Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

It does seem to be happening! We were in uncovered stand in Cork yesterday - and a good bit off to the side as well. Very disappointed and annoyed - and e-mailed them to express this. I haven't had a response. I'm pretty sure they will blame the reduced capacity - but our football ticket the previous week wasn't exactly great either, row 3 - and capacity wasn't an issue - nor was ever going to be at that fixture.

As for the scanning issue. My understanding was that once you had a printed ticket you could go in any turnstile and that it would be scanned. But the issue I encountered was in Cork last week (football) where the scanners were broken. I queried why my ticket was torn, not scanned and I was told this and there wasn't anything they could do, but it would be updated later - over a week later and it hasn't been updated. I've contacted them twice, first time told to check back on Friday as they're depending on local volunteers and they're often updated on Thursday - checked back on Friday and same thing and contacted them to be told they were still updating them and to bear with them. This went on with a fixture last year and no matter how often I contacted them I was told they were working on it - and it went on like that until Cork were thrown out of the championship!

The scanners were working in Cork yesterday (hurling) and our attendance is up to date this morning. So I'm less confident that the previous week will be updated without me going back and back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

yop wrote: »
    Plenty of us not happy yesterday, ticket prices up and then they lumped us into the 2nd last section to the left, i was sitting just inside the 21 yard line, without doubt the worst ticket I have got for a match since we took them up 5 years ago. Wondering are other counties experiencing this now also? I saw a lot of the "regulars" all around me so it was the majority of ST holders who were kicked sideways.

I refused to go to where we were shoved into section 108, we were heading to the terrace anyway flying flags! Got a fair burning too! Lot of people saying they were frozen too in the stand :D

Did all the season ticket holders remember to scan the QR code inside the gate? Worked perfect too, only took a second,

• Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

yeah there was actually a few empty seats around us.
    i was happy enuf with the view

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

Got 305 for croker aswell, 100% attendance prior to this. It seems that your attendance record affects seating location. TouchingVirus, VONSHIRACH, as a matter of interest have you both 100% attendance thus far?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

SportsMad1 wrote: »
    Got 305 for croker aswell, 100% attendance prior to this. It seems that your attendance record affects seating location. TouchingVirus, VONSHIRACH, as a matter of interest have you both 100% attendance thus far?

305 aswell, but missed 2 away games in LG.
    Original ST holders if that might make a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

305 aswell, but missed 2 away games in LG.
    Original ST holders if that might make a difference.

same as myself. 9/11 and original ST holder. I have never had 100% since it started, due to a combination of illness, bereavements, holidays, finances etc

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

That's interesting!

We're original ST holders for football. 100% attendance this year - if they ever get to update PUC for last weekend! 90%+ in every other year bar the very first year. Have always had good tickets in CP - hopefully we'll see it this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭lukin

I wanted to use the opt-out for the Sligo v Cork game because I can't go but I didn't get the email in time. It was sent yesterday morning but said I only had until midday to do it. I didn't get to read it properly until today because I was busy at work so I missed it and am now going to be charged €30 for a game I am not going to be at. It seems a ridiculusly long time before the match to make you decide whether you are going to opt out or not (Tuesday when the match is on a Saturday).
    Fairly annoyed but there is nothing I can do about it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Don't think that's ridiculous at all, they don't want spaces everywhere, so they want you to decide before they start allocating the tickets, to give people the best seats available. Difficult to see how they could run opt out in parallel with people printing out their tickets etc..

Print out your tickets and pass them on to someone at a good price?

copacetic wrote: »
    Don't think that's ridiculous at all, they don't want spaces everywhere, so they want you to decide before they start allocating the tickets, to give people the best seats available. Difficult to see how they could run opt out in parallel with people printing out their tickets etc..

Print out your tickets and pass them on to someone at a good price?

I can't because for this game you don't require a printed ticket (just the season ticket card). I don't fancy giving my season ticket card to somebody (even if it is just for one day).

• Advertisement

lukin wrote: »
    I can't because for this game you don't require a printed ticket (just the season ticket card). I don't fancy giving my season ticket card to somebody (even if it is just for one day).
    This is the last time you will need the season ticket this year ?
    I assume for croker you have to print out tickets as it's assigned seating .....

km79 wrote: »
    This is the last time you will need the season ticket this year ?
    I assume for croker you have to print out tickets as it's assigned seating .....

Yeah, it could be a draw though. It's the first time I have ever wanted to use the opt-out option, I wasn't aware they asked so far in advance of the match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Rightlad91

I have stand tickets available for the hurling sunday in mid section on the 45 yrd line.. pm if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Anyone have any experience in getting a refund from the season ticket office? The website was acting up in March when I was trying to book a Bring a Friend and I ended up being charged four times for one ticket. I emailed earlier but didn't get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mackattack

statto25 wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience in getting a refund from the season ticket office? The website was acting up in March when I was trying to book a Bring a Friend and I ended up being charged four times for one ticket. I emailed earlier but didn't get a response.

I emailed them last week with the same issue, I called first and was told to email them, I have yet to receive notice from them that the mail was acknowledged. The match I bought the additional adult and juvenile tickets for was Dublin v Laois. I noticed the credit card was charged twice.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What is the story with bringing my 3 old to a match when I have a season ticket and am part of a group? Might bring the young lad to Croker for the Cork/Sligo match.

What is the story with bringing my 3 old to a match when I have a season ticket and am part of a group? Might bring the young lad to Croker for the Cork/Sligo match.

Isn't that match being played in Tullamore??

http://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Isn't that match being played in Tullamore??

http://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/

I think Yop means the winner of the Cork/Sligo v Mayo. I think you can bring a friend but you are relocated to another part of the stand and the seats aren't as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Under the jacket!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

statto25 wrote: »
    I think Yop means the winner of the Cork/Sligo v Mayo. I think you can bring a friend but you are relocated to another part of the stand and the seats aren't as good.

Sorry yes I should have stated it better :D
    Under the jacket!
    Stop, it will be 30 degrees, I will be a like sweating like a pig! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Stop, it will be 30 degrees, I will be a like sweating like a pig! :D

You can take it off once you've gone through the gate :D

Sorry Yop, should have known that's what ya meant :o This heat is frying me brain :pac:
    I think even toddlers/babies need tickets for Croke Park, could you get him a juvenile for him in Cusack and just sit/squeese him in your group? I'm sure there will be plenty of empty seats around on the day.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Sorry Yop, should have known that's what ya meant :o This heat is frying me brain :pac:
    I think even toddlers/babies need tickets for Croke Park, could you get him a juvenile for him in Cusack and just sit/squeese him in your group? I'm sure there will be plenty of empty seats around on the day.

Good idea, I might just do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Good idea, I might just do that.

Weve a group of 4 ST's and this is what we do if someone wants to bring a child. I find the 4-5 year olds generally end up on your lap anyway seat or not !!!!
    Ive been told that if you use bring a friend , the whole group gets moved , but have never put it to the test .
    If we have 2 or more , we but 2 child tickets and draw straws for sitting in the "bad" seats.

Weve a group of 4 ST's and this is what we do if someone wants to bring a child. I find the 4-5 year olds generally end up on your lap anyway seat or not !!!!
    Ive been told that if you use bring a friend , the whole group gets moved , but have never put it to the test .
    If we have 2 or more , we but 2 child tickets and draw straws for sitting in the "bad" seats.

Great advice, thanks for that.

when will we see our seats for Sunday ?

when will we see our seats for Sunday ?

Should get the mail tomorrow I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Great advice, thanks for that.

It's incorrect though, only the bring a friend member will be removed from the group - see here
    One thing to note if you are a member of a Seating Group, once you purchase a ‘Bring-a-Friend’ ticket
    you will not be seated with your Seating Group.

season ticket seats
    304 row N

• Advertisement

season ticket seats
    304 row N

306 G for our group. Brilliant seats! Hope its a fine day.

Advertisement