Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Padkir wrote: »
    Hey has anyone had any difficulty accessing tickets for the semi finals this weekend? It says that there are no available tickets to print, either in my tickets or special purchases. Anyone else having trouble?

I've a Mayo season ticket.

The "Bring a Friend" option only finished at midnight last night so they should be allocated and available for around lunchtime today or after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Tickets ready for printing now, we're in 307.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Tickets ready for printing now, we're in 307.

Same as us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

307 it is too

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Lads, next stupid question coming up! I cant go Sunday so im giving my ticket to a mate livin in Dublin. I cant get the card to him though. So if he uses the printed ticket and doesn't scan the ''season ticket'' does it count for attendance???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 anoh77

jj72 wrote: »
    Lads, next stupid question coming up! I cant go Sunday so im giving my ticket to a mate livin in Dublin. I cant get the card to him though. So if he uses the printed ticket and doesn't scan the ''season ticket'' does it count for attendance???

Only the printed ticket needs to be scanned for games in Croke Park, this will also record attendance, he wont need your actual season ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

jj72 wrote: »

You HAVE to print the ticket. No scanning season tickets at croker.
    So send him the PDF file to print. It will be scanned for your attendance then

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Thanks lads, wasn't certain about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

302 for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

306 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

lovely 306 for us too, hope we get the same in September :D

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

305 for us. Great seats every time this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

307 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

305. It is always 305 or 306 for me, having being one of the earliest season ticket buyers.

Anyone's attendance up yet for Sunday yet? Mine’s still showing as unattended...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Mines up since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

mines up since Sunday afternoon.

Cheers, they have just updated as Attended.

The attendant had to manually enter my barcodes as my tickets would not scan, maybe this has something to do with why they took longer to update?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

A few questions:

I have 3 STs on my account, but our seating group is 8 in total.

I can 'Bring a Friend' (up to 6) on my account, but am told that if I do, all tickets on my account will be moved to a different section.

Does this mean that on my 3 tickets plus up to 6 friends will be together, i.e. apart from the other 5 people in my ST group?

I also wanted to know if anyone has ever had the ST office issue them with terrace tickets instead of stand tickets for provincial championship matches?

I prefer standing where possible, and in truth, the ST tickets for Clones are nothing short of awful. I don't want prime seats in the stand, I just want to be able to get a decent view of the game and am happy to give up my seats to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

As far as I'm aware only the ST holders under your account will be moved, so the rest of your seating group will not sit with you and your Bring-A-Friend people. You can confirm this with the ST office though.

It's been a while since I was in Clones but I'm pretty sure it's not an all-seater stadium, and thus it's not ticketed. If I'm right then you are free to have your ticket scanned at the ST turnstile and move into the terrace after; I can't remember the last time I sat in the stand for a non-Croke Park match, I much prefer the terrace myself. You'll have a much more difficult time getting Hill 16/Nally tickets for matches in Croker, pretty sure you'll end up having to swap your stand tickets for terrace like I did in the AI Semi-Final & Final 2013.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    A few questions:

I have 3 STs on my account, but our seating group is 8 in total.

I can 'Bring a Friend' (up to 6) on my account, but am told that if I do, all tickets on my account will be moved to a different section.

Does this mean that on my 3 tickets plus up to 6 friends will be together, i.e. apart from the other 5 people in my ST group?

I also wanted to know if anyone has ever had the ST office issue them with terrace tickets instead of stand tickets for provincial championship matches?

I prefer standing where possible, and in truth, the ST tickets for Clones are nothing short of awful. I don't want prime seats in the stand, I just want to be able to get a decent view of the game and am happy to give up my seats to do so.

Don't quite get how your bring a friends are in a group as its very few matches we get this option.
    From what I can see you can only setup a group of only ST Holders.

When bring a friend, then the ticket that buys the Bring a friend and the friends will be moved out.

Always stand tickets issued for ST holders in our case.

You MIGHT Be able to buzz them and ask them for that match if you could change. You will still be charged a stand price I suspect.

As far as I'm aware only the ST holders under your account will be moved, so the rest of your seating group will not sit with you and your Bring-A-Friend people. You can confirm this with the ST office though.

Cheers, makes sense, but not really what I had hoped to hear.
    It's been a while since I was in Clones but I'm pretty sure it's not an all-seater stadium, and thus it's not ticketed. If I'm right then you are free to have your ticket scanned at the ST turnstile and move into the terrace after; I can't remember the last time I sat in the stand for a non-Croke Park match, I much prefer the terrace myself. You'll have a much more difficult time getting Hill 16/Nally tickets for matches in Croker, pretty sure you'll end up having to swap your stand tickets for terrace like I did in the AI Semi-Final & Final 2013.

Clones is not all seater. It's one thing if we were allocated seats in the maibn covered stand with the great and the good and the shrill, but we are allocated open covered seating in front of the terrace. We were so low down that we were nearly below the pitch level last year, and indeed the TV camera on the sideline blocked our view of the far goal. Note that our tickets have seat numbers that correspond to actual seats.

The problem is, I think you have to access the ST seats via a separate turnstile, and I'm not sure that you can access the terrace via this turnstile (unless a steward lets you through, and on Ulster Final day I'm not sure that they will). I'm not sure that all turnstiles will have a scanner (mind you, for any all ticket game, I guess they might otherwise how do they keep track of the print at home tickets from Tickets.ie etc), so even if you were let into the terrace with your ST, would your attendance even be updated?

Maybe I am overthinking this and I should just stroll in any gate. But I have my doubts...

yop wrote: »
    Always stand tickets issued for ST holders in our case.

You MIGHT Be able to buzz them and ask them for that match if you could change. You will still be charged a stand price I suspect.

I've no problem paying stand price to, em, stand.

And if we had reasonable seats, I wouldn't be as bothered. But, seats we had last year were awful, for Clones at least. Carrick on Shannon and Croke Park were fine.

For the opening game in Ballybofey last year, we managed to swap our eight stand tickets for eight terrrace. It was quite a bit of hassle mind you, especially since you have to trust the people you are swapping with to (a) get your ticket scanned and (b) not look funny at a paper ticket....it would be easier if we were issued with 'proper' tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Can someone please tell me where to log-in on the GAA website, i cant find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Warper wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me where to log-in on the GAA website, i cant find it?

www.seasontickets.ie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Tickets now available for Sunday's Football Finals, in 304 not the worst....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

I see you can use the ST for the finals on Saturday. It says show up to the hogan stand and your card will be scanned. I wonder does that mean there is no reserved seating?

Advertisement