Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iparcel... the stupidest courier

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

5500 wrote: »
    Is it location dependant as to which courier is delivering for iparcel?
    I'm waiting on a package from the USA bought via Amazon.com, I'm wondering will it be ups/anpost/fastway who deliver?

Last couple of times for me from Amazon US it was iParcel. Dispatched quickly and delivered with a week. End delivery is Fastway, even though iParcel is owned by UPS now.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Not impressed with crowd at all. Package dispatched on 25Nov16 from UK. Last update on iParcel website was package on route to Ireland. Provided the incorrect tracking number for Fastway. Being trying to contact them for over a week now. Nightmare. Fastway cant do anything without their tracking number.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Bazsutto wrote: »
    Not impressed with crowd at all. Package dispatched on 25Nov16 from UK. Last update on iParcel website was package on route to Ireland. Provided the incorrect tracking number for Fastway. Being trying to contact them for over a week now. Nightmare. Fastway cant do anything without their tracking number.:mad:

Get a refund, no point worrying about it.

tbh I wouldn't trust a word Fastway say, the story they told me was they get a lot of parcels from iParcel with no address on them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Only thing to do is seek refund from amazon/source.

Only thing to do is seek refund from amazon/source.

I've been onto Amazon as well. Due to ring me today at some stage. Said they would email i-Parcel and have a response within 24 hours. Wouldn't be holding out much hope with this crowd.

In fairness to Amazon, said no bother getting refund/ send new package. Just time is running out as it a Christmas gift for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I've been onto Amazon as well. Due to ring me today at some stage. Said they would email i-Parcel and have a response within 24 hours. Wouldn't be holding out much hope with this crowd.

In fairness to Amazon, said no bother getting refund/ send new package. Just time is running out as it a Christmas gift for someone.

Agreed.
    I've found Amazon to be a breath of fresh air on this regard.

Just onto Amazon about it. Repeat order sent with priority shipping. Best customer service out there IMHO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I still don't see why Amazon use this crowd. A tv I ordered went "missing" when loaded on the wrong fastway van I was told. Bunch of cowboys.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Problem is that iParcel use their own tracking number, and Fastway can't generate their tracking number until they received the parcel in.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BuyersRemorse

They are absolute pants. Two items I ordered from Amazon had to be resent after they went 'missing'.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    I still don't see why Amazon use this crowd. A tv I ordered went "missing" when loaded on the wrong fastway van I was told. Bunch of cowboys.

Asendia are even worse, and they still use them. Lends some credence to the rumour that a courier had agreed a deal to allow Amazon to deduct the price of the missing product from the shipping bill. Bonkers IMO, but would explain why Amazon
    a) Are so quick to refund
    b) Don't change couriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 quick_id

So frustrating! Theres no way to contact i-Parcel and Fastway have no knowledge of it either. I didnt purchase via Amazon so theres no recourse there either.
    Stupidest courier is right

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

quick_id wrote: »
    So frustrating! Theres no way to contact i-Parcel and Fastway have no knowledge of it either. I didnt purchase via Amazon so theres no recourse there either.
    Stupidest courier is right

You can contact i parcel via a link on their tracking page, absolutely brutal though so don't expect much enlightenment!

Here's their email address customer.service@i-parcel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

They are just terrible. Spent the last 2 hours with amazon. Ordered a vinyl record which arrived folded in half almost. was supposed to be sent by amazon uk, but it has a customs declaration on it. it got lost in transit from Switzerland I believe. item now out of stock, so thats someones christmas present ruined. and to add insult to injury they dont do return labels anymore. so i need to fork out the cash to send it back to them. such a pain...

They are just terrible. Spent the last 2 hours with amazon. Ordered a vinyl record which arrived folded in half almost. was supposed to be sent by amazon uk, but it has a customs declaration on it. it got lost in transit from Switzerland I believe. item now out of stock, so thats someones christmas present ruined. and to add insult to injury they dont do return labels anymore. so i need to fork out the cash to send it back to them. such a pain...

They screwed up so they should still refund the postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Getting a little worried ordered the 14th with the arrival date set for the 23rd but its been in Surrey for 6 days now!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

iParcel managed to mess up my parcel(s). Sent to Limerick instead of Tipperary(completely different driver) so had to be re-routed back to Midlands Depot. Not the end of the world except Amazon split my order into two which means the other one is now on the way to the same incorrect redirection except it was delayed but nobody could tell me why.

iParcel said they didn't have it from Amazon(electronic information received was all) and Amazon assured me they had it since Friday Lunchtime(and they're open Saturday and Sunday this Christmas sorting stuff). This morning then "Parcel Taken off Hold" but nobody can tell me why it's on hold. Now it's winging it's way to the incorrect Irish sorting office. It's down for the 23rd delivery also but todays delivery was down for the 22nd so I think the above poster should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 budgetbuilder

A couple of months ago I bought an item on Amazon. After several "attempted deliveries" (I was actually at home all the time so why they were attempted I don't know).
    I suspect that they just assumed on the law of averages I'd be at work so they could get away with it. Well I wasn't...

Anyway, after several days of phoning around they finally admitted that they had "LOST" the parcel.

The latest incident was where I bought a DVDs on Amazon. I've had to get a refund because for the last week they have had the item marked as delivered when they clearly haven't.
    They haven't attempted to contact me.
    They've previously promised to contact me within 48 hours but never did.

Why is on earth is Amazon still using this excuse for a courier?

As far as I can see they collect parcels but never bother delivering them!!

