Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I love how they give them selves a few days grace to update attendance (and this is always their first line where attendance is not recorded) Then say you must contact them within 10 days.

In reality the window of when they update their system (which we don't know) and the end of the 10 day window is very small.

Also in this weeks email they say "Please ensure that your card is scanned in order for your attendance to be recorded. (Attendance will not be amended at a later date)" which makes a mockery of the whole process.

Last season I was heading in to Semple Stadium for KK v Waterford, and it was obvious the ticket didn't scan correctly but the official just waved me on, wouldn't scan it a second time. Last year it was grand to get it corrected but this year I would be unable to do so.

Also asking supporters to check the scanner is a nonsense as most of the time the scanner is with the person behind the style. They are going to have to come up with a better solution or vastly improve their scanning system.

The whole system is a mess this year. And not great value either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

mayo.mick wrote: »
    What I mean is, they changed the T&C's from last year, those are the T&C's that every season ticket holder agreed to when buying the ticket this year. I didn't realise that myself until I actually read them! I'd have thought they would have to notify us, but not so.

How hard would it have been to make a note on the site at renewals time that the T&Cs had changed? Legally they did nothing wrong, grand. That doesn't change the fact that it's fairly sharp practice all the same.

This, among a few other issues like the decreasing value of the Season Ticket both monetarily and in the reward stakes (e.g. good seats) and the diminishing customer service that others have experienced are things I'd like to raise with the GAA Season Ticket office but fear it'd fall on deaf ears since I'm just one voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

adrian522 wrote: »
    I love how they give them selves a few days grace to update attendance (and this is always their first line where attendance is not recorded) Then say you must contact them within 10 days.

In reality the window of when they update their system (which we don't know) and the end of the 10 day window is very small.

Also in this weeks email they say "Please ensure that your card is scanned in order for your attendance to be recorded. (Attendance will not be amended at a later date)" which makes a mockery of the whole process.

Last season I was heading in to Semple Stadium for KK v Waterford, and it was obvious the ticket didn't scan correctly but the official just waved me on, wouldn't scan it a second time. Last year it was grand to get it corrected but this year I would be unable to do so.

Also asking supporters to check the scanner is a nonsense as most of the time the scanner is with the person behind the style. They are going to have to come up with a better solution or vastly improve their scanning system.

By the same token Adrian, the county boards could be loosing out big time. Anyone with an orinary ticket, (and it could be from the previous week) would be scanned too and let in!! That's one of the problems, the people are not checking the scanner as they are scanning, It beeps and flash's "Green & Go" but it also beeps, flash's "Red & Stop"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I only became aware of any rule changes and problems/issues from this thread. I think T&C 53 is pretty mean regarding seats that WILL NOT be located in the same section as previous games. It is very poor treatment for the season ticket holder. After sitting in the Lower Cusack in the leagues and up to AI semi-final potentially, I could be anywhere at all for the final. So, I give the GAA €75 in advance for league and 1st championship game, continue to pay etc and for the final I could be stuck in corner of Upper Davin and some guy is sitting over in 305/306 for the final who hasn't attended all year and managed to buy a touted ticket/win a draw/get from a sponsor etc. You couldn't make this up. It was a simple scheme, pay upfront, get 60% attendance and perhaps qualify for a decent ticket. It is some way to record customer loyalty! They have a problem that there are too many season seats for the finals!! They sold the tickets, surely they were able to control the numbers sold.

http://www.gaa.ie/content/files/GAASeasonTicket2014_Terms&Conditions_1_1.pdf

VONSHIRACH wrote: »
    I only became aware of any rule changes and problems/issues from this thread. I think T&C 53 is pretty mean regarding seats that WILL NOT be located in the same section as previous games. It is very poor treatment for the season ticket holder. After sitting in the Lower Cusack in the leagues and up to AI semi-final potentially, I could be anywhere at all for the final. So, I give the GAA €75 in advance for league and 1st championship game, continue to pay etc and for the final I could be stuck in corner of Upper Davin and some guy is sitting over in 305/306 for the final who hasn't attended all year and managed to buy a touted ticket/win a draw/get from a sponsor etc. You couldn't make this up. It was a simple scheme, pay upfront, get 60% attendance and perhaps qualify for a decent ticket. It is some way to record customer loyalty! They have a problem that there are too many season seats for the finals!! They sold the tickets, surely they were able to control the numbers sold.

http://www.gaa.ie/content/files/GAASeasonTicket2014_Terms&Conditions_1_1.pdf

That's the thing, the only 2 counties to sell out the season ticket are Dublin and Mayo (although Dublin I think still had some Hill 16 tickets left?) They have potentially lost control over 7/8 thousand tickets for the final If Dublin & Mayo were to make the final?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

mayo.mick wrote: »
    That's the thing, the only 2 counties to sell out the season ticket are Dublin and Mayo (although Dublin I think still had some Hill 16 tickets left?) They have potentially lost control over 7/8 thousand tickets for the final If Dublin & Mayo were to make the final?

The solution was to sell less tickets. They had control over the number of season tickets to sell and they saw the explosion in popularity after 2011 and 2012. They sold no stand tickets for Dublin this year because of the high renewals. The Season Ticket allocation for the 2013 AI Final was 3,322 according to the Congress report. The thoughts that I, as a season ticket holder for 4 years now with easily 90%+ attendance over those four years combined, will end up in the nosebleeds while some sunshine supporter who knows a guy that knows a guy sits where I've sat those previous matches for every game is an absolute joke and in no way rewards me for the time, effort and money I've put into supporting my team and the GAA for several years.

