Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FS Boardman Hybrid Pro 2011 - Proceeds to Charity

Options
  • 02-12-2013 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Boardman Hybrid Prp 2011 Size S (size gauge I'm 5ft 7ins) Bought Summer 2011, used for a year until Summer 2012. The new price was €1,200 (bike only), but I'm looking for €550 but feel free to make an offer.

Spec:
    Fork: Ultralight full carbon, tapered steerer
    Frame: Superlight aluminium alloy triple butted, tapered steerer, BB30
    Brakes: Avid Elixir 5 Hydraulic Disc
    Cassette: Shimano CS5700
    Chain: KMC X10
    Cranks: FSA Energy Compact BB30 50x34T
    Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30
    Shifters: SRAM Double Tap 10 speed
    Rear Derailleur: SRAM Rival
    Front Derailleur: SRAM Rival Microshift
    Hubs: Formula Disc
    Rims: Ritchey Pro Disc
    Handlebar: cboardman
    Stem: cboardman Pro
    Saddle: cboardman
    Tyres: Panracer Ribmo

Hydraulic brakes have been serviced and new pads fitted but bike was never used since

Includes the following extras
    Topeak DX Rack
    Topeak DX Trunk Bag slots in to groove on rack
    Cane Creek Ergo Bar Ends

Ideally payment will be made via my fundraising page

If you want a good hybrid for commuting and to save your 'bike to work' for a road bike, then you should seriously consider this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Shame the frame is a small, nice bike. What colour is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Shame the frame is a small, nice bike. What colour is it?

Black

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Hell of a deal, pity its too small for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

CramCycle liked the bike so much that he has generously agreed to take over managing the sale on my behalf! From now on he will answer any questions and will make any decision regarding the price and the sale will be be added to the fundraising page

As the weeks creep on and my condition continues to worsen, albeit slowly so far, this is very generous of CramCycle and I am extremely grateful to him for assuming the responsibility for this on my behalf.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

CramCycle liked the bike so much that he has generously agreed to take over managing the sale on my behalf! From now on he will answer any questions and will make any decision regarding the price and the sale will be be added to the fundraising page

As the weeks creep on and my condition continues to worsen, albeit slowly so far, this is very generous of CramCycle and I am extremely grateful to him for assuming the responsibility for this on my behalf.

Keep the head up and fight the good fight.
    You have and continue to inspire many of us..

• Advertisement

CramCycle liked the bike so much that he has generously agreed to take over managing the sale on my behalf!

I really am gutted it is not slightly bigger. As LPB has said though, I will handle the sale from now on, I am based in south Dublin so if anyone wants to swing by for a gander let me know, I am also happy to deliver to anywhere within a half hour drive or anywhere along the N11 as far as Rosslare as I visit that part of the country often, or anywhere along the N4 old road as I pop down to Longford once every 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

If anyone from along the M11/M9 corridor buys this bike, and needs delivery, I will deliver it FoC asap. So anyone in Waterford. east Cork, Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Wicklow, eastern Kildare etc. feel free to bid and it will be delivered.

While it is unfortunately too late for Padhraig to see this sold, it looks like we have a buyer for the Hybrid, so I am marking it as provisionally sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tjc28

if sale falls through contact me, I would be interested.

CramCycle wrote: »
    While it is unfortunately too late for Padhraig to see this sold, it looks like we have a buyer for the Hybrid, so I am marking it as provisionally sold.

Did the bike sell? I'm on the hunt for one in January so if you could let me know that's be great.
    On another note, I don't know Padhraig, what is the situation with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

tjc28 wrote: »
    On another note, I don't know Padhraig, what is the situation with him?

Padraig passed away.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057105229

TheBlaaMan wrote: »

Terrible sad news. My thoughts are with his family. I didn't know the man but reading through the posts on the above link he sounds like a very strong and brave individual. Is his charity page still active? I'd like to contribute.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

tjc28 wrote: »
    Terrible sad news. My thoughts are with his family. I didn't know the man but reading through the posts on the above link he sounds like a very strong and brave individual. Is his charity page still active? I'd like to contribute.

It sure is, donations still rolling in :)

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/padraig_oconaills_event/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Was this sold?

It was sold awhile ago and collected yesterday. I hope the new owner makes good use of it. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement