Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

So today around lunchtime the 3 Network rejected me, and doesn't love me enough to take me back....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

cunavalos wrote: »
    Every time i watch it i keep hoping he looks up in time

I know a guy who done that exact thing, was crippled with whiplash for ages and his frame was compacted and bent.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

New De Rosa SuperKing. Yum.

IMG_0189-1-576x384.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

Where are the guards? Every time a cyclist breaks a red light then his bike should be taken off him and compacted into a cube and handed back. This should be the case until the problem isn't so systemic. Are cyclists in some way brain damaged in this regard? It's baffling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

mayway wrote: »
    Where are the guards? Every time a cyclist breaks a red light then his bike should be taken off him and compacted into a cube and handed back. This should be the case until the problem isn't so systemic. Are cyclists in some way brain damaged in this regard? It's baffling.

MOD VOICE:Thanks for the incredibly well thought out and researched post
    Please don't post in the cycling forum again
    Questions via PM only, do not respond in thread.

To everyone else, it goes without saying, do not respond to this post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Canyon launching own bike computer. Runs Android. Can install apps on it.

"IN PARTNERSHIP WITH SONY"
    Doesn't fill me with optimism,.
    This will be the smartwatch version of Android, so with nicely optimized power consumption.
    8-10 hrs of battery life claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Doesn't fill me with optimism
    Sony were doing stupidly expensive proprietary connectors before Apple made it cool. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Competition = good. Even more complexity = bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Doesn't fill me with optimism,.

I was given my first Sony smartphone as my company phone recently and I have to say I'm impressed with it, it's a nice bit of kit and even their own bloatware and software skins that come with it isn't too bad, much better than bloody Samsungs Touchwiz crap.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I see Astana are in this afternoon's draw for the UEFA Champions League. Let's see how Nibs can do against the really big boys ....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I really dont like that de rosa.

I forgive you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Gloss black, unless you're shining your boots for an army parade, looks awful.
    That shade of red belongs in zombie B movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I forgive you
    You didn't post it in Images Of Beauty because deep down you knew that it wasn't worthy.

I didn't post it in Images of Beauty because it isn't my bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Jesus I'm at my desk here and my hole is in a heap.

List of stuff to buy as a novice bikeist

-Padded Shorts
    -Decent Pump
    -Spare Tube(s)
    -Tyre Levers
    -something to put the above in

Anybody recommend a bricks and mortar place I'll get the above today/this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

Anybody recommend a bricks and mortar place I'll get the above today/this evening

Where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

-Padded Shorts
    -Decent Pump
    -Spare Tube(s)
    -Tyre Levers

Padded shorts - Lidl may have some left as they were in last Monday. I think they had multi tools and tyre levers in a set too.

The pump and tubes can be got in any bike shop. You'll need a pump with a gauge on it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

-Padded Shorts
    -Decent Pump
    -Spare Tube(s)
    -Tyre Levers

If your in Dundrum, Joe Daly will have them on the shelf, further down the road in either direction you have Fitzcycles in Stillorgan and ThinkBike in Rathmines.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mikes Bikes in Dun Laoghaire have a great range of stuff if you're out that way?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I didn't post it in Images of Beauty because it isn't my bike.
    Never stops Raam trawling the internet for entries .....

I'm in Sandyford so Dundrum on the way out will suit. Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

-Decent Pump
    -Spare Tube(s)
    -Tyre Levers
    I got marathon plus tyres and no longer needed to carry any repair kits, as I was so confident of getting no punctures. As you are seemingly commuting you might want to think about them. I was getting loads of punctures before that and turning up late.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Beasty wrote: »
    Never stops Raam trawling the internet for entries .....

:pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1374195&postcount=1
    uberwolf wrote: »
    Seeing as the after hours lads have been drooling over their own concepts of beauty thought occured that the cyclists could post images of their equipment. And of their dream bikes etc. happy viewing.

Padded shorts helped slightly on tonight's spin. Fairly uneventful 25kms. Taxi driver tried passed me with a hair of space in a cycle lane, he definitely got real close on purpose and had to roar at some pedestrians but I assume that's all pretty standard :)

Thanks for all the advice today btw guys, much appreciated

Self-driving cars and track stands: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2015/08/26/how-fixed-gear-bikes-can-confuse-googles-self-driving-cars/

"While a human driver can easily see a rider doing a track stand isn’t going anywhere, Google’s self-driving car seems to be still be figuring that out."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Ordered a few bits online. Jerseys, gels, Kryptonite lock. Order dispatched - time to put the credit card away for a while.

There's no O/T thread in C&T. Can anyone tell me where this junction is: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/dublin-city-council-to-activate-second-camera-at-luas-lights-1.2331304
    Dublin City Council to activate second camera at Luas lights

The council is now taking steps to connect a camera at the junction of Con Colbert Road and the South Circular Road.

No Luas tracks here: https://goo.gl/maps/OlwEN

Is it here? https://goo.gl/maps/J9zP9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

buffalo wrote: »
    Self-driving cars and track stands: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2015/08/26/how-fixed-gear-bikes-can-confuse-googles-self-driving-cars/

"While a human driver can easily see a rider doing a track stand isn’t going anywhere, Google’s self-driving car seems to be still be figuring that out."

I wouldn't like to be the on the team that has to program these cars.

IF (PEDESTRIAN==standing_on_pavement) AND (CHILD==On_road) AND (CAR==in_opposite_lane)
    Smash(???);
    ENDIF

I'm not sure what variable I would use in my Smash() function.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement