Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,841 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah but while it is great, our was, you haven't addressed any of the ways they've rolled back on the original offer. It's blatantly clear that we are regarded as loyal, and therefore there's no real reason to reward us. Hence taking back the good all Ireland seats, which blatantly the sponsors must have been eyeing up (our croke park themselves). And then there's the reduction in league prices, made available to everyone but us and eroding the overall value. Typical that an unequivocally great decision by the GAA, almost unique in that respect, would subsequently be undermined. That's just how they roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Under what circumstances is Bring a Friend available? Told its not available for Croke Park on Sunday. Will have to sit by myself so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

No scanners working in Tullamore today ( at least early in the day). Letting people in on sight of cards. When I asked if attendance would be recorded was told to take it up with the Leinster Council myself! Service with a smile eh?...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

menace404 wrote: »

Realt Dearg Sec pretty much covered my feelings on it - those of us who have it a few years see our benefits being eroded, particularly this year.

As for your comment on swaps - I've never had any trouble finding other people to swap my two tickets in the Lower Cusack for Hill 16.
    No scanners working in Tullamore today ( at least early in the day). Letting people in on sight of cards. When I asked if attendance would be recorded was told to take it up with the Leinster Council myself! Service with a smile eh?...

You may well have some trouble because of that. Each ground taking season tickets has a print out of all names/card numbers of eligible people and they're supposed to mark you off the list in the event of the scanners not working. Email seasonticket@gaa.ie immediately to bring it into dispute before they push back waving the Terms & Conditions with the part that says the onus is on you to get scanned.

Realt Dearg Sec pretty much covered my feelings on it - those of us who have it a few years see our benefits being eroded, particularly this year.

As for your comment on swaps - I've never had any trouble finding other people to swap my two tickets in the Lower Cusack for Hill 16.

You may well have some trouble because of that. Each ground taking season tickets has a print out of all names/card numbers of eligible people and they're supposed to mark you off the list in the event of the scanners not working. Email seasonticket@gaa.ie immediately to bring it into dispute before they push back waving the Terms & Conditions with the part that says the onus is on you to get scanned.

Already done. They told dozens of people that I spoke to the same thing, they'll have to sort it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

happened me in limerick for the league semi final this year the turnstile i was sent to by the steward was'nt set up for season tickets all you have to do is explain your situation to them via an e-mail and it will be sorted by the middle of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

I would agree with your points that you made about the eroding of the benefits of the season ticket, especially in relation to league games. You have mentioned in the posts about the seats for the AI final being moved from the Cusack Stand, no mention of that on gaa.ie or any communication from seasonticket.ie? Where's your info coming from...

Yeah but while it is great, our was, you haven't addressed any of the ways they've rolled back on the original offer. It's blatantly clear that we are regarded as loyal, and therefore there's no real reason to reward us. Hence taking back the good all Ireland seats, which blatantly the sponsors must have been eyeing up (our croke park themselves). And then there's the reduction in league prices, made available to everyone but us and eroding the overall value. Typical that an unequivocally great decision by the GAA, almost unique in that respect, would subsequently be undermined. That's just how they roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

sylvanb wrote: »
    I would agree with your points that you made about the eroding of the benefits of the season ticket, especially in relation to league games. You have mentioned in the posts about the seats for the AI final being moved from the Cusack Stand, no mention of that on gaa.ie or any communication from seasonticket.ie? Where's your info coming from...

Its in the T&C's this year, they can also be changed withouf notification. 10 day rule also introduced for disputes of cards not been scanned correctly. We had a lot of hassle during the league. www.mayoclub51.com search for season tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Yeah pretty poor show again, surely anyone who didn't opt out and paid for a ticket will have to be marked as attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Does anyone know when your credit card is debited for a match. I have a Clare season ticket but tbh am skint this week so will use the opt-out clause this week v Wexford this Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lotsoftens

Warper wrote: »
    Does anyone know when your credit card is debited for a match.

It should say in the email you get from them about that particular match....i got the email from them last monday about the Kilkenny Galway game and it said payments were gonna be taken from wednesday....mine was taken thursday so you should get a couple of days notice anyway.

Got an email back from the season ticket office saying the attendance for the match in tullamore yesterday will be updated by lunch time tomorrow....i assume that means all cards will be marked as attended so....

• Subscribers Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Yeah, it's ridiculous really. It's like whoever made the rules has never been to a game and seen the utter farce entry can be. I had a game marked down as not attended and told it was my own problem, while at the ground they didn't have a clue what was going on and couldn't have cared less either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I was dicked about in Parnell Park this year for the hurling after arriving a bit late, but before half time. I got it sorted but what an unmerciful hassle it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I can see the benefits of the season ticket are gradually diminishing. Stuff we've have to put up with the last two years really leaves a sour taste in the mouth:

On the subject of the opt out, I've emails from 2012 that have links to "Opt Out" information which link to here. Apparently it's been affecting your attendance for a few years now.

We've had a reduction in league match prices except for at the gate. No corresponding reduction in Season Ticket prices. The hurling season ticket was particularly badly hit since there are less matches than in the football - it just about breaks even over guaranteed games

They don't inform season ticket holders of changes to the terms and conditions, forcing the responsibility onto us. Email is free, they know who the season ticket holders are and have our email addresses; a courtesy email wouldn't go amiss. Nobody else I pay for a service does things this way.

Seats for the final are no longer guaranteed to be in Lower Cusack, where they are for every other match in Croke Park throughout the year. Apparently due to "increased demand". Every AI final has massive demand and it's particularly shít because all stand tickets are the same price. Only 3,322 tickets went to ST holders last year. Last year Dublin were in the final and there is the Hill 16 season ticket for them. So at a guess about 2,500 tickets went to the Cusack Stand, out of 71,748. That's 3.1% who are getting dicked over this year. Surely we should be rewarded for supporting the GAA and our teams throughout league, provincial and All Irelands. What's the GAA's selling point for the season ticket? Loyalty rewarded - well it shouldn't be with crap seats in the Davin or nosebleeds in the Cusack or Hogan. I'd take a terrace ticket for €40 over both of those options; where is the fairness or the give respect, get respect ethos in that?

I can see more changes over the coming year; That 60% attendance is going to change, it'll either be 60% in both league and All Ireland or it'll be up to 70%. Seats won't be guaranteed in the Cusack for any match, not just the final.

I'd really really like it if the GAA used GAA Voice or some other method to solicit feedback from season ticket holders up and down the country about how they feel the scheme is working out for them and what they can do to improve it. Sitting up in an ivory tower at HQ making decisions isn't working out for them.

Your post is very worrying indeed...the GAA seems hell bent on reducing the benefits accruing to season ticket holders.It was very informative re the lack of reduction in the season ticket price considering the reduction in league game admission prices,was'nt aware that opt outs affected one's attendance record and the lack of guarantee re a lower Cusack seat for a semi final/final is a kick in the teeth.As you've said surely the onus lies with the GAA as a service provider to advise us of any changes in the terms and conditions relating to a season ticket,not vice versa.

My mate has acquired my ticket whilst paying for his own so I do not receive any of these pertinent e mails if they come at all.

Definitely it would be in all our interests if we in unison contacted the relevant authorities via e mail to voice our dissatifaction at the diminution in the benefits of our season tickets.Any suggestions?

I've been a massive fan of the GAA since they brought in this super scheme which rewards regular match day attenders but as already mentioned these changes are leaving a very bad taste in the mouth.

Surely they would'nt be so foolish to lose such a large segment of supporters in order to appease the usual suspects...sponsors,corporates for a few big match days?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭arch staunton

stewart told me all tickets would be credited as attended Match in Tullamore
    despite this i am marked as not attended in my match attendance on my season tkt page.
    The whole attitude of stewarts on duty was not very helpful
    Send them an email today so i wait and see what answer will be

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Mine is marked as attended. I thought they were taking not of the numbers as people were going in though.

I e-mailed them and am now showing as attended. They replied saying they knew about the problems and apologised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

Used my season ticket at the Cork v Tipp football game at the weekend but my attendance has not been updated. The site is down at the moment as well.
    Edit: site is back up and my attendance has been updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 menace404

Has anyone ever used the 'Bring a Friend' tool or 'Special Purchases' tool on the season ticket website. I want to buy a ticket for my friend coming over from London for the Munster Hurling final in Cork and was wondering if tickets are made available to season ticket holders with this method. I have never used it before and was wondering if anyone ever has??? I am also in a seating group with a few of my pals....if there was the option to purchase a ticket via the 'Bring a Friend' tool, is it unlikely that he will be seated with us????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

I haven't used the Bring a Friend. But my understanding is that it's not automatically available for each match. I would expect it not to be available for the hurling final. There has been a lot of discussion already about the capacity and I'd be surprised to be additional tickets being made available to season ticket holders.
    In Croke Park, if you use it, you are not seated where you would have been seated if you hadn't used it. We considered it last year and this was the reason we didn't use it. The explanation given for this is that the areas in 305/306 etc are there for season ticket holders, not for season ticket holders and their friends. I don't know what the "rule" is for where you're then seated, that time it was in the Davin (don't rem what match)
    I don't know how seating groups work. Where there are a few people on the same account, all members are moved to the other area. We would have liked to have purchased the ticket on the scheme, retained our own seats and sent a friend to the Davin - that's not an option - or it wasn't last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 menace404

damn

Has anyone that was in Tullamore last Saturday had their attendance updated yet? Definitely scanned in but showing not attended?

Has anyone that was in Tullamore last Saturday had their attendance updated yet? Definitely scanned in but showing not attended?

Nope...mine still says not attended....checked with them earlier and got this back:

"Attendance data for each fixture is uploaded in the days following the fixture. We generally rely on the local volunteers to upload so it might be Thursday before all data is uploaded. Best to check in on Friday morning.​"

They've not marked my attendance correctly a couple of times in previous years and it impacted my tickets for the final one year so i'm just going to keep chasing them until they fix it...never seems an issue from games in Nowlan Park for some reason - always marked quickly there....bit of consistency from them wouldn't go astray....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Can the Season Ticket be used for the provincial finals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

iDave wrote: »

Yes, I use it for all fixtures to ensure that I get an AI Final Ticket if Dublin are lucky enough to get there....

attendance2014_zpsc2c8339f.jpg

As stated before the Season Ticket covers all League game including the Semi-Final & Final & your first championship game, there after you get a €5 discount on the ticket price for all games except for a Provincial Final & the AI Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

celticbest wrote: »
    Yes, I use it for all fixtures to ensure that I get an AI Final Ticket if Dublin are lucky enough to get there....

attendance2014_zpsc2c8339f.jpg

As stated before the Season Ticket covers all League game including the Semi-Final & Final & your first championship game, there after you get a €5 discount on the ticket price for all games except for a Provincial Final & the AI Final.

How many games do you need to attend to be eligible for the All-Ireland tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,534 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jimd2 wrote: »
    How many games do you need to attend to be eligible for the All-Ireland tickets?

60%

lotsoftens wrote: »
    Nope...mine still says not attended....checked with them earlier and got this back:

"Attendance data for each fixture is uploaded in the days following the fixture. We generally rely on the local volunteers to upload so it might be Thursday before all data is uploaded. Best to check in on Friday morning.​"

They've not marked my attendance correctly a couple of times in previous years and it impacted my tickets for the final one year so i'm just going to keep chasing them until they fix it...never seems an issue from games in Nowlan Park for some reason - always marked quickly there....bit of consistency from them wouldn't go astray....

Exactly! Some of the league matches were updated by Sunday night.

Edit: just e-mailed and got identical response. They need some faster moving local volunteers! You'd imagine all they have to do is plug the scanner in to something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

iDave wrote: »

Yes and no. The season ticket entitles you to a ticket for all games that your county is involved in (in the code that you bought the season ticket for,) including its provincial final and All Ireland final, if your county makes it to those finals. It doesn't entitle you to a ticket to other provincial finals, or games in other codes.

So for example, if you have a Dublin football season ticket, you are not entitled to a ticket to any of the Munster/Connaught/Ulster provincial finals. Nor does it entitle you to a ticket to any of Dublins hurling games, be they finals or other wise. If you buy a footballs season ticket, you only get to go to Dublins football games on it & vice versa.

Advertisement