Anyway, if you want my advice AVOID I-PARCEL AT ALL COSTS. And, If amazon want keep using them, avoid amazon. Simple as, there are plenty of third parties who are happy of the business and will ship the items by royal mail etc so they don't get "lost" or "held up at customs" etc. We are the customers. We have all the power! If we don't buy from them, they WILL fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I ordered a birthday card from Amazon on the 1st of January. It shows as having been dispatched on the 5th of January. I thought that it was being sent from the UK but the dispatch address is in Germany. I was concerned when the delivery date shown was the 16 th - 2 weeks for a card :eek: Still hasn't arrived. Surely Amazon won't use a courier for a card ?

I have complained to Amazon & I suggest everyone else does.

There is a UK number for iparcel here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_gt_w_wms_oca?nodeId=201910090

Another plus one for iparcel... the stupidest courier!

Amazon tracking indicated that my stuff was out for delivery yesterday and nothing arrived. In the evening Amazons tracking said Delivery Rescheduled. This morning it said Rescheduled at customers request. wtf someone in all day and no contact with courier who had phone number on the package.

Put in an official complaint and of course package was delivered (let in letter box but not signed for) a few hours later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Discodog wrote: »
    I ordered a birthday card from Amazon on the 1st of January. It shows as having been dispatched on the 5th of January. I thought that it was being sent from the UK but the dispatch address is in Germany. I was concerned when the delivery date shown was the 16 th - 2 weeks for a card :eek: Still hasn't arrived. Surely Amazon won't use a courier for a card ?

I have complained to Amazon & I suggest everyone else does.

There is a UK number for iparcel here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_gt_w_wms_oca?nodeId=201910090

Mine ended with Amazon saying that iparcel had the package & iparcel saying that they never received it from Amazon. Amazon issued a refund & sent a replacement by priority with free postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,470 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I ordered a package from Amazon on the 20th it was dispatched by Amazon to I-Parcel on the 20th.

It went like this.

Amazon Fife 20th departs

Dunstable, Central Bedfordshire, GB 21th arrives

Dunstable, Central Bedfordshire, GB 23th departs

Parcel arrived at a carrier facility Surrey 70 miles away 25th.

It took two days to get 70 bloody miles.

Parcel left the carrier facility Surrey the 26th 8am still no Idea where it is now.

I could have walked to Scotland and picked up myself and been back home quicker.

An Post had always delivered to me and it would arrive within 2 working days of being dispatched by Amazon with them.

It seems to me that I-parcel/Fastway are stock pilling packages and then only transporting them all together once a week.

I now have an item that was dispatched on the 27th of January but delivery is estimated at the 7th of February. Last seen 4 days ago when Parcel left the carrier facility Dunstable, Central Bedfordshire, GB. It might arrive tomorrow but Amazon own delivery estimates don't exactly inspire you with confidence with these guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I'm expecting a package from Amazon. The expected delivery was yesterday but when I came home it wasn't anywhere. I expected it to be delivered by an post. Then I checked online and it's i-parcel. So that explains that. The tracking says it's in the country but I don't know where. I presume it will get delivered on Monday but do I have to be home to sign for it? Will they call first and I could maybe redirect them and get it delivered to work? It's just a pain the hole waiting for a courier and signing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

my3cents wrote: »
    Another plus one for iparcel... the stupidest courier!

Amazon tracking indicated that my stuff was out for delivery yesterday and nothing arrived. In the evening Amazons tracking said Delivery Rescheduled. This morning it said Rescheduled at customers request. wtf someone in all day and no contact with courier who had phone number on the package.

Put in an official complaint and of course package was delivered (let in letter box but not signed for) a few hours later.

Which is more stupid iparcel or people that say stupidest?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

Hi ,I'm a long term customer with Amazon and recently have become really annoyed with their shipping method.

The last two orders I made were charged to my account when they marked as shipped. But on contacting iparcel I was advised Amazon hadn't shipped at all.

The problem for me is I got used to delivery windows by shipping dates, now they seem to be lying about this.

Anyone any experience ?

The evidence for me is parcel on hold notification , but this is Amazon who hold.
    Iparcel have confirmed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Hi ,I'm a long term customer with Amazon and recently have become really annoyed with their shipping method.

The last two orders I made were charged to my account when they marked as shipped. But on contacting iparcel I was advised Amazon hadn't shipped at all.

The problem for me is I got used to delivery windows by shipping dates, now they seem to be lying about this.

Anyone any experience ?

The evidence for me is parcel on hold notification , but this is Amazon who hold.
    Iparcel have confirmed this.

I've had two items supposed to be delivered by iparcel,tracked being out for delivery..Both returned by iparcel as unable to deliver, unable to contact,despite several emails,and comments on delivery leaving my number,told Amazon I'd not be ordering anything again which uses iparcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

It can't be a reliable service if the tracking information differs on Amazon and iparcel.
    They seem to make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It can't be a reliable service if the tracking information differs on Amazon and iparcel.
    They seem to make it up

Seems they will only deliver if it's in a city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

First off:
    -iParcel are idiots
    -A toddler in a hiace would do a better job of getting your package to you even though he couldnt see over the steering wheel.

That being said its normal enough for Amazon to create the waybill/shipping label before your items have actually been picked/boxed. Amazon often only use the courier for the last leg so items will be sent from different warehouses to the one dispatch point where the courier (AnPost, iParcel etc) will pick it up. So while amazon are grouping them the tracking number is just waiting on this process.

The advantage of Prime is mine all come express post so if I get "On Route to Customer" one time I know the package will be at my door between 10 and 10:20 AM the next morning (the second "On Route To Customer" appears about 6AM that morning).

Advertisement