Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iparcel... the stupidest courier

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

....... wrote: »

I'm in exact same situation as you since Sunday ...

Upon successful customs clearance, your parcel will be given to Fastway Ireland who we use for local delivery to your address. Their tracking number is *********, you can link to it here.

Ive contacted Fastway to see if they had a number I could contact customs on and they don't. Any one have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Took about 5 working days for customs clearance, the last time they used iParcel from the US.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I had an amazon UK package with iparcel be stuck with that status for about 2 weeks. I hate seeing iparcel attached to my amazon order now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Honestly i-parcel is the biggest scam I've yet seen. Paid 5 euro extra for the quick shipping, never on time. Got one item almost 2 months later after it had been refunded and was tempted to just keep it for free instead of calling Amazon about it but I'm too nice of a person.

Better to just use regular shipping. They are a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Jlayay wrote: »
    Honestly i-parcel is the biggest scam I've yet seen. Paid 5 euro extra for the quick shipping, never on time. Got one item almost 2 months later after it had been refunded and was tempted to just keep it for free instead of calling Amazon about it but I'm too nice of a person.

Better to just use regular shipping. They are a joke.

Its never happened unfortunately but when Amazon have refunded me I have asked what do I do if the item ever arrives and they said keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Current iParcel consignment:
    Sep 21, 2017
    06:30 am
    Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destinationi-parcel
    Sep 20, 2017
    11:30 pm
    In transiti-parcel
    PHILADELPHIA, US
    Sep 20, 2017
    10:00 pm
    In transiti-parcel
    EDISON, US
    Sep 20, 2017
    07:24 pm
    In transiti-parcel
    EDISON, US
    Sep 20, 2017
    04:00 pm
    Upon successful customs clearance, your parcel will be given to UPS who we use for local delivery to your address. Their tracking number is XXXXXXXXXX, you can link to it here.i-parcel
    Sep 20, 2017
    04:00 pm
    Arrived at destination and will be entered into the delivery stream after successful clearancei-parcel
    Sep 20, 2017
    08:39 am
    Received at i-Parceli-parcel
    Edison, US
    Sep 19, 2017
    12:23 pm
    Package details received electronically from Selleri-parcel

And UPS
    Sep 21, 2017
    08:30 pm
    Arrival Scanups
    Stansted, GB
    Sep 21, 2017
    08:38 am
    Departure Scanups
    Newark, NJ, US
    Sep 21, 2017
    07:28 am
    Arrival Scanups
    Newark, NJ, US
    Sep 21, 2017
    04:06 am
    Departure Scanups
    Philadelphia, PA, US
    Sep 20, 2017
    11:30 pm
    Arrival Scanups
    Philadelphia, PA, US
    Sep 20, 2017
    10:00 pm
    Departure Scanups
    Edison, NJ, US
    Sep 20, 2017
    07:24 pm
    Origin Scanups
    Edison, NJ, US
    Sep 20, 2017
    08:39 am
    Order Processed: Ready for UPSups
    US

UPS are one of the best options going so I won the lottery this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Hi,

Has anyone got a contact number for ups I parcel?
    I keep getting missed delivery notices for times like 5am.

I'm waiting on the delivery for 10 days now, what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Neilw wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone got a contact number for ups I parcel?
    I keep getting missed delivery notices for times like 5am.

I'm waiting on the delivery for 10 days now, what a joke.

The best way to contact them is through email: customer.service@i-parcel.com

They usually reply within several hours. Calling them is like trying to dial into the black hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

They have got rather slow again. I thought waiting two weeks was long enough for my last order until a work colleague shared his experience.

He ordered a book on the 29th September and Amazon dispatched it by i-parcel a few days later. On the 24th October he checked the tracking status and the last update was the 11th October still in the UK, so he got Amazon to resend it. He received the package today (27th October). At first he thought it was the resent package until he saw the Custom Declaration dated the 5th October.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭bb12

ordered from amazon.com on oct 30th...tracked package and i-parcel was used...arrived in ireland on nov 2nd and has been sitting "in customs" since then...was supposed to be delivered today-nov 14th at the latest but now amazon have just pushed delivery date out until nov 22! and i paid extra to have this delivered on time...

i-parcel are useless, just useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

First time in a while I've ordered from Amazon and have the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with these Fastway/iParcel buffoons.

08.30 this morning - parcel marked as "Delivery attempted. Please contact UPS i-parcel at trackmyparcel@i-parcel.com" - of course, no such attempt was made.

I checked the fastway tracking and lo and behold they've misdirected it - "Unfortunately, your parcel was misdirected when sent from our pickup depot and is not out for delivery with the local courier".

Twats. Fastway is a franchise courier service, so any old twat can set one up. Extremely unprofessional. What the hell was wrong with An Post??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Elessar wrote: »
    First time in a while I've ordered from Amazon and have the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with these Fastway/iParcel buffoons.

08.30 this morning - parcel marked as "Delivery attempted. Please contact UPS i-parcel at trackmyparcel@i-parcel.com" - of course, no such attempt was made.

I checked the fastway tracking and lo and behold they've misdirected it - "Unfortunately, your parcel was misdirected when sent from our pickup depot and is not out for delivery with the local courier".

Twats. Fastway is a franchise courier service, so any old twat can set one up. Extremely unprofessional. What the hell was wrong with An Post??

People want cheaper and faster deliveries, but don't want to pay, so its a race to the bottom for couriers like Fastway and Nightline. I saw a post yesterday where someone was looking at a minimum rate from the UK of about €6.50 think about it for a minute -
    Van to pick it up.
    Offload it to warehouse.
    Load it on export vehicle
    Drive across to Ireland using a ferry.
    Offload in warehouse
    Load on delivery van if local in Dublin, otherwise load on trunker down to Cork/Limerick/Waterford/Galway/Sligo depot.
    Load on delivery vehicle.

I don't for a minute condone poor/dishonest delivery attempts, but when you look at what some of these places pay, and the amount of deliveries you would need to do to earn a wage, you can see why drivers might take short cuts.

Totally agree with you whiterebel but the issue is the feedback loop isnt complete.

I can order the same item on Amazon a week apart and one will come with AP Courier Post (Mostly great) and the next will come with Fastfail and be lost in a lads house for three weeks. Both will say "Standard Delivery".

Would love to see regulation saying listings must include the carrier and their partner carrier if applicable. Then items shipping with the chancers won't sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

For big retailers for sure, small guys may only do one bulk deal with a single carrier to reach volume rates. Remember lots of Amazon marketplace stuff is fulfilled by small one man shops etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Thanks for the reminder about Fastway/iparcel. I think I'll amend my Amazon address to include a final line *do not deliver via Fastway*. If we all did the same vendors might get the message.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder about Fastway/iparcel. I think I'll amend my Amazon address to include a final line *do not deliver via Fastway*. If we all did the same vendors might get the message.

But fastway have nothing do do with Amazon they are contracted by iparcel.

Next week iparcel "could" contract someone different for the last leg of the delivery.

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    But fastway have nothing do do with Amazon they are contracted by iparcel.

Next week iparcel "could" contract someone different for the last leg of the delivery.

Okay, so. Amended the amendment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dmcm_90

Got a delivery notification from them. Delivery was made but no one was home and tracking doesn't say where it was. Came home a package was left out side on the window. Anyone could have taken it or it could have rained. Worst service iv seen in all the years ordering from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ariana Grande

I placed an order on 27/11
    Dispatched by amazon 30/11(From Piacenza)
    Arrived in Grimbergen 02/12 and hasn't moved since.

Not even Belgians want to stay in Belgium that long. I complained to iParcel who said they never received the package. I complained to Amazon who said that the package is with iParcel and they're going to complain on my behalf. Xmas is only around the corner, it's not like I left it late either. UPS must stand for Unusually Poor Service considering DHL delivered from Piacenza in 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

dmcm_90 wrote: »
    Got a delivery notification from them. Delivery was made but no one was home and tracking doesn't say where it was. Came home a package was left out side on the window. Anyone could have taken it or it could have rained. Worst service iv seen in all the years ordering from Amazon
    An post don't get a signature for Amazon deliveries.As a consequence,my package was just dropped in my porch,and promptly stolen within the next 9 minutes.

vandriver wrote: »
    An post don't get a signature for Amazon deliveries.As a consequence,my package was just dropped in my porch,and promptly stolen within the next 9 minutes.

:eek: Sounds like Parcel Motel should be your go-to? Not ideal, I know, but with free UK delivery for heaps of stuff or delivery charges way below the ROI amount I live with the slight delay and occasional tearing of my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭huberto

Amazon package via i-parcel arrived today - left outside the front door in the rain.
    No ring on the doorbell or knock on the door. Wife and I both at home, fortunately she heard the gate close as the guy scarpered and checked outside.

Item is electronic so a soaking wouldn't have been good for it.

Amazon have always sent stuff via An Post up to now, which has always been fine. Wouldn't want any more deliveries from i-parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

huberto wrote: »
    Amazon package via i-parcel arrived today - left outside the front door in the rain.
    No ring on the doorbell or knock on the door. Wife and I both at home, fortunately she heard the gate close as the guy scarpered and checked outside.

Item is electronic so a soaking wouldn't have been good for it.

Amazon have always sent stuff via An Post up to now, which has always been fine. Wouldn't want any more deliveries from i-parcel.

Amazon still sends stuff by An Post. It depends who you buy it from. If the seller is Amazon, then it's An Post, if it's a third party then they use i-parcel.

The thing is, actually we are blaming the wrong courier. I-parcel delivers it to a point, but after that it's Fastway that takes over.

So it's Fastway that fails to delivery over and over, not I-parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lmc106

CyberGhost wrote: »
    So it's Fastway that fails to delivery over and over, not I-parcel.

Totally agree- I sold something to someone who used Fastway as a courier service and the driver was one of the rudest humans I’ve come into contact with. I’ve complained directly to Fastway and never received a response as well.

Fastway is franchise operation, so trying to track down someone who will care is going to be a problem. Keep hammering away at the people that send the parcels is the only way.

• Advertisement

Last Fastway delivery I had here (iparcel) was a new guy I'd never seen before just driving a private car. He must have been very new to the job as he actually called to the door an asked for a signature.

Advertisement