Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iparcel... the stupidest courier

Options
  • 07-10-2013 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I ordered some stuff from amazon Friday 2 weeks ago, they normally use an post which i have never had any issues with but for some reason they used "i-parcel" this time, this company is an absolute joke.

I have a mobile number included with my amazon delivery's that is always printed on the parcel, no phone calls from them. I went on there website... no number to contact only an american line that doesnt let you speak with someone directly except an answering machine.

I emailed them 2 days ago and still no reply. I looked up the tracking of the parcel and it said "delivery attempted " for friday last week. I didnt get any calls and there was someone at home all day last friday.

What the hell am i supposed to do now? ill be writing an email to amazon about this service anyway

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Contact amazon, it's their problem to sort out. It's always helpful to contact the courier but you don't have to do that and since you've tried and failed you should get on the phone with amazon, far more efficient than email.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Fastway deliver in Ireland for iParcel/Amazon you could try your local depot to see if they have your package?

Also Fastway use their own numbers 'internally', once they receive the package, so you can't track on the Fastway website using the iParcel number unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Ordered a Kindle off Amazon and just spotted the shipper is i-Parcel instead of An Post.

As I had never heard of them, I was curious so I googled them.

My god the complaints going around this company. Fingers crossed its ok but I'm nervous when I attempt to track it on i-parcel, it says "Your shipmenti has been flagged for review of the contents prior to export"

- Thats their spelling mistake on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Mine is still sitting for over 24 hours now as "flagged for review before export" -
    An Post - never had a problem.... ugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 VECTRON

Had a crap experience with iParcel as well

Ordered a kindle, got shipped to Germany before returning back to Ireland

Think my problem is that I asked for it to be gift wrapped and they must send this somewhere else to be done before being sent to the customer

Mine is on the van now on its way. I-parcel tracking working even though its now with fastway. Definitely longer than An-Post, not sure what the two day hold up was.

Hopefully it arrives now and its ok.
    Been hearing some bad reports on these new Kindle Paperwhites with the lighting so fingers crossed it doesnt have to go back.

Wonder are An Post out of the picture now or is it just for Kindles that i-Parcel are involved?

EDIT - I just got an email from Fastway with a fastway tracking number - this actually seems to be working pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

Same problems here. Had a good few free deliveries come with Fastway last month- takes about 11 days to get here.

Sent Amazon a few polite emails and although I had one more box with Fastway, every delivery in the last 2 weeks was An Post again :)

Incidently, a friend pays for delivery usually and she's never had anything other than An Post - I'm guessing i-parcel/Fartway are for free delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

I put 3 orders through amazon uk (all free super saver delivery) for various PC components, two are coming via an post and the last through this iParcel crowd. It's pretty annoying as I'm sure the An Post stuff will turn up on Friday but I will be left without the iParcel order which is needed to complete the build. I live down the country so the chances of a courier finding me are not good...got a feeling I will be returning this part of the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

just ordered something else off amazon on friday, even though i had sent a complaint to them about them not using an-post (which was always faster) they still used iparcel AGAIN!

here we are 4 days later and my stuff hasnt moved from the first destination, i even paid for postage this time just to avoid the wait. If we all just keep complaining to amazon then they'll surely change back to an post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Similar story with iparcel happened to me OP, except in my case Amazon gave me a refund 2 days after the expected delivery date when I complained. Needless to say I'd prefer not to use Amazon if they continued using iparcel and my latest order is coming via iparcel. I know what one user says won't be taken into consideration but you still have to make the effort and complain if you don't get the service you expect.

It might be bull**** as Fastways aren't the best to deal with but the office I spoke to about my last non delivery said they get stuff from iparcel with no addresses on it so it has to go back. When I asked the local driver about a missing parcel his first responce was "was it something you ordered from Amazon?", so I guess its an issue he's come across before.

Then there is Amazon and i(lost your)parcel's tracking, its total rubbish, Amazon says stuff has come out of Germany and iparcels own system says the same stuff started out in the UK, no wonder they are a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Having problems with this crowd at the moment.
    No idea where my nexus 7 is for the past week and not one person from iparcel willing to return a call/communicate with me by phone.

All you get is straight throught to voicemail with an assurance someone will get back to you promptly. I've left three messages hoping for this prompt response but nothing for about a week now.

They just refer me to Fastway, the local courier with a tracking number for them. Of course Fastway haven't received the package yet and tell me it's iparcel's responsibility until they get the package.
    Which is fair enough but this crowd iparcel are a disaster.

Tied with emobile for my worst customer experience ever.

Having problems with this crowd at the moment.
    No idea where my nexus 7 is for the past week and not one person from iparcel willing to return a call/communicate with me by phone.

All you get is straight throught to voicemail with an assurance someone will get back to you promptly. I've left three messages hoping for this prompt response but nothing for about a week now.

They just refer me to Fastway, the local courier with a tracking number for them. Of course Fastway haven't received the package yet and tell me it's iparcel's responsibility until they get the package.
    Which is fair enough but this crowd iparcel are a disaster.

Tied with emobile for my worst customer experience ever.

I found iparcel quite quick to reply to emails but still they were next to useless. What does the online tracking say? If its got to Hawkes Bay then thats Fastways central distribution point in Ireland.

I found iparcel quite quick to reply to emails but still they were next to useless. What does the online tracking say? If its got to Hawkes Bay then thats Fastways central distribution point in Ireland.

"Does not have any scans".
    So obviously not on the Fastway system yet.

I'm actually amazed they are still in business. A quick google reveals nobody anywhere has anything good to say about them. It's all bad.
    Amazon forums
    Whirlpool the aussie site
    It goes on and on.
    And seemingly for a few years now (posts from 2011).
    How are they not out of business already.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

I've just received my delivery from fastway. It has taken 8 days from the day i received the email to say they had an Amazon parcel for me.
    Because I knew I would not be at home during the day I tried to contact them to get it delivered to work. I emailed, phoned, left voicemails at the local depot. Every time I checked the tracking it said delivery attempted.
    Nobody attempted to contact me. Finally I tried fastway's head office and got an email with a drivers mobile number.
    So 8 days later I have my package (which looks like it has been kicked around their warehouse) and the most ridiculous part about it is that it was a small calender that cost £4.67.
    The week before I ordered an item worth £99 from Amazon and it was sent An Post and it was delivered to me safe and sound 3 days later.
    Is there an email address for making complaints?

• Advertisement

Now Amazon have refunded me the total price because "the item arrived late" ( haven't got any item yet of course).
    I honestly dunno what's going on.
    If I get the Nexus eventually, I'm not returning it as I never asked for a refund.
    Anyone with a similar experience to this.

Now Amazon have refunded me the total price because "the item arrived late" ( haven't got any item yet of course).
    I honestly dunno what's going on.
    If I get the Nexus eventually, I'm not returning it as I never asked for a refund.
    Anyone with a similar experience to this.

Had the experience of non delivery and a refund. I sort of get the impression that Amazon have some extra tracking information that we don't see as of the few similar cases I know about nothing ever arrived yet Amazon seemed very quick to refund some items and slower on others.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I've had a fun time with i-Parcel. I ordered a gift for my daughter from Amazon US back in November, leaving plenty of time for delivery before Christmas.

The tracking information on the Amazon site said that the parcel was in Carlstadt, New Jersey. It stayed there for days with no update on the tracking. It finally changed status to UNDELIVERABLE. I never found out the reason. But in fairness Amazon contacted me and told me to resubmit the same order and it would be fine. I did that.

Again the tracking information showed that the package had stalled in New Jersey for several days with no updates. I left it until a few days after the estimated delivery date and contacted Amazon again.

This time they told me the package had been lost in shipping! I asked why I hadn't been told about this but didn't get a satisfactory answer. He did agree to submit another order (yes this is the third one) and upgrade it 2 day priority shipping for free.

When I checked the tracking on the new order I see that it's not iParcel but UPS. So that means that it should arrive tomorrow, hurray!

Unbelievably I got a notification directly from iParcel this morning telling me that the package (the second one) is now in Ireland and is out for delivery!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

My advice would be to contact Amazon directly rahter than waste time with the couriers.

I did all my complaining in realtime using their chat in the help section!

My advice would be to contact Amazon directly rahter than waste time with the couriers.

Amazon are great to deal with but all they can do is resend or refund, people that are waiting for parcels particularly at this time of year may be happy enough to waste time with the couriers if they think it might help then get a delivery. Anyone in a rural location might be well advised to get on the courier if they have not had the particular courier call at their address recently (with iparcel that Fastway).

I've done the web chat thing several times (expecting some resolution) but tbh they're actually not much better.
    I had to reiterate my story every time I talked to someone on it.
    They couldn't get through to iparcel and got no further than I did with them.
    The conclusion of our 3 chats was:
    It's probably stuck in customs.

In fairness they initially offered a replacement only to retract this offer because the specific offer was no longer available.

Overall quite unsatisfactory.
    They are now processing me a refund without me asking and won't tell where the nexus 7 I bought is (with me asking several times).

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I have just got off the chat section with Amazon.com.
    I ordered an item in November and it was shipped on 25 November with IParcel. The delivery date was the 17th of December.
    I tried checking IParcel's site with the tracking number but all I am getting is invalid tracking number.
    I spoke to a person in Amazon to be first told that the item is lost in transit. They then assured me that the item will be delivered on January 9th. Not much good for a christmas present.
    I got a refund on my shipping but that is not worth feck all.
    The funny thing is I asked the person in Amazon could they track the package and they kept saying to me that they could not because "Tracking and delivery confirmation is only available if the carrier provides it to Amazon.com and unfortunately we don't have any detail's regarding that".

I have just got off the chat section with Amazon.com.
    I ordered an item in November and it was shipped on 25 November with IParcel. The delivery date was the 17th of December.
    I tried checking IParcel's site with the tracking number but all I am getting is invalid tracking number.
    I spoke to a person in Amazon to be first told that the item is lost in transit. They then assured me that the item will be delivered on January 9th. Not much good for a christmas present.
    I got a refund on my shipping but that is not worth feck all.
    The funny thing is I asked the person in Amazon could they track the package and they kept saying to me that they could not because "Tracking and delivery confirmation is only available if the carrier provides it to Amazon.com and unfortunately we don't have any detail's regarding that".

I've sent you a pm there. Might be interested to hear how my experience was resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 emmet_d

Hi I'm interested to hear how you got sorted. I am was due items today, but they didn't appear. I normally get an post and would have had by Wednesday. Amazon offered me a refund but at this point I will only be refunded by Monday night. That gives me the joy of shopping Christmas eve. Interested in how previous users have faired...

When I track my delivery it just says electronic information received from seller. .

• Advertisement

emmet_d wrote: »
    Hi I'm interested to hear how you got sorted. I am was due items today, but they didn't appear. I normally get an post and would have had by Wednesday. Amazon offered me a refund but at this point I will only be refunded by Monday night. That gives me the joy of shopping Christmas eve. Interested in how previous users have faired...

When I track my delivery it just says electronic information received from seller. .

PM sent there, Emmet.

Advertisement