Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iparcel... the stupidest courier

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Thread merged with the I-parcel theead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

It can't be a reliable service if the tracking information differs on Amazon and iparcel.
    They seem to make it up

Fastway who do the last leg delivery make it up for sure. The local driver put Delay Delivery because the customer requests it in the system because he couldn't be bothered to come out to my house last week when the item should have been delivered. Funny how it takes him about 15 minutes to get out to me from his main delivery run and my stuff turned up 15 minutes after I'd complained to Amazon that the driver was lying.

btw does anyone have to sign for stuff coming with iparcel? I never do and stuff is just left at my gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

ED E wrote: »

The advantage of Prime is mine all come express post so if I get "On Route to Customer" one time I know the package will be at my door between 10 and 10:20 AM the next morning (the second "On Route To Customer" appears about 6AM that morning).

I have used prime and found it reliable , but I use the redirect of address pal and find it's more reliable.

I don't mind paying extra for delivery , but I wouldn't let myself be bullied into a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Even before prime 90% of my stuff has come with AP so iParcel/Hermes didnt force me into subscribing but when I was offered it at 50% off I gave it a punt.

Basically it still tends to take 3-4 days for items to arrive at the Irish dispatch point but then with expresspost its reliably morning of the 2nd day.

Amazon pay their drivers in the UK less than minimum wage with 45 seconds between delivery being the normal target. They're not exactly a star employer. Until iParcel etc hurt amazon with huge rates of complaints they wont stop using them because, as we all know, AP arent cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,855 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I contacted Amazon because I want a large item delivered to Sweden. They strongly recommended expedited delivery. It's €10 extra but the CS said that it is much more reliable.

It feels like Amazon are slowing down standard delivery to push people on to Prime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi ,I'm a long term customer with Amazon and recently have become really annoyed with their shipping method.

The last two orders I made were charged to my account when they marked as shipped. But on contacting iparcel I was advised Amazon hadn't shipped at all.

The problem for me is I got used to delivery windows by shipping dates, now they seem to be lying about this.

Anyone any experience ?

The evidence for me is parcel on hold notification , but this is Amazon who hold.
    Iparcel have confirmed this.

I wouldn't trust a word from iParcel. Their service is a shambles. Noticeable how anything not sent with iParcel or Asendia seems to be fine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

whiterebel wrote: »
    Hi ,I'm a long term customer with Amazon and recently have become really annoyed with their shipping method.

The last two orders I made were charged to my account when they marked as shipped. But on contacting iparcel I was advised Amazon hadn't shipped at all.

The problem for me is I got used to delivery windows by shipping dates, now they seem to be lying about this.

Anyone any experience ?

The evidence for me is parcel on hold notification , but this is Amazon who hold.
    Iparcel have confirmed this.

I wouldn't trust a word from iParcel. Their service is a shambles. Noticeable how anything not sent with iParcel or Asendia seems to be fine.

I think the reason is Amazon mark it as shipped but they haven't handed the parcel over to IParcel, maybe they use another service to get it to iparcel, bellow is an example of a recent tracking.

I have to say for me so far no delays on my last few orders from amazon.co.uk and amazon.es, even they arrived a day earlier than the expected delivery date given by Amazon, but also say that Amazon does give a bit longer delivery dates if they are using i-parcel.

408574.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Amazon pay their drivers in the UK less than minimum wage with 45 seconds between delivery being the normal target. They're not exactly a star employer. Until iParcel etc hurt amazon with huge rates of complaints they wont stop using them because, as we all know, AP arent cheap.
    Some garbled 'facts' here.
    Are you confusing drivers with warehouse pickers?
    Was the less than minimum wage Amazon,or Sports Direct?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

vandriver wrote: »
    Some garbled 'facts' here.
    Are you confusing drivers with warehouse pickers?
    Was the less than minimum wage Amazon,or Sports Direct?

Amazon drivers on contract. They're essentially are direct workers for Amazon though as their route is planned and monitored by them. Pickers are equally abused but Kiva's little orange beauties will have them redundant very very soon.

BBC covered it in a recent enough undercover piece. IIRC it was the Bristol depot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Amazon drivers on contract. They're essentially are direct workers for Amazon though as their route is planned and monitored by them. Pickers are equally abused but Kiva's little orange beauties will have them redundant very very soon.

BBC covered it in a recent enough undercover piece. IIRC it was the Bristol depot.

That's actually shocking. Expected more of Amazon. Heres the piece for anyone interested :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37912858

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

There is not a 45 second window per delivery,that's just nonsense.Driving like a lunatic,in the early hours,I used to manage 60 newspaper drops in an hour ,but I wasn't looking for a signature or waiting for someone to open the door .

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

I parcel ,I for invisible.

Amazon are resending my goods as they believe they are lost.

Lordy lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Are there certain items that Amazon use either iparcel or asendia as the carrier or is it completely random? Haven't yet got stung, have ordered phones, PS4 games and Blu Ray in the past year. Phones have all been delivered to Parcel Motel via Royal Mail. The other items were delivered by An Post.

If it was just certain items it would be good to know as I could avoid using Amazon for these.

Ordered Chain Saw chain that came with iparcel or should I say is coming with iparcel I'm still waiting, will be two weeks time it arrives for an item that was in stock. A few days after ordering the chain I ordered some computer memory and that arrived today in the post via ascendia and An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,855 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I ordered a big €100 package from Amazon for delivery to Sweden. I chose expedited as I thought that it would be more reliable. It arrived a day early, so very fast but the Courier didn't get a signature & left the big package "by the front door"

The courier was UPS, the owners of iparcel & whom I would of regarded as one of the best. I emailed Amazon & now I am almost tempted to say that it didn't arrive & ask for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Urgh. I have been waiting like 4 days for my package to go from 'dispatching soon' to dispatched. But now I'm not so sure I shoulda wished for it because they are shipping with this crowd of cretins. I have no idea why. I just received a package from Amazon shipped via an post that contains pretty much the same as this current package. There is no rhyme or reason to who they ship with. I may just pray now.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Although Amazon Germany does not have a free shipping option, I noticed they use I-Parcel for their standard pay-for shipping.

