Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

km79 wrote: »
    season ticket seats
    304 row N

304 row O!

Howdy neighbour! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mayo.mick wrote: »
    306 G for our group. Brilliant seats! Hope its a fine day.

306 F, I guess you will be one with the camera! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

yop wrote: »
    306 F, I guess you will be one with the camera! :D

That'll be me! Make sure to give me a shout :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

That'll be me! Make sure to give me a shout :)

Can I give u a slap :D

I will actually, I'd know u from seen you there for the last 3 or 4 years as we would be sitting close, so i will give u a shout.
    Well I hope its u! :D

yop wrote: »
    Can I give u a slap :D

I will actually, I'd know u from seen you there for the last 3 or 4 years as we would be sitting close, so i will give u a shout.
    Well I hope its u! :D

I'll have my new flag with me too (if I remember to bring it!) Yeah it's always the same face's you see in the season ticket section, though it doe's get changed around sometimes for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

what did I do wrong :( p)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

lads does any one know when they take the money for the Dublin quarter final
    had to cancel my card and waiting on the new one

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

They'll take it on Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Email today says that they will begin processing payments and allocating seats on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Sometimes banks take 4-5 days to send out news cards. To be safe, I'd get a friend to add their card to your account. You can remove it afterwards.

Just for your information: If you miss the first allocation run on Wednesday then when you receive the mail that says your tickets are available you won't see them in your account. In previous mails this year it said if that happens then make sure you update your card details by X day and X time to get included in the second run.

That happened to me for the Leinster hurling final with Kilkenny and I ended up surrounded by Kilkenny fans on my own with the other ST holders another stand over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Has anyone had an issue with checking their attendance on the season ticket site? It worked fine for the league games but since the Connacht final I haven't been able to access that section - it just gives an error. I emailed them before and they said there was no problem, so I'm wondering if it is just me it's happening to or is anyone else having the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

No issue here - checked just now and can see attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭glack

Mine is fine too.

305 L, brilliant seats again! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭agfasfos

305 L, brilliant seats again! :D
    Was the 'Bring a friend' option offered ?.

agfasfos wrote: »

Don't know. I've never used it, anyone that did got moved out to 314, anyway all me only friends are in my seating group! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

agfasfos wrote: »

Yes it was offered - the available options were 314 or 703. Went for 703 and got the upper tier front row (two extra tickets along with the season ticket). Should be decent enough seats I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

It now seems the capacity of the Gaelic Grounds in Limerick is a lot less than the 50,000 quoted.

"Munster Council officials, who are overseeing preparations for the clash, last night revealed that the stadium will have a capacity of close to 44,500. There will be reserved seating in the stand and that accounts for about 21,000 seats."

We are asking all Mayo season ticket holders, if you are unable to attend the replay this weekend, to please not use your "opt out". Sell your ticket (at face value) to another Mayo supporter. There will be a lot of supporters disappointed as there will not be enough tickets to supply demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Just to note also there will be no "bring a friend" option for the replay. Cairde Mhaigheo members are also restricted to one ticket per member which was announced by the county board yesterday.

Eugh - Row F last time out, Row D this time. Being so low is pure shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 FatimaKid

My father and I walked out of Croke Park in 1983 - disgusted at the treatment of fans over the previous 20 years - specifically, the scramble for tickets for the big games. We went to nearly every Dubs match - home or away - mostly football but sometimes hurling as well.

But when it came "ticket time" we felt the GAA said to fans like us - "Go fcuk yerself!"

My dad never went back.

Then along came the wonderful innovation - many, many years old in the foreign game - that is the Season Ticket.

Both my son and I are holders of Dublin Football season tickets. And guess what? Deva vu! We feel the GAA is saying "go fcuk yerselves!"

We're in the Cusack all year long - 305 or 306 - rows anywhere from T back to AA or whatever. Along comes the big games and guess what? 304 F last game, 304 D next game.

Same thing happened last year.

I appreciate we didn't contract for specific seats but getting pushed sideways and forward doesn't seem right. Seems the GAA is more intested in accommodating the Johnny come latelies than the consistent fans.

I'd love to know who's been assigned the seats in 305 and 306 that I was in in February and will be in again next February. I'd also love to know where they were in February and where they'll be next February. I imagine it'll be by the fire watching it all on TV while I freeze the nuts off myself in the various stadia around the country.

Sorry for the long post but I've been holding it in since 1983.

