Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Regular Season 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Great game one of the best in a while the atmosphere and pace of game was amazing from start to finish the boys earned their wages tonight ;)

Yeah, it wasn't far off post season pace alright, with a few fights as well. Claude Julien commented on how much he enjoyed it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

COYW wrote: »
    3-2 loss for the Rangers in Boston earlier today. Played ok and Nash scored a super goal, poor goal-tending from Rask imo, but the Bruins just had too much for us. They look like a serious outfit again this season and a great shout for the cup. Chara was immense for them.

Great game one of the best in a while the atmosphere and pace of game was amazing from start to finish the boys earned their wages tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MrGee

Ah feck i shouldnt have read the post, ive recorded the bruins rangers game and was gonna watch it tomorrow morning. Anyways glad the Bruins won. There a better team then the Rangers at the mo IMO. Ill watch it regardless.

Good win for the Rangers last night, Kreider with a hat trick. Talbot looking more and more like a top notch goal tender. I reckon Henrik will be traded in the new year, as do most Rangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Excellent end to the circus trip for the Hawks last night. 12 points from 14 is pretty damn good. Think in Raanta too we might have a bit of a gem on our hands. He's looked really good so far this trip and is only going to get better.

• Advertisement

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Excellent end to the circus trip for the Hawks last night. 12 points from 14 is pretty damn good. Think in Raanta too we might have a bit of a gem on our hands. He's looked really good so far this trip and is only going to get better.

Blawkhacks sure look unstoppable
    Great depth they have to call on!

Just a heads up but Setanta is €1 for the month. They show 15 NHL games a week.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/subscribe/

Just a heads up but Setanta is €1 for the month. They show 15 NHL games a week.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/subscribe/

Frig satellite only! Damn UPC :(

So Chicago finally lose and what a game! Its been a great season of hockey so far! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

It's a pity the ducks aren't wearing a classic mighty ducks Jersey for the stadium classic!

On another point, how the hell did the avs lose by 6 goals to the oilers?

Yeah I can't wait til this west conference gets down to the last 10 games, it's gonna be unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I won't comment on Neal, because that is for fans of other teams to debate, but what Shawn Thornton did to Brooks Orpik tonight is amongst the scummiest things I have ever seen. Absolutely classless and he deserves a long, long suspension for it.

Hope Orpik is ok.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I won't comment on Neal, because that is for fans of other teams to debate, but what Shawn Thornton did to Brooks Orpik tonight is amongst the scummiest things I have ever seen. Absolutely classless and he deserves a long, long suspension for it.

Hope Orpik is ok.

Have to agree JoeSoap. Neal's knee was unnecessary but Thornton deserves a lengthy ban for what he did. It was one of the worst incidents I have seen on the ice in a long time.

On a side note and it is insignificant in the greater scheme of things when you look at the incident above, the goal award to the Devils tonight by Toronto was scandalous. Suarez would have been proud of the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Have to agree JoeSoap. Neal's knee was unnecessary but Thornton deserves a lengthy ban for what he did. It was one of the worst incidents I have seen on the ice in a long time.

On a side note and it is insignificant in the greater scheme of things when you look at the incident above, the goal award to the Devils tonight by Toronto was scandalous. Suarez would have been proud of the finish.

Haven't seen it yet, will keep an eye out. Here is Shawn Thornton (0:12 or so, he enters from the bottom left).

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Rangers making a balls of things again tonight! How long are they going to give AV after these 2 performances! 15 goals allowed in 2 games(so far)

Tell me about. Painful to watch. The first Devils goal was kicked in, clear as day, I mean. Need to win this.

Staal in the locker room with a possible concussion.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Hope Orpik is ok.

Just seen it there that's disgusting, surely a massive ban for that! There seems to be no instigation from orpik, and Thornton just picks him out and acts as if he's in an mma ring not a hockey rink! I like a good fight but Jesus that's mad!

