Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Because I've always wanted to know my stove-lighting heartrate. Upside down.

Screen_Shot_2015_08_26_at_09_24_18.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Strova.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Lumen wrote: »
    Because I've always wanted to know my stove-lighting heartrate. Upside down.

What makes you think it's upside down? His heart rate is 601. Shouldn't have stopped to eat those foxgloves.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Sram wireless shifting launched. Roll on wireless braking.

That is a good idea, because this:

Screen_Shot_2015_08_26_at_11_32_20.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Feature-wise I think it's really neat and, if all works as it should, it ought be labour saving in terms of installation and maintenance. If it works...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm still waiting for someone to invent wireless pedalling...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Another cyclist vs. motorist video!

Want

IMG_0144-132-576x384.jpg

Canyon launching own bike computer. Runs Android. Can install apps on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Canyon launching own bike computer. Runs Android. Can install apps on it.

About time really. Android bike computers should be everywhere in 3 years. They should wipe the floor with garmins for value and functionality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Tenzor07 wrote: »

Have to say there's a certain cruel truth to this. Some of the helmet cam footage on YouTube is pretty bratty and pretty pratty.

Have to say there's a certain cruel truth to this. Some of the helmet cam footage on YouTube is pretty bratty and pretty pratty.
    The dogged pursuit was very funny. Punchline undermined it a bit. Rather reminiscent of the Pythons' milkman sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

was on way home yesterday.. heading up dame st and a car cut me off. hit the brakes and skid a bit.. all undercontrol.. my front tyre hit his back tyre but we were both going pretty slow..

A fellow cyclist pulled up beside me and said "what a **ckhead" while shaking his head in disgust.

Same cyclist proceeded to fly through the pedestrian lights while they were red as a woman was trying to cross the road..

I couldn't stop laughing.

Never considered that you could do this with water outside the glass rather than inside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You need to do the dishes more often and find yourself suitably bored in the process so you piss about and discover these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Or drink more wine in the bath.

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Or drink more wine in the bath.
    Whilst stroking the top of your goblet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

shansey wrote: »
    was on way home yesterday.. heading up dame st and a car cut me off. hit the brakes and skid a bit.. all undercontrol.. my front tyre hit his back tyre but we were both going pretty slow..

A fellow cyclist pulled up beside me and said "what a **ckhead" while shaking his head in disgust.

Same cyclist proceeded to fly through the pedestrian lights while they were red as a woman was trying to cross the road..

I couldn't stop laughing.

Saw an outraged IFSC worker on his bike on Seville Place gesticulate wildly when a car did a U-turn about 200m ahead of him.

He then went and broke every red light we encountered before our paths diverged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Fian

Tenzor07 wrote: »

Enjoyed that. I clicked back in the video to re-watch the "punishment pass" before going on to watch the rest of it. I figured I must have missed something.......

Would have been improved if there were a few pedestrian crossings/red lights during the pursuit phase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I've never really cycled much as an adult, started driving 11 odd years ago and never really had the inclination. Today marked the arrival of my Scott Speedster 40, work has changed for me so cycling to work for the first time in my life is an option and that's what I intend to do. Anyway got the bike this evening and it just looked so damn good I had to go for a spin.
    Cycling through Dublin City Centre on a maiden spin is not for the faint hearted!

I've never really cycled much as an adult, started driving 11 odd years ago and never really had the inclination. Today marked the arrival of my Scott Speedster 40, work has changed for me so cycling to work for the first time in my life is an option and that's what I intend to do. Anyway got the bike this evening and it just looked so damn good I had to go for a spin.
    Cycling through Dublin City Centre on a maiden spin is not for the faint hearted!

It'll soon be second nature - welcome to the wheel world!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Every time i watch it i keep hoping he looks up in time
    sht-happens-sometimes-32.gif?w=390

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Is that Froomey on his way to work?

I actually did that myself one time, thankfully at a far slower speed and didn't damage the car :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

It'll soon be second nature - welcome to the wheel world!

Tbh it was grand, traffic and lunatics are second nature but jaysis me hole

Tbh it was grand, traffic and lunatics are second nature but jaysis me hole

You will soon have a callused hole like a jockey's.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

About time really. Android bike computers should be everywhere in 3 years. They should wipe the floor with garmins for value and functionality.

everything except battery life .

everything except battery life .

Once you put it in the form of a bike computer - something that's off for minimum 75% of every day, something with the screen dimmed for 99% of the day, no camera, no need for massive memory, it should have pretty great battery life even if you make the screen twice as big as the top of the range garmin.

Once you put it in the form of a bike computer - something that's off for minimum 75% of every day, something with the screen dimmed for 99% of the day, no camera, no need for massive memory, it should have pretty great battery life even if you make the screen twice as big as the top of the range garmin.

Battery demands would be much higher running a full OS like android. Boot times would also be much slower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

running a full OS like android

This will be the smartwatch version of Android, so with nicely optimized power consumption.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement