Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards cycle against cancer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

Dav wrote: »
    Hello.

What can we do to help? We've just sent out a tweet about this thread. I reckon we can find a slot for you on the home page Announcements too.

What else can we do?

Sponsor those pink leg warmers?:D

I don't think I'm going to be around to do the cycle but will be visiting the mycharity page very soon, great idea and well done to the organisers and best of luck to LPB.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Any country folk coming to Dublin for this who need a place to stay, I have a double room someone is welcome to have. North Strand area.
    Could probably organise a lift for the cyclist and bike to Dundrum if needed.
    PM if interested - must like (or promise not to kill) yappy dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Monday 28th October
    Seeing as this is more than likely going to end up being the Dundrum-Wicklow-Dundrum spin, do northsiders want to arrange a meetup point this side of the liffey? It's only a short spin from say the Phoenix Park to Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Well I''ll meet you anyway, I'm right beside the park. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

Monday 28th October
    funkyjebus wrote: »
    Well I''ll meet you anyway, I'm right beside the park. Anyone else?

Well If i'm doing it i'll tag along with Tyrrell... What day is it on actually like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

€1,141.00 getting there as Geldof said just give us the fu***ng money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Monday 28th October
    If its on the Sunday then I will park down at my dads (right beside the cabra gate of the park) and meet up with yis.
    I

Monday 28th October
    Grand so, the Infirmary Road entrance suit everyone then? We can figure out a route over to Dundrum from there then, it'll avoid a bunch of cyclists in pink going through town....

Monday 28th October
    I think its safe to say that the poll is reflecting a biased towards Wicklow.
    I think I will close the poll and let one the others organise one for the date bearing in mind that if its the Sun then it will clash with Drogheda Wheelers spin in the country and if its the Mon then I cant make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

Monday 28th October
    I'm in. Looking forward to it. My family has been touched by this illness. 2 worthy charities.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Monday 28th October
    Poll closed as bcmf requested :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Monday 28th October
    Poll now changed to a date poll, either 27th or 28th of October

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Cork24 wrote: »
    Anyone Like to do a Spin In Cork

Cork Opera house - Mallow - Kanturk - Cork Opera house total distance 70km

Pm sent

Monday 28th October
    Have we confirmed a route then bcmf? Are we including the gap or going with the one daragh_ suggested earlier on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Seeing as this is more than likely going to end up being the Dundrum-Wicklow-Dundrum spin, do northsiders want to arrange a meetup point this side of the liffey? It's only a short spin from say the Phoenix Park to Dundrum.

Might suit those travelling park up in the Phoenix park and ride out. Hardly possible if it's on the 28th though with the Marathon on. On the 27th if I'm by myself it's what I'll do but with the family I'll abandon them in Dundrum town centre.
    CramCycle wrote: »
    Poll now changed to a date poll, either 27th or 28th of October

Rigged Election! Says I've already voted in the poll.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Monday 28th October
    Ryath wrote: »
    Rigged Election! Says I've already voted in the poll.
    I tried to be smart and just edit the existing poll and have now locked out anyone who previously posted. If you have voted previously, PM me your choice and I shall add your vote on.

Monday 28th October
    Can't see the results of the new poll either if you've voted. Might be a good idea to just delete the poll and try adding a new one, otherwise the 60 people or so who already voted will have to do it.

Monday 28th October
    _Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Have we confirmed a route then bcmf? Are we including the gap or going with the one daragh_ suggested earlier on?

Oh its daragh_'s baby now....:P

Monday 28th October
    bcmf wrote: »

Looking for ways out already? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭red man walking

Monday 28th October
    just wondering if anyone would have an idea of what distance it would be from the park and back, concerned I would not last the distance as I haven't done a lot lately

• Advertisement

Monday 28th October
    just wondering if anyone would have an idea of what distance it would be from the park and back, concerned I would not last the distance as I haven't done a lot lately

It's about 13km from the park to Dundrum. So if the route was about 40km as was mentioned, you're talking roughly 70km from the park and back.

I have a feeling it'll be at a leisurely pace though. If you're concerned about the distance, maybe try and find a way to get a lift straight out to Dundrum and do it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭red man walking

Monday 28th October
    sorry, I missed the earlier post with the 40k on it, I guess I'll give it a go if it happens to be on the 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Cork24 wrote: »
    Anyone Like to do a Spin In Cork

Cork Opera house - Mallow - Kanturk - Cork Opera house total distance 70km

I'd be up for that, although the main road to Mallow is crushingly dull - perhaps you meant using smaller roads?

Made my donation. And I'm taking this as a kick to do so more often (and not be so preoccupied with new wheels etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Might start a sister thread for Cork tomorrow with some suggested rwgps routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Any fellow North County Gents fancy spinning over to the Park then on to Dundrum. I'll be leaving from Balrothery or possibly Swords depending on how lazy I feel.

Just realised its my mates birthday the day before, so screw this and I'll see you in the park.

Monday 28th October
    If anyone's looking for a Boards jersey to wear to the spin, I've stuck up mine from the latest order for auction in aid of the charity fund here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Monday 28th October
    Damn. No way I will be able to take another day off from family duties after the Dying Light and I'm at work on Monday........ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Monday 28th October
    unfortunately I wont be able to make the 27th or the 28th which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

bcmf wrote: »

Well that escalated quickly!

How about this?

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=619341

47k. Opt out point at Glencree (where it's all downhill to Enniskerry).

The bit up by Powerscourt Waterfall will be familiar to anyone who has done the Wicklow 200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

daragh_ wrote: »
    Well that escalated quickly!

How about this?

Looks good to me anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement