Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iparcel... the stupidest courier

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I ordered some clothing from the US (not Amazon) on Feb 24th. Tracking is as follows:
    Fri. 24 Feb 14:43 PM Package details received electronically from Seller Edison, US

Mon. 27 Feb 13:21 PM Received at i-Parcel Indianapolis, US

Fri. 3 Mar 23:40 PM Exported i-Parcel and in transit to country of destination

Sun. 5 Mar 8:28 AM Arrived at destination and will be entered into the delivery stream after successful clearance

Upon successful customs clearance, your parcel will be given to Fastway Ireland who we use for local delivery to your address. Their tracking number is ************, you can link to it here.

Fri. 10 Mar 18:55 PM Your package has been delayed due to external factors beyond our control. We are adjusting delivery plans as quickly as possible

By Thursday there was no sign of it on the Fastway site. I rang them and they definitely don't have it. Rang UPS Ireland as my last delivery from the company was actually delivered by them via Nightline and they don't have it either. Rang customs in Dublin, who suggested I ring customs in Portlaoise. They told me they don't deal with it as it isn't coming via An Post and to contact the courier directly.

Sent an email to i-Parcel yesterday morning and haven't received a reply. Last night the 'Your package has been delayed due to external factors beyond our control' message appeared on the tracking page.

Has anyone encountered this before and is my parcel likely to turn up? It turns out that my payment for the goods went directly to i-Parcel rather than the company so I'm not sure what the story is with requesting a replacement if the parcel is lost. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

sunbeam wrote: »
    I ordered some clothing from the US (not Amazon) on Feb 24th. Tracking is as follows:

By Thursday there was no sign of it on the Fastway site. I rang them and they definitely don't have it. Rang UPS Ireland as my last delivery from the company was actually delivered by them via Nightline and they don't have it either. Rang customs in Dublin, who suggested I ring customs in Portlaoise. They told me they don't deal with it as it isn't coming via An Post and to contact the courier directly.

Sent an email to i-Parcel yesterday morning and haven't received a reply. Last night the 'Your package has been delayed due to external factors beyond our control' message appeared on the tracking page.

Has anyone encountered this before and is my parcel likely to turn up? It turns out that my payment for the goods went directly to i-Parcel rather than the company so I'm not sure what the story is with requesting a replacement if the parcel is lost. :confused:

Get on to Amazon (try the Chat it gets results for me) and let them sort it. Even if you are mad keen and desperate to get your stuff dealing with Amazon is in my experience faster than chasing couriers.

Amazon always refund or replace lost items.

It's not Amazon unfortunately, but if nothing happens in the next few days I'll try getting back onto the company. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

editorsean wrote: »

It's like UPS means the Unreliable Parcel Service . . .
    I thought it was phonetic for "Oops!"

My parcel was finally delivered today. Didn't get a reply from i-parcel to my email.

• Advertisement

sunbeam wrote: »
    My parcel was finally delivered today. Didn't get a reply from i-parcel to my email.

Did you have to sign for it? I've never yet signed for anything from iparcel. The Fastway guy just drops it at the gate and drives off.

I didn't have to sign for it. Our Fastway guy is pretty sound. He called in advance and dropped it at a local shop as I was on the way to town, but usually comes to the door if I'm in.

He is the only courier that comes in the morning-all the others arrive after lunch to late evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Got my parcel also except it was dropped to the wrong house, about 5 doors down.

I don't understand how, not many houses and the numbers in my area are all clearly marked.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

With my last order, Amazon displayed a clear notice saying that I must sign for the delivery due to its value. As usual, it went out by I-Parcel.

When Fastway came, I asked the driver about the signature and he said that this parcel does not require one.

My replacement CPC order was despatched by UPS again and arrived by Duffy Express. The box was a little squashed on one side, but at least had all the parts that were lost in the previous delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

ED E wrote: »
    That being said its normal enough for Amazon to create the waybill/shipping label before your items have actually been picked/boxed. Amazon often only use the courier for the last leg so items will be sent from different warehouses to the one dispatch point where the courier (AnPost, iParcel etc) will pick it up. So while amazon are grouping them the tracking number is just waiting on this process.
    nava wrote: »
    I think the reason is Amazon mark it as shipped but they haven't handed the parcel over to IParcel, maybe they use another service to get it to iparcel, bellow is an example of a recent tracking.

I think i-parcel wait till they fill a container before picking up from deport point, So Amazon has dispatched+tracking no. waiting for courier. The dispatch part is off the conveyor belt, scanned & put into the yet to be filled shipping container. The tracking # doesn't become active by i-parcel untill the container is picked up. Also think they wait for shipping alotment like weekend to 'ship' to Irl. ~that's my theory.

Once in Ireland Fastrack is great except you cant track it with the Amazon#

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Tomk1 wrote: »
    I think i-parcel wait till they fill a container before picking up from deport point, So Amazon has dispatched+tracking no. waiting for courier. The dispatch part is off the conveyor belt, scanned & put into the yet to be filled shipping container. The tracking # doesn't become active by i-parcel untill the container is picked up. Also think they wait for shipping alotment like weekend to 'ship' to Irl. ~that's my theory.

Once in Ireland Fastrack is great except you cant track it with the Amazon#

That sounds plausible.

I received an email from i-Parcel yesterday asking me to rate their customer service on their response to my original query. I clicked on 'Bad-I'm unsatisfied' and was taken to a web page which showed that not only had there been no response to my query but that it had apparently not been assigned to anyone. :rolleyes:

I left them additional feedback but of course haven't received a response to that either.

More crap service from i-parcel. So Ascendia loose a parcel and Amazon don't have another to send so they give me a refund I order a similar item and they send it with i-parcel.

Item expected yesterday 28th March according Amazon but didn't arrive so I check today and see

Now expected 28 Mar - 4 Apr
    We’re sorry your parcel is late. If it hasn’t arrived by Wednesday, 5 Apr, please come back for more options.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Does anyone know of how best to complain to Amazon about this shower of *****

I got up this morning and opened the door to check the postbox on our wall, and on my doorstep was my parcel from Amazon (and for some odd reason my next door neighbours also). The courier NEVER attempted to ring the doorbell or in anyway indicate he was there to make the delivery, just dropped the parcel on the doorstep and left. And to make matters worse my doorstep is facing onto a main road (no garden) where there are often 'unsavoury' types walking past.

To say I am livid is an understatement and I want to complain about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lmc106

hdowney wrote: »

I got up this morning and opened the door to check the postbox on our wall, and on my doorstep was my parcel from Amazon (and for some odd reason my next door neighbours also). The courier NEVER attempted to ring the doorbell or in anyway indicate he was there to make the delivery, just dropped the parcel on the doorstep and left. And to make matters worse my doorstep is facing onto a main road (no garden) where there are often 'unsavoury' types walking past.

Start an Amazon Chat. I had a huge issue and started a chat with an Amazon rep who was super helpful and refunded my money so I could order another one and gave me a free month of Prime for my trouble. I also requested they put my complaint on file against the company and consider using another company. I also let the rep at Fastway know I did this not that it did anything in the end but made me feel a little better.

My Fastway saga:

Ordered a ring, item was taking a long time to deliver so I tracked it through Amazon, to I-parcel, to Fastway. Took ages to get to a human (via email) but finally get in contact with Megan who stated a week later that it was because they need a phone number. Fine, give them a phone number and a few days later the driver calls for directions. Give him directions and let him know someone is waiting for him. He says he's on our street and knows which house it is- he'll be there soon.

Hours later- nothing. I call again, no reply. Leave it til the next day, still no reply so I check on Amazon and they've marked it delivered! Email Megan, she says we told the guy to leave it on the pier and he did. Nope. Tell her that's wrong, explain someone was home and in the yard and even saw him drive by, he must have gone to the wrong house. She says she'll sort it out. Next week the neighbor comes by with a handwritten note from the driver to call him about the package.

Basically they say they left it at the wrong house, neighbor says they didn't, we don't have our ring. I report it to Amazon and get my money back, reorder and now I wait for them to hopefully deliver this time for real.

My Fastway saga:

Ordered a ring, item was taking a long time to deliver so I tracked it through Amazon, to I-parcel, to Fastway. Took ages to get to a human (via email) but finally get in contact with Megan who stated a week later that it was because they need a phone number. Fine, give them a phone number and a few days later the driver calls for directions. Give him directions and let him know someone is waiting for him. He says he's on our street and knows which house it is- he'll be there soon.

Hours later- nothing. I call again, no reply. Leave it til the next day, still no reply so I check on Amazon and they've marked it delivered! Email Megan, she says we told the guy to leave it on the pier and he did. Nope. Tell her that's wrong, explain someone was home and in the yard and even saw him drive by, he must have gone to the wrong house. She says she'll sort it out. Next week the neighbor comes by with a handwritten note from the driver to call him about the package.

Basically they say they left it at the wrong house, neighbor says they didn't, we don't have our ring. I report it to Amazon and get my money back, reorder and now I wait for them to hopefully deliver this time for real.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,855 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

hdowney wrote: »

Say you never received it & get a refund ?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭garyegt

I too would like to bitch about i-parcel. waiting on bits coming from amazon USA, arrived to ireland in about week but have been stuck in customs for the last 2 weeks. it aint a customs fault cos i also bought stuff from ebay, again from US and it was in customs for literally 30 mins according to the tracking.

I emailed em, they just said yeah we have customs delay problems, no timeframe or anything when i asked. less than helpful. amazon refunded the shipping

anyone been thru the same problems with the customs delays? how long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I pay for Prime. Not next year I wont.
    Oh F'ck off Amazon.

YhlV7mP.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

garyegt wrote: »
    I too would like to bitch about i-parcel. waiting on bits coming from amazon USA, arrived to ireland in about week but have been stuck in customs for the last 2 weeks. it aint a customs fault cos i also bought stuff from ebay, again from US and it was in customs for literally 30 mins according to the tracking.

I emailed em, they just said yeah we have customs delay problems, no timeframe or anything when i asked. less than helpful. amazon refunded the shipping

anyone been thru the same problems with the customs delays? how long did it take?

Just because one shipment is quick to clear customs doesn't mean all will be. A week seems like a long time though, unless they have seized it.

I pay for Prime. Not next year I wont.
    Oh F'ck off Amazon.

YhlV7mP.png

Contact them on chat and tell them- maybe if enough of us complain they'll find a better courier company or get this one to shape up. I've complained twice now about it and gotten free months of prime and my shipping fee refunded at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Having my first parcel delivered by i-parcel.

I used to get everything delivered by An Post. Then they returned an item precisely after keeping it for 5 working days and making three delivery attempts. It was the Easter holidays and they never did this before. Ever since, nothing from Amazon to An Post, and now i-parcel.

The order was initially held up with the supplier saying they could not yet give me an estimated delivery date. How are people supposed to organise things when the delivery date is so uncertain and then An Post may take it into their heads to out of the blue enforce their rules.

I also had an AddressPal item which did wait 3 weeks at the Post Office before I collected it.

Amazon were great about making a refund, and giving me free expedited delivery on another order. It's a pity An Post can't grab the lifeline that is Amazon.

And now i-parcel......I'm away again on their estimated delivery date!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I ordered a watch from Amazon US now two weeks after I ordered it and two days before it's arrival date Im getting custom clearance delay.

Why is there a customs delay when I have already prepayed customs when I bought the watch? I emailed I parcel and amazon but have had no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

mad muffin wrote: »
    I ordered a watch from Amazon US now two weeks after I ordered it and two days before it's arrival date Im getting custom clearance delay.

Why is there a customs delay when I have already prepayed customs when I bought the watch? I emailed I parcel and amazon but have had no reply.
    What happened with me is that I got a call from i-parcel (I had registered my mobile number with Amazon). The delivery was real 'gig economy' stuff but the woman who called was very helpful about delaying my delivery until I returned from holidays. Maybe the trick is to add a mobile number to your Amazon account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

KOR101 wrote: »
    What happened with me is that I got a call from i-parcel (I had registered my mobile number with Amazon). The delivery was real 'gig economy' stuff but the woman who called was very helpful about delaying my delivery until I returned from holidays. Maybe the trick is to add a mobile number to your Amazon account.

They already have my number. Amazon got back to me an completely not answered my query. I asked about customs delay and they came back with, sorry but we gave you an invalid tracking number. Except tracking number isn't invalid. It's tracking just fine.

mad muffin wrote: »

You have prepaid an estimate of the charges in advance, but is still has to undergo customs clearance on arrival in Ireland. It may have gone for customs examination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I think it's not just Iparcel. I think it's Fastway who are idiots too.

Iparcel passed the stuff to fastway, who in turn fails to deliver the package. Every single time.

These two companies are beyond abysmal. I have no clue how Amazon continues to deal with them.

Yesterday I got an email from Amazon that my order got returned to them.

Previously I managed to track down packages and I always got an excuse of "address was not declared" or some other BS like that and when I got on to them and picked up the package myself by after multiple emails, calls and having to drive down to their place, I saw on the package the address and everything was correct AND it also had my phone number on it. You'd think they'd bother to call you.

This time I was busy and did not chase the package, so it got returned.

Morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

CyberGhost wrote: »

Iparcel passed the stuff to fastway, who in turn fails to deliver the package. Every single time.

These two companies are beyond abysmal. I have no clue how Amazon continues to deal with them.

Yesterday I got an email from Amazon that my order got returned to them.

Previously I managed to track down packages and I always got an excuse of "address was not declared" or some other BS like that and when I got on to them and picked up the package myself by after multiple emails, calls and having to drive down to their place, I saw on the package the address and everything was correct AND it also had my phone number on it. You'd think they'd bother to call you.

This time I was busy and did not chase the package, so it got returned.

Morons.

Fastway are utterly abysmal. I've started to use ParcelMotel even for items that can be delivered to Dublin. Life's too short to deal with iparcel/Fastway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

CyberGhost wrote: »

Fastway are by far the worst.

Advertisement