I ordered a coffee machine and two large packs of coffee pads (260) for it, all sold by Amazon. Shipping came to about €14 from what I recall. They shipped the coffee machine by I-Parcel and the coffee pads by DHL.

Unsurprisingly, the pads turned up first by An Post, followed by the machine two days later by Fastway. In this case it was quicker than usual for I-Parcel, as I've had the odd I-Parcel package take over 2 weeks to arrive after shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

placed an order on Amazon which was dispatched on Jan 28th. Still no sign of it despite it saying it will be here on Feb 2nd. Wrote to them online and they just refunded me. He said their systems cant even track iparcel so they just give a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I wish there was a way to indicate to Amazon to stop sending things through couriers.

Just send it by normal post.

CyberGhost wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to indicate to Amazon to stop sending things through couriers.

Just send it by normal post.

I do that every time I complain on the online chat and after the chat I often get an online survey to fill in and always mention how crap both iparcel and ascendia are.

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    I do that every time I complain on the online chat and after the chat I often get an online survey to fill in and always mention how crap both iparcel and ascendia are.

I just talked to iParcel. Turns out they handed the package to Fastway. And they have not been able to deliver it.

Sigh... The chase begins.

I just talked to iParcel. Turns out they handed the package to Fastway. And they have not been able to deliver it.

Sigh... The chase begins.

I never deal with Fastway, I didn't pay for free delivery to be wasting my time with them ;)

I just open up a chat session with Amazon and let them sort it out.

I must admit I did try chasing Fastway once and it was a waste of my time so now they can give their made up excuses to Amazon.

I never deal with Fastway, I didn't pay for free delivery to be wasting my time with them ;)

I just open up a chat session with Amazon and let them sort it out.

I must admit I did try chasing Fastway once and it was a waste of my time so now they can give their made up excuses to Amazon.

Awful company.

I can't understand why does Amazon still deal with them. Look at the reviews.

And in general I hate dealing with couriers. They deliver at 10 or 11... Who is going to be at home at that time!?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Awful company.

I can't understand why does Amazon still deal with them. Look at the reviews.

And in general I hate dealing with couriers. They deliver at 10 or 11... Who is going to be at home at that time!?

Thats the nature of the beast, its not going to change. The options of drivers doing 10-12 hour days, and then start doing household deliveries or having a second team of drivers wouldn't be workable. Most people get deliveries to work, or use Parcel Connect or Parcel Motel for this reason.

I just received a package that was sent by UPS itself from the UK and although it arrived much faster than I-Parcel takes, they lost half of the items in the box. So items sent by UPS itself are not treated any better apart from speed. :mad:

JfocUdr.jpgBPRkx9i.jpg

It appears that the package was torn in half while in transit, UPS put about half the stuff back in and taped it back up with additional 'assist' UPS labels stuck on. I've had many crushed packages and damaged items before with UPS and I-Parcel, including long before Fastway handled its deliveries in Ireland, although this is the first time stuff went missing from the package. With An Post, most packages arrive without a dent.

It's like UPS means the Unreliable Parcel Service . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Hey, I ordered a package on Amazon on the 26 of February and Amazon delivery tracking has it down as delivered today but nothing has arrived?

Iparcel are the couriers and I just sent them a message to see whats the story, I looked up I parcel and the reviews that came up were shocking, is there any chance I'll get what I ordered and if I don't will amazon refund?

editorsean wrote: »
    I just received a package that was sent by UPS itself from the UK and although it arrived much faster than I-Parcel takes, they lost half of the items in the box. So items sent by UPS itself are not treated any better apart from speed. :mad:

JfocUdr.jpgBPRkx9i.jpg

It appears that the package was torn in half while in transit, UPS put about half the stuff back in and taped it back up with additional 'assist' UPS labels stuck on. I've had many crushed packages and damaged items before with UPS and I-Parcel, including long before Fastway handled its deliveries in Ireland, although this is the first time stuff went missing from the package. With An Post, most packages arrive without a dent.

It's like UPS means the Unreliable Parcel Service . . .

Is that your first large delivery from CPC? They have to be some of the worst packers in the online delivery world. Never lost anything but its touch and go with every delivery from them.

Hey, I ordered a package on Amazon on the 26 of February and Amazon delivery tracking has it down as delivered today but nothing has arrived?

Iparcel are the couriers and I just sent them a message to see whats the story, I looked up I parcel and the reviews that came up were shocking, is there any chance I'll get what I ordered and if I don't will amazon refund?

Don't worry just contact Amazon (I normally use the online chat) they may ask you to wait a couple of days but normally resend or refund as soon as you report iParcel have failed to deliver.

Is that your first large delivery from CPC? They have to be some of the worst packers in the online delivery world. Never lost anything but its touch and go with every delivery from them.
    This one was quite small compared to CPC orders I had in the past - The box is roughly 30 x 30 x 20cm.

As with past orders, they sure skimp on the packaging as everything is usually squeezed into a box barely large enough for the items, a bad combination with UPS. Unsurprisingly I've had to get smashed items replaced before. So far I have not had any issue with CPC's aftersales and are sending replacements for what went missing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Just got off the online chat, said in most cases it will come in 24 hours of it saying it was delivered but if it didn't id get a refund, pain in the hole this.

Advertisement