COYBIB

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

I was in 304 for the last game , but back in 305 for this one up the back .
    Ive the ST since the beginning and am generally happy enough. Friends of mine who only joined in 2012 are the Upr Cusack for this game so dont think its the Johnny Come Lately's . I think maybe with the last game you had 4 sets of ST holders to accomodate , but I am surprised that you are in 304 for this one .

FatimaKid wrote: »
    My father and I walked out of Croke Park in 1983 - disgusted at the treatment of fans over the previous 20 years - specifically, the scramble for tickets for the big games. We went to nearly every Dubs match - home or away - mostly football but sometimes hurling as well.

But when it came "ticket time" we felt the GAA said to fans like us - "Go fcuk yerself!"

My dad never went back.

Then along came the wonderful innovation - many, many years old in the foreign game - that is the Season Ticket.

Both my son and I are holders of Dublin Football season tickets. And guess what? Deva vu! We feel the GAA is saying "go fcuk yerselves!"

We're in the Cusack all year long - 305 or 306 - rows anywhere from T back to AA or whatever. Along comes the big games and guess what? 304 F last game, 304 D next game.

I appreciate we didn't contract for specific seats but getting pushed sideways and forward doesn't seem right. Seems the GAA is more intested in accommodating the Johnny come latelies than the consistent fans.

I'd love to know who's been assigned the seats in 305 and 306 that I was in in February and will be in again next February. I'd also love to know where they were in February and where they'll be next February. I imagine it'll be by the fire watching it all on TV while I freeze the nuts off myself in the various stadia around the country.

Sorry for the long post but I've been holding it in since 1983.

COYBIB

305 last Sunday in Croker, great seats, always great seats. For Limerick we are on the 21 yard line. Shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

FatimaKid wrote: »

COYBIB

From memory I think I was in 305/306 for all the 2014 Croke Park league matches.

I have only recently began to record my Croke Park seat numbers...

304 JJ leinster semi-final

305 V leinster final

wedding/optout all-ireland quarter-final

306 J all-ireland semi-final

We have been shafted yet again, 102 we are in :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

We have been shafted yet again, 102 we are in :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I confess that I had to look up a map as I have never been been a spectator in the Gaelic Grounds, although I have actually played a game there.

You are at the city end or is that the sh*tty end?

But maybe with the reduced capacity compared to Croke Park, you are lucky to have a ticket.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=A211IE835&p=gaelic+grounds+map

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    I confess that I had to look up a map as I have never been been a spectator in the Gaelic Grounds, although I have actually played a game there.

You are at the city end or is that the sh*tty end?

But maybe with the reduced capacity compared to Croke Park, you are lucky to have a ticket.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=A211IE835&p=gaelic+grounds+map

Lucky to have a ticket? Shure I'm entitled to a ticket being a season ticket holder? How would you feel if ye were moved to 302 for the match Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Got to laugh at the Dublin fans whinging about getting 304 when Mayo fans get moved down to the corner of the Davin for big games because of them - and to Limerick this weekend. Get over yourselves lads, its not like you don't get enough advantages over everyone else already.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Lucky to have a ticket? Shure I'm entitled to a ticket being a season ticket holder? How would you feel if ye were moved to 302 for the match Sunday?
    Looks like our fears are coming through. If Dublin get to the final I fear we won't be in or around 705 as we have been so far. The season ticket holders might get shafted .

• Advertisement

I'll give you better representation of what I have records of here:

AI Final 2011: 405 SS

Leinster QF - 3/6/2012: 306 FF
    Leinster SF - 1/7/2012: 309 DD
    AI QF - 4/8/2012: 306 GG

AI Final 2013: 405 RR

2014 League vs Kildare - 8/3/2014: 306 V
    League Semis - 304 Q
    League Finals - 303 CC
    Leinster QF - 304 HH
    Leinster SF - 304 S
    Leinster Final - 307 O
    AI QF: 304 F
    AI SF: 304 D

Even in the matches that I don't have records for I know that I was getting better seats last year but especially in 2011 and 2012 with more doubles (AA+) or high-singles (S-Z). I also know that in February I was sitting down low during league matches. It's getting to the stage now where I get better views in seats or terraces in other grounds than I do in HQ. And yes, where's the reward for my loyalty all season? Lads will be able to get better seats from touts on the day and no matter what way you cut it that isn't right. It isn't like the prices for not being pitchside are any more expensive.

Advertisement