The solution was to sell less tickets. They had control over the number of season tickets to sell and they saw the explosion in popularity after 2011 and 2012. They sold no stand tickets for Dublin this year because of the high renewals. The Season Ticket allocation for the 2013 AI Final was 3,322 according to the Congress report. The thoughts that I, as a season ticket holder for 4 years now with easily 90%+ attendance over those four years combined, will end up in the nosebleeds while some sunshine supporter who knows a guy that knows a guy sits where I've sat those previous matches for every game is an absolute joke and in no way rewards me for the time, effort and money I've put into supporting my team and the GAA for several years.

Ooh I Know, and agree with you. The season ticket has been seriously devalued over the last year or two, more so this year because of the reduction of pre bought tickets the week of a match, down to €10. The season ticket should have been reduced accordinly to maybe €60? for us renewals. But, that's another story for another debate!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

adrian522 wrote: »

Similar happened to us, we were rushed through at dublin v Westmeath and told scanner was grand, but it hadn't sounded correct.

Then the ticket office says it's our own fault and there were no reports of problems. (Ignoring the fact that you are reporting a problem)

It's like the ticket office people have never actually been to a ground outside of Croke park. They know well the systems at the grounds can often be farcical and saying the season ticket holder is now responsible for resolving things that they couldn't in 100 years seems unfair (to say the least).

Every single year at least one attendance doesn't get recorded correctly, so it's no new. Saying this year that they will just ignore that isn't on.

There is no doubt in my opinion that Dublin and Mayo doing well in last few years has meant they aren't as happy with the scheme in Croke Park as it has been of benefit to the largest number of season ticket holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

Anyone else who was at mayo dublin game last saturday showing up that they didn't attend?

kev-bt wrote: »
    Anyone else who was at mayo dublin game last saturday showing up that they didn't attend?

Looks ok here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Mine is fine also.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ours are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

"Please ensure that your card is scanned in order for your attendance to be recorded. (Attendance will not be amended at a later date)"

I can only imagine the reaction I'd get if I ask the attendant to hand over the scanner "to ensure" that my card is scanned correctly...

If they are going to act the ar$e in HQ, they are going to have to start issuing receipts. I've had issues previously - but every time I phoned the ticket office they were extremely helpful. And typically admitted that they were aware of the problem when I phoned.

kev-bt wrote: »

ours (Dublin) ok too. Which county are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I had to get the attendant to manually enter the Barcode for both myself & my daughter as our tickets would not scan, both of us are down as attended.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

celticbest wrote: »
    I had to get the attendant to manually enter the Barcode for both myself & my daughter as our tickets would not scan, both of us are down as attended.

Had you to check for the green light or did they spot it themselves?

yop wrote: »
    Had you to check for the green light or did they spot it themselves?

I always check to make sure, it flashed red & he tried it a few times then said go ahead without scanning it, I had to tell him it to enter it manually as it was a season ticket.

My wife had spilled some coffee on my tickets on the table at home, so I was expecting them not to scan properly. I would have reprinted them but I was bang out of printer paper! They scanned ok, but I checked online later to confirm. TBH, I thought my wife's beeped twice, but it was probably the other scanner beeping simultaneously in the stile. I couldn't see any light green or red flashing when I entered. I asked the attendant and he said yes scanned ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 markel

So are the seats we were assigned in Croke Park last weekend the same seats we will get for all other matches up to All Ireland Final?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

For anyone at McHale Park today for the Mayo Derry game, the attendance is already up (mine is anyways!), It usually took a day or two for the other games. I'm guessing after all the problems with the last 2 games they've improved things.

• Advertisement

markel wrote: »
    So are the seats we were assigned in Croke Park last weekend the same seats we will get for all other matches up to All Ireland Final?

No, unlikely you would ever be in same seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 markel

copacetic wrote: »
    No, unlikely you would ever be in same seats.

Tks, thought you were assigned seats for the season

For anyone at McHale Park today for the Mayo Derry game, the attendance is already up (mine is anyways!), It usually took a day or two for the other games. I'm guessing after all the problems with the last 2 games they've improved things.

Not up yet for the Tyrone v Dublin game...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Definitely wont be this week I'd imagine if it ends up being a double header in Croke Park because you would have four counties worth of season tickets instead of two.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Quick question guys as a Mayo Season Ticket Holder....I know it states somewhere on the GAA website that an away game to New York is not charged to your account, but is it excluded from the the 60% required to be entitled to an AI final ticket?...Just didn't see that anywhere, it wont bother me anyways but just wondering if I can keep my 100% up :)

jj72 wrote: »
    Quick question guys as a Mayo Season Ticket Holder....I know it states somewhere on the GAA website that an away game to New York is not charged to your account, but is it excluded from the the 60% required to be entitled to an AI final ticket?...Just didn't see that anywhere, it wont bother me anyways but just wondering if I can keep my 100% up :)

its not included in the 60% calculation. A bit hard to justify having a NYC away game in the calculation!

jj72 wrote: »

New York and London won't show on your attendance. They are however free to all season ticket holders. You will need to show your card at the stile and your name is marked off the list that they have, that's what happend me the last few times, both places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭statto25

Tks, thought you were assigned seats for the season

I have been moved to 310 with the Bring a Friend option. I was in 302 for the Dublin game.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

statto25 wrote: »
    I have been moved to 310 with the Bring a Friend option. I was in 302 for the Dublin game.

You could end up by coincidence in the same seat but they couldn't possibly assign anyone a seat for the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Hey has anyone had any difficulty accessing tickets for the semi finals this weekend? It says that there are no available tickets to print, either in my tickets or special purchases. Anyone else having trouble?

I've a Mayo season ticket.

Advertisement