Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards cycle against cancer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Monday 28th October
    can somebody make a date. BCMF I propose you to fix a date and people can do it or not on that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Indeed...but they'd probably be asking about parking facilities at the start! :)

Park? In the wilds? Surely you jest. Team Bus will maintain a holding position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Cork24 wrote: »
    Since this Cycle is taken place in Dublin, Anyone from Munster Area like to Set up their own Cycle.

We could do half of the Ring of Kerry 100Km Start off by Molly's Gap ?

Cork24 a Munster route is a great idea, perhaps pick a starting point a bit more accessible than Killarney though to get a larger geographical spread.
    Pm me if you want to get this moving and I can make contact with a few clubs I know about the cork area. Most cork clubs have boardsies anyway so I reckon it who raise a few quid easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Hopefully I will be available on the date - happy to dust off passport if we are doing the NCD route :eek: Donation already made.

But on a serious note, Padraig's open messages are very humbling and feel it is the least I can do to support his worthwhile fundraising.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

How about the bank holiday Monday, nothing happening there, I'd imagine?
    ...........except the Dublin City Marathon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Cork24 a Munster route is a great idea, perhaps pick a starting point a bit more accessible than Killarney though to get a larger geographical spread.
    Pm me if you want to get this moving and I can make contact with a few clubs I know about the cork area. Most cork clubs have boardsies anyway so I reckon it who raise a few quid easy enough.

Don't the TdM guys do an Xmas spin for Marymount every year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Monday 28th October
    morana wrote: »
    can somebody make a date. BCMF I propose you to fix a date and people can do it or not on that date.
    Sunday Oct 20th.
    Co-incdentally there is a leisure tour in aid of donegal hospice on in.... well....errrrr...Donegal
    Doesnt seem to be a mud race on that day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

bcmf wrote: »
    I would prefer to take them on a tour of the real North County Pave. Put them back in their box then.:D

Pfft, us culchies to put ye all back in yer boxes.
    ...........except the Dublin City Marathon!

Exactly, nothing much going on except a bunch of peeps prancing around in baggy GAA shorts.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Monday 28th October
    Pfft, us culchies to put ye all back in yer boxes.

Dont forget you have the dubious distinction of being the worst climber on Boards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Dont forget you have the dubious distinction of being the worst climber on Boards.

Round II, ding-ding.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Monday 28th October
    There's some great donations just after coming onto the mycharity page. Amazing stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

I am in and I will do my best to get more people to donate to your page. I shed a tear reading your post above and I am very guilty of not going to the doc to get diagnosed with anything I go around thinking I have the worst case scenario but afraid to go get checked crazy I know but that is the way I have been all my life but your post has made me decide to go get a full health check thank you and God bless

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Monday 28th October
    Date in the original post is the 27th of October, barring some unforeseen clash with other events, I say go with this one. Gives everyone time to free themselves up and make plans without getting into winter territory.

Any reason this date doesn't work, barring any major objection or better suggestion, we nail it down by the end of the day today.

Monday 28th October
    CramCycle wrote: »
    Date in the original post is the 27th of October, barring some unforeseen clash with other events, I say go with this one. Gives everyone time to free themselves up and make plans without getting into winter territory.

Any reason this date doesn't work, barring any major objection or better suggestion, we nail it down by the end of the day today.

27th clashes with the Kevin King Memorial spin in Drogheda.

Monday 28th October
    27th clashes with the Kevin King Memorial spin in Drogheda.

I will put up a poll later with 3 options, 27th and the 28th are the two that have been touted so far as I can see. Can anyone give a third realistic option to throw in. It must be far enough away to give a chance for people to make plans for it but not so far away as to be hitting winter territory which pretty much leaves the 19th/20th but that will be cutting it tight for many to make plans to get away.

Let me know and I will throw up a poll in the afternoon.

Monday 28th October
    Well 28th is bank holiday so with I would imagine most people are off (except me).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Just throwing this idea out there, could we also include the boards.ie charity, SSF (Santa Strike Force) that deVore organizes ?

Monday 28th October
    Just throwing this idea out there, could we also include the boards.ie charity, SSF (Santa Strike Force) that deVore organizes ?
    I think we will leave that out, when you start splitting things like this up you it can get messy, the focus of this ride is to raise money for LPBs designated charities and we should it keep it that way IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Monday 28th October
    CramCycle wrote: »
    I think we will leave that out, when you start splitting things like this up you it can get messy, the focus of this ride is to raise money for LPBs designated charities and we should it keep it that way IMO.

Would have to agree with this, best to keep it separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Daithi101

I am not a boardsie so I dont have the boards.ie gear and tbh I would rather donate my money to LBP's charity page then go out and have to buy something in pink. Would a pink armband surfice for this spin, I would love to take part. Either way I will be donating. Keep up the good fight Padraig.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Daithi101 wrote: »
    I am not a boardsie so I dont have the boards.ie gear and tbh I would rather donate my money to LBP's charity page then go out and have to buy something in pink. Would a pink armband surfice for this spin, I would love to take part. Either way I will be donating. Keep up the good fight Padraig.

You can leave a gap between the bottom of your shorts and the top of the leg warmers, that'll get pink quick enough in the cold ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

The whole wearing Pink thing is just for a laugh. Come as you are I reckon!

RobFowl wrote: »
    You can leave a gap between the bottom of your shorts and the top of the leg warmers, that'll get pink quick enough in the cold ;)

Once it's not in the minus figures, I'll be in shorts......... No leg warmers for me.........:cool:

And the pink isn't such a bad idea, it would encourage people to ask why we are doing the cycle.

Monday 28th October
    Once it's not in the minus figures, I'll be in shorts......... No leg warmers for me.........:cool:

And the pink isn't such a bad idea, it would encourage people to ask why we are doing the cycle.

I demand you wear pink knee warmers.
    Pink is molto eurissimo.
    Knee warmers are eurissimo

I demand you wear pink knee warmers.
    Pink is molto eurissimo.
    Knee warmers are eurissimo

There goes any productivity for me in work today... I am now going to HAVE to look at ALL the cycling websites online to try and find pink kneewarmers...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Monday 28th October
    Sunday Oct 20th.
    Co-incdentally there is a leisure tour in aid of donegal hospice on in.... well....errrrr...Donegal
    Doesnt seem to be a mud race on that day.

cx race on in bray iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Monday 28th October
    Anyone Like to do a Spin In Cork

Cork Opera house - Mallow - Kanturk - Cork Opera house total distance 70km

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Monday 28th October
    There goes any productivity for me in work today... I am now going to HAVE to look at ALL the cycling websites online to try and find pink kneewarmers...:D

What I'll look like if I can attend
    2imf.jpg

What you could get from wiggle

uv3p.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Well done guys. Just about to roll over €1000. Keep it up:).
    I reckon Padraig will be waving bye bye to his original target soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Hello.

What can we do to help? We've just sent out a tweet about this thread. I reckon we can find a slot for you on the home page Announcements too.

What else can we do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement