Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

Mine hasn't been updated yet for the Mayo - Roscommon game yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Mine not updated for KK V Offaly, what's the e mail address to query?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I sent an email to them on that

"Thanks for your email.

Attendance data for each fixture is uploaded in the days following the fixture. We generally rely on the local volunteers to upload so it might be Wednesday before the details are up to date. Best to check in on Thursday morning.

Kind regards,"

The address is Seasonticket@gaa.ie

Would be ironic if the attendance didn't get registered when there was a competition in the program for season ticket holders to scan a QR code but you had to have location services on to show you were there and I've enter that!

Will wait a few days to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

There is some serious issues this year with the scanning of season tickets, loads of info here, http://mayoclub51.com/category/season-tickets/

What I noticed yesterday it takes a few seconds for the scanner to reset after scanning a ticket, if you scan another ticket too quick, it will still say "Go" on the scanner and the second card will not be scanned. After my ticket and first nephews ticket was scanned, it took 4 attempts to scan my second nephews ticket. I would not leave until it scanned correctly, beeped and flashed Go. I would recommend every season ticket holder to get to match early and INSIST and retry scanning your tickets until scanned correctly. If that still doe's not work, tell them to mark off your name on the printed list of season ticket holders that is at every match!

• Advertisement

Was there early yesterday to see the hurling game and agree it was slow to get scanned about 40secs, multiple attempts, asked to see GO on screen so I'll just wait an see. At least we were in before the rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Anyone any idea when the money will be taken for dubs game.
    (Football)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Just checked again. My sons juvenile ticket has been credited with attendance and my own one has not!!!

It updated !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Anyone any idea when the money will be taken for dubs game.
    (Football)

Usually the Wednesday before the game for me.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Opt out is now available for next weekend, however terms and conditions now say opt out counts as a missed game in your attendance. I remember from a few years back that it didn't, or am I remembering wrongly?

Money taken on Tuesday says email also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

copacetic wrote: »
    Opt out is now available for next weekend, however terms and conditions now say opt out counts as a missed game in your attendance. I remember from a few years back that it didn't, or am I remembering wrongly?

Money taken on Tuesday says email also.

Opt outs did not affect your attendance records in previous years though I only used mine in 2011

Opt outs did not affect your attendance records in previous years though I only used mine in 2011

Yeah, I only use it once in 2010 I think. Seems they are looking to backtrack on a lot of things, but with attendance only at 60% requirement, I guess it's not a big issue and could always get someone to take tickets if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Never used the opt out (wanted to use it for a League game this year but left it too late).

I wonder if it does not count against you in League games as there is no charge, whereas for Championship games, you are charged, except for the first game. So, if it applied for Championship, you could buy your ST, head to League games and first Championship game and then skip several Championship games and still end up with 60% attendance?

I wonder if it was abused, i.e. ST holders opted out of Championship games because even with the EUR 5 discount, it's still cheaper to go to the terrace?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,520 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Never used the opt out (wanted to use it for a League game this year but left it too late).

I wonder if it does not count against you in League games as there is no charge, whereas for Championship games, you are charged, except for the first game. So, if it applied for Championship, you could buy your ST, head to League games and first Championship game and then skip several Championship games and still end up with 60% attendance?

I wonder if it was abused, i.e. ST holders opted out of Championship games because even with the EUR 5 discount, it's still cheaper to go to the terrace?

Why would you need to use it for a league game though? All league games are included in the cost of the card

KevIRL wrote: »
    Why would you need to use it for a league game though? All league games are included in the cost of the card

So that you could opt out in the Championship, when the tickets cost money, while using the League to build up your attendance?

So that you could opt out in the Championship, when the tickets cost money, while using the League to build up your attendance?

I'm confused completely now.

You only get opt outs for the championship games after first game. Never had the option for the league as you can't 'opt out' of paying for it.

So you could never have opted out of a league game early or late.

I can see the benefits of the season ticket are gradually diminishing. Stuff we've have to put up with the last two years really leaves a sour taste in the mouth:

On the subject of the opt out, I've emails from 2012 that have links to "Opt Out" information which link to here. Apparently it's been affecting your attendance for a few years now.

We've had a reduction in league match prices except for at the gate. No corresponding reduction in Season Ticket prices. The hurling season ticket was particularly badly hit since there are less matches than in the football - it just about breaks even over guaranteed games

They don't inform season ticket holders of changes to the terms and conditions, forcing the responsibility onto us. Email is free, they know who the season ticket holders are and have our email addresses; a courtesy email wouldn't go amiss. Nobody else I pay for a service does things this way.