I hope not only the NHL but the Bruins punish him and heavily!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Absolute scumbag for that attack. Hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Thornton lost the head, hopefully Orpik is ok. On the other hand , was an enjoyable game. Great result for the Bruins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭cena

Just watching the game now thanks to this one euro offer for the month.

There really was no need for that at all.
    One thing I notice d the bruins doctor was helping out with the pens doctors which I thoughy was a nice thing to do.

Both teams really know how to put in a game. High action game so far. I'm near the end of the second period

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

Thorton's a thug, always has been. Fits right in at Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Thorntons not a thug, an idiot definitely. It was classless, and I lost a lot of respect for him watching that, and speaking as a Bruins fan, he needs to get 15 games for it. In the post game, he was distraught, and knows he has lost the respect of a lot of people due to his actions. I haven't seen a clear enough shot of the Orpik hit on Eriksson, but it did look like a head connection, and the fact Eriksson didn't have the puck may have a lot to do with it.

As for the Neal incident, it was just as classless and dangerous as what Thornton did. But the department of player safety will deal with it and that's enough I guess.

It was a great game, very enjoyable, and the Lucic v Engelland fight had the makings of a classic if they weren't both gassed.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement

Just to make ye jealous my mother is the nhl store in nyc buying me some stuff for christmas. Bro well buy something off her for me Christmas present.

sketchpad wrote: »
    Thorton's a thug, always has been. Fits right in at Boston.

Bit harsh. I think he lost the plot and his actions were completely OTT but I don't believe he is a thug.

Speaking as a Rangers fan.

cena wrote: »
    Just to make ye jealous my mother is the nhl store in nyc buying me some stuff for christmas. Bro well buy something off her for me Christmas present.

Just to make ya jealous im goin over to Boston in january and ive tickets to see jets game and predators game :)

Also, thornton aint a thug, moment of madness which he alone will have to face up to. He said hes friends with orpik off the ice. This is contact sport. This stuff will happen. The original check on Eriksson was very high, he has a history of concussions, without condoning what Thornton followed up doing that original hit may have been interpreted as a hit to take Erikkson out of the game

I would love to see the jets play. You done well getting tickets for the game they sell out fast. Who are the bruins and preds playing

watching the rangers game from last night . Not sure what I make I the nj first goal using the skate.

I've been to 2 games this year so far, canucks losing 2-1 @ home to Dallas, and avs beating wild @ home in a shootout in Denver last weekend, wild got equalizer with 6 secs left, pretty good game!

Prob get in a couple of more games b4 the end of the year!

I would love to see the jets play. You done well getting tickets for the game they sell out fast. Who are the bruins and preds playing

watching the rangers game from last night . Not sure what I make I the nj first goal using the skate.

It seemed to me that he was flying in feet first and it went in off the skates. It has to be in a 'like kicking a ball motion' to be waived off. Good decision i think.
    I follow the Bruins, i picked a period when there was 2 home games in the TD garden within 2 days of eachother. The games turned out to be winnipeg jets v bruins and Nashville Predators v bruins. Im lookin forward to it, beers and Hockey for 5 days. Bring it

I've been to 2 games this year so far, canucks losing 2-1 @ home to Dallas, and avs beating wild @ home in a shootout in Denver last weekend, wild got equalizer with 6 secs left, pretty good game!

I take it ure stateside???

Ive to fly over to see hockey. Saw Bruins and leafs last april. Januarys prob gonna be my annual visit.

MrGee wrote: »
    It seemed to me that he was flying in feet first and it went in off the skates. It has to be in a 'like kicking a ball motion' to be waived off. Good decision i think.
    I follow the Bruins, i picked a period when there was 2 home games in the TD garden within 2 days of eachother. The games turned out to be winnipeg jets v bruins and Nashville Predators v bruins. Im lookin forward to it, beers and Hockey for 5 days. Bring it
    Lucky you. When you going

You living in the states.

Last year when I was in new york I would of got at least 3 games in mgs only the season hadn't started than

• Advertisement

Lucky you. When you going

Im flying to Boston on new years day. Working through christmas so ill have new years off. Have u been to a live game before?

Advertisement