Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Fupping fuming with Cycling Ireland , club resurrected the limerick and munster hill climb TT last year.

We were allowed one day licenses for the limerick event earlier in the year and were told we would have them for the Munsters in September. Now we are after getting an email saying one day licenses are no longer available for provincial championships. Limited comp also not acceptable now.

This will greatly cut the numbers competing especially amongst the women , we had a good bit of interest in the women's and women's vet

Hill climbing is something that not all of us love but I think its important that these events take place, it's hard to run a loss making event and even harder when many of the mountain goats who no longer race so don't have a full comp license can now not enter without upgrading their license .

Rant over

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Ah crap, that's harsh. Is there no wiggle room at all? Especially seen as you're only getting notice of this so close to the date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I'm trying not to fall asleep in a plate of steak and chips in Paris. Just finished today 88 1/2 hours 1230km 10870m climbing. The maddest cycle I've ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I'm trying not to fall asleep in a plate of steak and chips in Paris. Just finished today 88 1/2 hours 1230km 10870m climbing. The maddest cycle I've ever done.
    At least no one here had to tell you about your madness!? Now go and get better.....Stunning cycle, some achievement. 6 W200's back to back, yeah done it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

shaka wrote: »
    Fupping fuming with Cycling Ireland , club resurrected the limerick and munster hill climb TT last year.

We were allowed one day licenses for the limerick event earlier in the year and were told we would have them for the Munsters in September. Now we are after getting an email saying one day licenses are no longer available for provincial championships. Limited comp also not acceptable now.

This will greatly cut the numbers competing especially amongst the women , we had a good bit of interest in the women's and women's vet

Hill climbing is something that not all of us love but I think its important that these events take place, it's hard to run a loss making event and even harder when many of the mountain goats who no longer race so don't have a full comp license can now not enter without upgrading their license .

Rant over

One day licences were not designed or ever allowed for championships AFAIK

A solution would be to run a non championship event at the same time, little extra work and winners not eligible for title but everyone gets a time and placing.....

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    One day licences were not designed or ever allowed for championships AFAIK

A solution would be to run a non championship event at the same time, little extra work and winners not eligible for title but everyone gets a time and placing.....

I believe that would have had to have been previously advertised as an open championship , too late to do that. Commisaire not interested in that either.

They were allowed for Munster TT event .

gadetra wrote: »
    Ah crap, that's harsh. Is there no wiggle room at all? Especially seen as you're only getting notice of this so close to the date?

No wiggle room at all . I know it will rule out six + women coming up from Kerry alone mainly for the vets event, discouraging ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

shaka wrote: »
    No wiggle room at all . I know it will rule out six + women coming up from Kerry alone mainly for the vets event, discouraging ...

Ah that's a pity. And a huge pity you can't run an unaffiliated one at the same time. :(

ETA if all the infrastructure's in place (marshals, etc.) what's to stop you running an unofficial one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

What they ride in Poland, apparently; two-storey bikes

2379316414_05efe4a3bd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Opinion needed....
    Which is the nicer lid: Kask Vertigo 2.0 or Kask Mojito?
    I've made the decision to buy a Kask, but not sure which one I want :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

The Katusha Comedy-Clowncar Cycle Team continue their shenanigans.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-katusha-duo-left-out-of-vuelta-a-espaa-after-drunken-incident/

Suggestions for the next Katusha-related headline:
    • Katusha cyclist dropped from Tour of Albania startlist after Jeyes Fluid binge in Sochi.
    • Outrage as Katusha soigneur injured in drunken theft of Richie Porte's motorhome
    • Katusha stagaire hospitalised after choking on phial of EPO.
    • Katusha sanctioned by UCI as team DS caught streaking over finish line at Paris-Roubaix
    • Confusion as Katusha manager mistakenly attempts to bribe FIFA official to suppress allegations of souped-up rest-day omelettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Current smoothness level: when the wife saw my new kit and asked why she didn't recognise it , I shrugged "It's summer gear, doesn't get a lot of use"

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Subpopulus wrote: »
    The Katusha Comedy-Clowncar Cycle Team continue their shenanigans.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-katusha-duo-left-out-of-vuelta-a-espaa-after-drunken-incident/

Suggestions for the next Katusha-related headline:
    • Katusha cyclist dropped from Tour of Albania startlist after Jeyes Fluid binge in Sochi.
    • Outrage as Katusha soigneur injured in drunken theft of Richie Porte's motorhome
    • Katusha stagaire hospitalised after choking on phial of EPO.
    • Katusha sanctioned by UCI as team DS caught streaking over finish line at Paris-Roubaix
    • Confusion as Katusha manager mistakenly attempts to bribe FIFA official to suppress allegations of souped-up rest-day omelettes.

Katusha invade South Korea

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

What they ride in Poland, apparently; two-storey bikes
    This never gets old. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Lumen wrote: »
    This never gets old. :pac:

Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'm having trouble getting onto boards.ie today. When I try to access a post, I'm getting a notice, saying "Service unavailable" and something about 503
    If I keep trying, it eventually works, usually after 3 or 4 attempts. Is it just me, or is anybody else having trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is anybody else having trouble?
    I had similar trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I'm having trouble getting onto boards.ie today. When I try to access a post, I'm getting a notice, saying "Service unavailable" and something about 503
    If I keep trying, it eventually works, usually after 3 or 4 attempts. Is it just me, or is anybody else having trouble?

Happening all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Yup, same here, also logins from other devices don't work, some redirect loop issue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Not just you, something's a bit fecked on the site's end. Hopefully all fixed tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Shout out to Zyzz of this parish who had a bad crash in Wexford yesterday. Wrote off his bike. Get well soon dude!!

In good news, dragratchet won the sprint in the same race in awesome fashion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

daragh_ wrote: »
    Shout out to Zyzz of this parish who had a bad crash in Wexford yesterday. Wrote off his bike as. Get well soon dude!!

Ah Shíte. Get well soon man. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Shout out to Zyzz of this parish who had a bad crash in Wexford yesterday
    I look forward to an animated gif of the healing process. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Shout out to Zyzz of this parish who had a bad crash in Wexford yesterday. Wrote off his bike. Get well soon dude!!

Crashing at Zyzz speeds? :0

That poor bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I was coming in the Malahide road on Saturday and stopped at lights in the bike lane with a bus beside me. Some girl with L plates on a scooter in the bike lane attempted to squeeze between me and the bus. I wasn't impressed at all and I think the look I gave her scared her and she backed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Crashing at Zyzz speeds? :0

That poor bike

It was only 50km/h ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Zyzz wrote: »
    It was only 50km/h ;)

I heard the list of injuries this morning (there is no privacy left), surprised your able to type. Glad to hear your sort of OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

CramCycle wrote: »
    I heard the list of injuries this morning (there is no privacy left), surprised your able to type. Glad to hear your sort of OK.

One handed, very slowly. Took me about 1 minute to manoeuvre myself out of bed this morning :o

I'll use this time to perfect my mod CV :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Zyzz wrote: »
    One handed, very slowly. Took me about 1 minute to manoeuvre myself out of bed this morning :o

I'll use this time to perfect my mod CV :P

I thought you were joking re the karma comment! Bad news and sorry to hear it. Get well soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

[waiting for the full story, Beasty style]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement