Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Regular Season 2014

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Good win for the Rangers last night against the Hawks. Picked up where we left off before the break. Things are really starting to take shape now. Nash is starting to shine too.

Sterling performance by the Cambot too with a .96 SV%.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Hoping to see Gudlevskis in the net for the Bolts tomorrow. Early game too, starts at 8PM.

Anyone watching the Pens @ Hawks tonight. Really tough conditions. An awful lot of snow falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/

Luongo to Florida for a pair of prospects.

Mike Gillis has traded Luongo and Schneider since draft day '13. He basically has Bo Horvat to show for it. They are going to run him out of town. The funny thing is that Tortorella will be driving him to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

martin st Louis to rangers for Callahan, a first round pick and a conditional second... big move for rangers!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=26809

• Advertisement

I have no idea what the Tampa Bay Lightning are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

St Louis is 38?
    I don't see the long term benefit and the team isnt good enough to compete short term imo...

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    martin st Louis to rangers for Callahan, a first round pick and a conditional second... big move for rangers!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=26809

Just caught this now. My first reaction is wtf? Ok, Cally wanted $7m, which is way too much for his type of player and I really valued him as a player. However, I would have far preferred to have gotten someone like Pacioretty, who is not in the good books at Montreal, or even Bieksa. It's done and dusted now anyway, we have to fight on with what we have. Interesting times ahead.

I agree with you smackbunnybaby, I really don't see where MSL fits into the Rangers at the moment.

Who will the Canucks have in goal now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

How did the Leafs manage to lose 8 straight? That's ridiculous. If they offer Bolland big money after the Clarkson fiasco I'm done with them. It's looking like the awful Ballard years could be superseded.

Was at the Rangers v Sens game last night. Some dreadful defending last night and a host of missed chances led to a Sens victory. Rangers only needed a point to guarantee post season hockey.

It's Carolina up next at home, followed by Buffalo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

I must say the ducks are looking Good for the Stanley this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

cena wrote: »
    I must say the ducks are looking Good for the Stanley this year

I've got a few Euro on the Blues, love to see them win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Gillis fired as gm of canucks, about time I think personally...

He has turned the club from game 7 losers three years ago to a club with little potential of reaching the finals for the foreseeable future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Gillis fired as gm of canucks, about time I think personally...

He has turned the club from game 7 losers three years ago to a club with little potential of reaching the finals for the foreseeable future!

Delighted for Gillis, can't stand the guy and the culture of hockey he has up there, next up Torts.

I'd love to see the Sabres get the Stanley cup but... :(

The state of their goalkeeping now and then is nothing short of a disgrace.

Ryan Miller was their best goalie, Enroth was the 2nd best but he's injured amongst other Sabres players. They've got a few guys from AHL called out so the the team is quite messy.

They are playing at MSG tonight. I am expecting a Rangers win but you never know. The Rangers have given away sloppy goals in their last two games. Both were turnovers in our own defensive zone. The sooner McDonagh gets back the better.

Edit : Just back from the game. It was a poor one overall. A late one timer from Nash got the win. Lots of room for improvement in the post season. I am not confident about the post season, I have to admit.

GvidoR wrote: »
    Ryan Miller was their best goalie, Enroth was the 2nd best but he's injured amongst other Sabres players. They've got a few guys from AHL called out so the the team is quite messy.

:D

I was actually referring to the Canucks!

But buffalo's isn't much better, maybe worse!

Woo! Very proud of Kristers Gudļevskis.

He made his NHL debut tonight with Tampa Bay Lightning and won with a score 3 - 2. He made 36 saves out of 38 shots on goal by Columbus Blue Jackets.

Now he goes down in history as the only player ever to play in ECHL, AHL and NHL leagues as well as the Olympics during one season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement