Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iparcel... the stupidest courier

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I have to assume that Amazon are paying them peanuts so they are intentionally passive aggressive in their deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Just to add to this thread.
    I ordered something from Amazon.co.uk on Wed & choose 2 day delivery.
    It was being carried by I parcel.
    My item arrived by Fastway here in South West Ireland on Friday morning at 11am.
    So the system does work sometimes.

Just experiencing myself the total incompetence from Fastway and iparcel.

Locally these guys have a reputation of not wanting to actually deliver the packages, but to leave them in depots wherever possible...

I really appreciate An Post now!

I wish there was a way to find out what courier will be used when buying online, so that i could avoid sellers that use guys like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

I have to say the drivers who deliver down our way in the South West are excellent.
    Only once have I ever had a problem in over ten years of deliveries.
    On that occasion the driver for a courier company I had never used before said he couldn't find my house when I had seen him passing the door on his way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Glad I heard of i-parcel before I had a negative experience with them! I use DPD for my deliveries personally, great company. Never once had a problem.

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »

Amazon had my phone number but the courier didn't call me.

I made Amazon do all the work so Fastway called me in the end.

This. And negative feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 spawinte

Why are Amazon suddenly using couriers like this for their free and standard delivery options? I've been ordering for years and free or standard always came with An Post. Just had to collect the slip and scoot over to the sorting office after work. Now I'm going to have to have everything sent to work where half the time other people open it without looking at the name.

SAKE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I really don't know how Amazon work out which carrier to use, maybe it depends on which warehouse ships the stuff?

Just had a very large item delivered (room air purifier) which was put inside and even larger box. It was sent via An Post and the postman reckoned it was the biggest box he'd ever delivered (free super saver and it only took 2 days from shipping but a day and a half to ship).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

spawinte wrote: »
    Why are Amazon suddenly using couriers like this for their free and standard delivery options? I've been ordering for years and free or standard always came with An Post. Just had to collect the slip and scoot over to the sorting office after work. Now I'm going to have to have everything sent to work where half the time other people open it without looking at the name.

SAKE!

$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

The last 2 orders from amazon.co.uk to my central Dublin, concierge assisted apartment building ("free" over-£25 delivery) have been "lost in transit" by... you guess who: i-parcel!
    Both times Amazon have fully refunded the order amount in matter of minutes so no complaints there... but, it's been 3 weeks and i still dont have my order! so Amazon has offered me a free upgrade to one-day delivery for my next order, hopefully it'll be another courier...
    Should i try calling Fastway to see if they have my parcel? Just trying to get my gopro gear before I leave for holidays... this is such a pain. Why change courier? An Post was doing such a good job... given the amounts of complaints and refunds they have to dish out I hope they change soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    ..... given the amounts of complaints and refunds they have to dish out I hope they change soon

This thread was started three years ago, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Amazon to drop Iparcel anytime soon, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Well feckit anyway, I ordered an item today with fast delivery as I need it on Friday. It's with iParcel and "Your shipment has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export".

Expecting the worst. Item is about €350 worth and reasonably delicate. If things go south, Amazon seem to be pretty good at sorting it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrsShilling

What a joke of a company! ordered an item with Amazon UK cut a long story short tracked package through i-parcel web site a message said unable to contact me, well we have answerphone on both land line and mobile so how could they not contact me?

The contact telephone number and email on there web site did not work so I contact Amazon customer services UK (at my cost) and low and behold they had exactly the same problem! so we agreed on a refund.

I have now reordered the item on E-bay have also sent an email to Amazon wonder if I will get a reply? not sure if I will order through Amazon again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I'm suffering the mysterious, 'Your shipment has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export' ..a wifi extender from the UK.

Amazon > IParcel > Fastway > ???

Do Amazon refund if a 2 day delivery goes beyond the promised date? I payed close to 8 euros for the pleasure of a prompt delivery.

Exchange rate Amazon is offering doesn't help either.

My last few deliveries were An Post, this IParcel lark is a new novelty for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Amalgam wrote: »
    I'm suffering the mysterious, 'Your shipment has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export' ..a wifi extender from the UK.

Amazon > IParcel > Fastway > ???

Do Amazon refund if a 2 day delivery goes beyond the promised date? I payed close to 8 euros for the pleasure of a prompt delivery.

Exchange rate Amazon is offering doesn't help either.

