Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Regular Season 2014

Options
  • 05-10-2013 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

Can't see a thread for this, so here goes.

Rangers played last night. Saw the brief highlights, have the full game recorded. More of the same, i.e. terrible offense. Not too bothered as it is only one game. We have a dreadful start to the season game wise with nothing but road games until October 28th.

As for the season itself, I am hoping for a change in style under AV, to a more offensive style of hockey, a top six finish in the conference and a decent post season.

Islanders @ Devils is on now. Should be interesting. Nice to have hockey back on a Friday.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Watchin the Bruins v Red Wings game now, so great to have this type of game to look forward to, hope it's gonna be a cracker.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Watchin the Bruins v Red Wings game now, so great to have this type of game to look forward to, hope it's gonna be a cracker.

Good first period, 1-1, that Red Wings goal should not have stood. The puck hit a glove on the Red Wings bench just before that break.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bus.driver

St.Luis Blues is the team may surprise this year.They will be black horse in the Western division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Meh can't see Blues getting anywhere to be honest.

You'd be surprised.See LA how did they shocked all a few years back.

• Advertisement

Vancouver surprised me a while back, they're not supposed to make it past the 1st round!!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

I'm really excited to see if Torts can light a fire under the Canucks this year. The biggest criticism these past few years has been their perceived lack of intensity in the big games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

That Oilers Devils game last night was an epic, by the sounds of things. I'm flying out to Boston/Pittsburgh tomorrow, taking in two games in each city. Both teams unbeaten at this early stage. Penguins have looked good from what I've seen of their two games, but haven't caught much of the Bruins so far.

sketchpad wrote: »
    I'm really excited to see if Torts can light a fire under the Canucks this year. The biggest criticism these past few years has been their perceived lack of intensity in the big games.

We switched coaches and we are both excited. I think Torts will bring more of a competitive edge to you but he is far happier winning games by 2-0 as opposed to 4-1. He loves his shutouts. Fans find that frustrating.

I can't wait to see what AV will do with us. Loads of apparent offensive talent in our ranks and I think (hope) he will get the best from them. Good win last night against the Kings. Tough place to go, so I am very happy with that result.

NY Rangers-SJ Sharks 2:9 what the f..k

• Advertisement

Tomas Hertl (Sharks) amazing goal

Great goal, 9-2 though what the heck..

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Great goal, 9-2 though what the heck..

Scandalous performance. AV's reign could be very, very short if we have another performance like that. I checked a few sites to make sure the score wasn't an error when I saw it this morning.

Lol, as I type, I just got a mail from the Rangers official site with the heading, "Rangers Look to Regroup Against Anaheim". Understatement of the year there.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Rangers making a balls of things again tonight! How long are they going to give AV after these 2 performances! 15 goals allowed in 2 games(so far)

They miss Gaborik.

lol... I can see every hockey website around now "New York Epic Failers"

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Rangers making a balls of things again tonight! How long are they going to give AV after these 2 performances! 15 goals allowed in 2 games(so far)

In 5 periods of hockey to be exact. Scandalous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Great having a bit of hockey on at an early time.

Boston @Columbus on Setanta 1.

1-0 Blue Jackets.

They are such an improved side after the joke of the last few years.

Nice win for the Bruins there. 3-1, although one of those goals was when the Columbus pulled their goalie.

How are Columbus these days I always remember them to be pretty crap.

• Advertisement

St.Luis Blues so far 100%.as I said earlier,they're black horse of PP 2013/14.

Lenmeister wrote: »
    How are Columbus these days I always remember them to be pretty crap.

Progressing nicely. Play off spot contenders this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Boston @Columbus on Setanta 1.

Is there anywhere other than Setanta 1 to watch games?

Plenty of options on Internet.

Is there anywhere other than Setanta 1 to watch games?
    bus.driver wrote: »
    Plenty of options on Internet.

Try the NHL game centre. Excellent level of coverage on it. Plenty of the posters on here use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Rangers season isn't starting off too well for them. They can do so much better.

The ducks are bringing back the mighty ducks jersey for tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Come on the capitals.

I'm new to the sport and cant believe I haven't tuned in sooner. It's brilliant. I've picked myself a team and all.

Who? Edmonton? ^^

Myp2p website is where I watch everything.

Come on the capitals.

I'm new to the sport and cant believe I haven't tuned in sooner. It's brilliant. I've picked myself a team and all.

Welcome. It is a very addictive sport. Massive game tonight. Personal I think we, NY, need to win this game. It is a massive for us. LGR!!

EDIT : Great win for the Rangers last night and a SO, as a bonus. On the negative side, Cally is out with a broken thumb. Will be sidelined for the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

NJD a big disappointment so far this season. I was looking forward to watch the performance of Jagr but it's not what i could expect from him.

Advertisement