Seats for the final are no longer guaranteed to be in Lower Cusack, where they are for every other match in Croke Park throughout the year. Apparently due to "increased demand". Every AI final has massive demand and it's particularly shít because all stand tickets are the same price. Only 3,322 tickets went to ST holders last year. Last year Dublin were in the final and there is the Hill 16 season ticket for them. So at a guess about 2,500 tickets went to the Cusack Stand, out of 71,748. That's 3.1% who are getting dicked over this year. Surely we should be rewarded for supporting the GAA and our teams throughout league, provincial and All Irelands. What's the GAA's selling point for the season ticket? Loyalty rewarded - well it shouldn't be with crap seats in the Davin or nosebleeds in the Cusack or Hogan. I'd take a terrace ticket for €40 over both of those options; where is the fairness or the give respect, get respect ethos in that?

I can see more changes over the coming year; That 60% attendance is going to change, it'll either be 60% in both league and All Ireland or it'll be up to 70%. Seats won't be guaranteed in the Cusack for any match, not just the final.

I'd really really like it if the GAA used GAA Voice or some other method to solicit feedback from season ticket holders up and down the country about how they feel the scheme is working out for them and what they can do to improve it. Sitting up in an ivory tower at HQ making decisions isn't working out for them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

As far as I know the Opt out always affected your attendance. They never marked you as attended for any game you didn't attend. You never had the option to opt out of a league game either as far as I can remember.

This is from an email I have from September 2009:

"There are some improvements for this year including:

- A Juvenile GAA Season Ticket at EUR 10 base price

- An Opt Out for the Championship match you cannot attend"

Another email from 2010 after I had used the Opt-out:

"Just a confirmation that your opt out for this fixture has been registered and you will not be charged.

Please note that your attendance will not be registered for this fixture. Please also note that you will not be able to opt out for any of your county's remaining championship matches."

It's entirely possible that people within the GAA are not fans of the ST scheme and are happy enough to cut back on the benefits and have those central AI tickets to distribute amongst themselves or to family etc.

I'd imagine it will be done away with in the next few years.

Guess my memory from 2011 is faulty, I'll concede the point and it's apparently not a rule change. At least one thing is consistent :o

• Advertisement

I think more likely you have competing camps within the GAA. People pushed the season ticket and it's been a great success, getting numbers to league and smaller games that wouldn't have got those numbers before, which was the point.

However with teams with big followings like Mayo, Donegal and Dublin doing so well in recent years it appears they have had a backlash from the from various camps and even county's themselves who think that season tickets holders should be well below clubs, direct county schemes like the Parnell pass and the Mayo scheme. Along with the 'tickets for the lads' rather than the county fan camps.

They have chipped away at the benefits to the season ticket holders steadily and gradually to try and free up tickets to the all Ireland finals. It's really the only reason.

I've personally had a couple of tickets since the scheme first came out. They have gotten to be less value, but it's still a great scheme. They could increase the attendance requirement or up the price a bit more and I'd say most people like myself would still be happy enough.

Personally I think the one that really stinks is this notion that you could be sat anywhere, but I'm not sure how likely that is to actually happen to people.

So you could never have opted out of a league game early or late.

You can opt out for attendance purposes, that's what I was talking about.

You can opt out for attendance purposes, that's what I was talking about.

No you cant

KevIRL wrote: »
    No you cant

You can, there were opt out options for League games when you logged into your account.

You can, there were opt out options for League games when you logged into your account.

I could not make one league game . I tried to opt out. Could not

km79 wrote: »
    I could not make one league game . I tried to opt out. Could not

I tried to opt out of one but had passed cut off time (game was throwing in at 2, I tried around 12).

Honestly, I'm not making this up, but will leave it at that.

I tried to opt out of one but had passed cut off time (game was throwing in at 2, I tried around 12).

Honestly, I'm not making this up, but will leave it at that.
    So ya cud opt out ? I was not able to travel to Omagh so tried to opt out it could not. Could have sworn it was only for championship matches!

Not there wasn't and never have been. The opt out tab is in your account at all times, the same way renewal is, but you can't opt out except for matches you are paying for.

As pointed out above it appears that those opt outs only save you money, and they never counted for attendance anyway.

Not there wasn't and never have been. The opt out tab is in your account at all times, the same way renewal is, but you can't opt out except for matches you are paying for.

As pointed out above it appears that those opt outs only save you money, and they never counted for attendance anyway.

Yeah i m almost certain this is correct !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 menace404

I think the season ticket is fantastic. I have been to 8 out of the 9 Cork hurling matches this year. I could afford to not attend anymore matches in the remainder of Corks season and qualify for an AI ticket (not that I would, because I go to all the games anyway and who in their right mind would not go to PUC for the munster final). And I still have an opt out still, so I have the flexibility to plan some holidays with my family in July or August and benefit from the opt out. But in all liklihood I wont because I love watching Cork hurling and the season ticket completely removes the pressure of acquiring tickets. What I would like to see is a ticket swap scheme (ie) have the ability to swap tickets with other ticket holders to sit in certain sections of the ground, for example, I would love to be in the uncovered stand in PUC for the munster final but I guarantee I will end up in the covered stand sitting behind a bloody steel beam holding the roof up.

Verdict: Cant complain, super product for GAA fans.

Advertisement