My last few deliveries were An Post, this IParcel lark is a new novelty for me.

iParcel are now part of UPS, and has improved a lot recently. Fastway still seem to do the deliveries, though.

whiterebel wrote: »
    iParcel are now part of UPS, and has improved a lot recently. Fastway still seem to do the deliveries, though.

Really, my last iParcel delivery was only this last Friday and it took 10 working days from dispatch thats crap.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Really, my last iParcel delivery was only this last Friday and it took 10 working days from dispatch thats crap.

They don't use the UPS express system, so it won't be delivered in a day or two.
    I meant better in that their tracking etc is much more reliable than it was. Still a slow service, usually within the delivery date stated by Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I just had the same experience with my recent order on Amazon, 12 working days by I-Parcel:

7th August - Order placed
    9th August - Dispatched (Rheinberg, DE), arrived at GRIMBERGEN
    19th August - Arrived and left Surrey
    22nd August - Arrived at Hawkes Bay Couriers (Hub)
    24th August - Parcel delivered

I've had packages from Hong Kong arrive quicker than that...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Robtyrrell

Reposting from a thread I posted..

Ordered a headset last Friday on Amazon, it was dispatched on the same day and this is the message I'm getting.

On Hold
    Fri. 26 Aug
    17:03 PM
    Your shipment has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export
    Surrey, GB
    Fri. 26 Aug
    Package details received electronically from Seller

Delivery should be 4 - 5 days but it says arriving 5th of Sept. so that's 10 days by Amazon's estimate. Anyone know why it's being held or how long it will actually take?

I also ordered a keyboard yesterday and it originally said arriving 5th Sept. but when it was dispatched it changed to arriving Wednesday but that's being delivered by An Post.

Robtyrrell wrote: »
    Reposting from a thread I posted..

Ordered a headset last Friday on Amazon, it was dispatched on the same day and this is the message I'm getting.

On Hold
    Fri. 26 Aug
    Your shipment has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export
    Surrey, GB
    Fri. 26 Aug
    Package details received electronically from Seller

Delivery should be 4 - 5 days but it says arriving 5th of Sept. so that's 10 days by Amazon's estimate. Anyone know why it's being held or how long it will actually take?

I also ordered a keyboard yesterday and it originally said arriving 5th Sept. but when it was dispatched it changed to arriving Wednesday but that's being delivered by An Post.

On hold for a day seems the standard when moving with iParcel. It may be that they get it back to the depot too late to ship put same day. If they say the 5th September, it will probably be on that date, taking weekends out of the equation. When they give delivery days, it is working days, not including weekends.

• Advertisement

I wonder if on hold is code for we are waiting to fill a container full before shipping it to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I wonder if on hold is code for we are waiting to fill a container full before shipping it to Ireland.

That is actually not at all unlikely.

Friday is usually the busy day for most transport companies for loading etc, then departing on Saturdays. iparcel though, don't come directly to ireland, for some reason they ship it to Grimbergen in Germany, then it ships to Ireland. It seems a mad system, but they obviously have their reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I forgot to mention above that the estimated delivery on my last order was the 17th August and arrived on the 24th. Indeed, Grimbergen in Germany was a hop in the tracking details and the next hop was Surrey (UK) 7 days later.

It's a pity Amazon does not provide a 'Leave seller feedback' for the products sold by Amazon as I'm sure any marketplace seller's feedback would not look pretty if they used a very slow courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Would it be normal, does anyone know, to go from Fife to Surrey, then 10 days later end up in Grimbergen?
    Order is already 5 days overdue

fritzelly wrote: »
    Would it be normal, does anyone know, to go from Fife to Surrey, then 10 days later end up in Grimbergen?
    Order is already 5 days overdue

I'm not convinced that anything goes to Grimbergen but if its that late then get a refund or resend from Amazon on Monday.

I'm not convinced that anything goes to Grimbergen but if its that late then get a refund or resend from Amazon on Monday.

Amazon are now telling me it should be delivered tomorrow (?) or Monday, have demanded a refund as 3 days ago even the courier company didn't know where it was then the next morning tracking was updated to Belgium. Seem to be a bit of a bunch of scammers

Is Amazon's express delivery OK to Ireland, I assume they use UPS or someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Nope, reordered and express delivery and it's still iParcel - gutted, should be here by Thursday but I don't have hope. If it gets to Friday I will be phoning them again if there is no update on the tracking.

The other order is still missing somewhere in Belgium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Is it location dependant as to which courier is delivering for iparcel?
    I'm waiting on a package from the USA bought via Amazon.com, I'm wondering will it be ups/anpost/fastway who deliver?

Advertisement