Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chromecast now available in Ireland via Amazon - see mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Pardon my ignorance, but what other benefits have this got, as i'm used to playing files off a memory stick on the mediaplayer on my Samsung TV.
    I've also got wifi on my bluray player, could i use that as an advantage?

Could the chromecast be handy for streaming football?

Thanks.

Thanks to clintondaly for posting this link in BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭corkie

No mention on that list of SB and Filmon which would be the two popular apps with Chromecast.

Thanks didn't know Filmon had chromecast support built in.

The list is constantly updated, so it will probably be added soon.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

No mention on that list of SB and Filmon which would be the two popular apps with Chromecast.

Flixtor isn't on that list either, that has Chromecast support on the premium version, still available on Playstore at this time.

I suppose because the app I don't name anymore needs another app like allcast or avia or the like to work with Chromecast, its not built in support. Shame they don't include that type of app, of which there are a few that work the same way though.

One other decent app, TV P****l has Chromecast support now, for about €1.50 ish. Hadn't used that app for a while but it looks a lot better than it used to and works ok for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Whats SB?

Does Filmon have iOS support with Chromecast?

TV Portal has chromecast support as well.

And if you follow the instructions on reddit (linked above), you can get the premium unlocker for free.

The premium version doesn't support chromecast, you need to purchase an additional plugin (€1.46). The in app link sends you to the premium unlocker and not the plugin at present.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Ooh, an excuse to use my chromecast tonight.

I'll try filmon and this tv portal one too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

I used to use Avia but it started cutting out every 10 minutes so now I use local cast and it's flawless. I'm also using Flixtor now instead of SB.

Does local cast work the same as Avia, as in you use it as the media player for SB?

Does the standard version have Chromecast support or do you need the pro version?

Avia has served me well, but it is quite buggy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Does local cast work the same as Avia, as in you use it as the media player for SB?

Does the standard version have Chromecast support or do you need the pro version?

Avia has served me well, but it is quite buggy
    Yes it works exactly the same only better and it's all free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Anyone know how to cast Showbox to the device.

YouTube and Netflix are showing the Chromecast no Prob, but Showbox is only showing my smart TV in the bedroom.

Using a note 3 and using the stock video player to cast. (works seamlessly with my Xbox btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Anyone know how to cast Showbox to the device.

YouTube and Netflix are showing the Chromecast no Prob, but Showbox is only showing my smart TV in the bedroom.

Using a note 3 and using the stock video player to cast. (works seamlessly with my Xbox btw)

Using allcast or avia will work instead of stock video player, not sure of any other way tbh.

• Advertisement

Anyone know how to cast XXXXXXX to the device.

YouTube and Netflix are showing the Chromecast no Prob, but XXXXXXX is only showing my smart TV in the bedroom.

The app we are not allowed to mention in this site, doesn't have chromecast support. You need to use an external video player that has support.

Such as allcast, avia or localcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Anyone know does spotify work with chromecast

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭npresto

Anyone know does spotify work with chromecast

Not at present but you could try Spoticast.

It works with Spotify Premium only.

http://lifehacker.com/spoticast-streams-your-spotify-music-to-your-chromecast-1572995738

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ACLFC7

Chromecast support is the most requested feature in the Spotify Ideas Community but the status is still "Not right Now". No idea why they don't want to add support.

purchased this today,pretty cool so far,got sb working but can't get film on working,the film on logo comes on screen but says on phone can't play this media source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Try some other channels, I get that message with some, not with others. Don't know what the criteria is for them to work with chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

just picked one up this evening ive seen a view apps to send media to tv.. just looking to see what general consensus is

avia, localhost or any other?

just picked one up this evening ive seen a view apps to send media to tv.. just looking to see what general consensus is

have just tried local cast so far

tried all the channels still on joy,when i open film on it does.n ask me to select a media player like it does with sb

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

tried all the channels still on joy,when i open film on it does.n ask me to select a media player like it does with sb

Apparently there is a few Filmon apps, some have Chromecast support some don't. Install a few others to see if they work.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Apparently there is a few Filmon apps, some have Chromecast support some don't. Install a few others to see if they work.

the one i have installed says chromecast and dlna now added

the one i have installed says chromecast and dlna now added

I'm using one called Filmon family live and it's working perfectly!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

corkie wrote: »
    The app we are not allowed to mention in this site, doesn't have chromecast support. You need to use an external video player that has support.

Such as allcast, avia or localcast.

Right.

I use stock. Video player to stream that app to my samsung smart TV in the bedroom, and to the Xbox in front room no bother.

I imagined it would be the app playing the video (in this case stock video player) that is responsible for streaming. That's why I find it odd it's not finding the Chromecast. (seeing as they're both native Android/Google products)

Am I Wrong?

Right.

I use stock. Video player to stream that app to my samsung smart TV in the bedroom, and to the Xbox in front room no bother.

I imagined it would be the app playing the video (in this case stock video player) that is responsible for streaming. That's why I find it odd it's not finding the Chromecast. (seeing as they're both native Android/Google products)

Am I Wrong?

You're probably using dnla to play it on the xbox. SB doesn't support Chromecast yet that's why you need Avia or Allcast to do it for you.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I'm using one called Filmon family live and it's working perfectly!

i.ve tried a few different one.s now,wondering if its my phone that's the problem,will try it out on the missus tablet tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I'm only a day ahead of you, but I'm pretty happy with Allcast for the price of a bottle of ale.

Spoticast is working a treat as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I've tried the three mentioned above, allcast, avia and local cast and local cast is streets ahead and I paid for the other two.

Something I have noticed on these.

If you opt to stream something to chromecast, if your telly is on standby it automatically turns the TV on, and switches to the relevant hd channel source also.

Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Something I have noticed on these.

If you opt to stream something to chromecast, if your telly is on standby it automatically turns the TV on, and switches to the relevant hd channel source also.

Impressive.

It's a cool function alright, it has to be supported by your TV, HDMI CEC

• Advertisement

Gryzor wrote: »
    It's a cool function alright, it has to be supported by your TV, HDMI CEC

Scared the bejaysus out of me yesterday morning though.

My small daughter, watching something on YouTube decided to stream something (hadn't a clue what she was doing lol) from my phone. ..

Cue me getting out of the shower at 7am wondering who the hell was downstairs in the sitting room. :eek:

For of my bedroom, She unwittingly streamed, turned tv on in living room which was at a pretty high volume from me watching Vikings the night before. :pac:

Advertisement