Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Regular Season 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

bus.driver wrote: »
    NJD a big disappointment so far this season. I was looking forward to watch the performance of Jagr but it's not what i could expect from him.

I think and hope it'll click for them eventually. Offense isn't the issue anyway, our veteran D-men have been awful and DeBoer has some fetish for dressing them and scratching one of Fayne or Larsson instead. VOlchenkov has been a liability for us.

A win against the Rangers tonight is really needed to boost morale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

robby^5 wrote: »
    I think and hope it'll click for them eventually. Offense isn't the issue anyway, our veteran D-men have been awful and DeBoer has some fetish for dressing them and scratching one of Fayne or Larsson instead. VOlchenkov has been a liability for us.

A win against the Rangers tonight is really needed to boost morale.

I dunno, you have lost some serious attacking power over the last few years. As for tonight, we need to push on from our performance at Washington. Another win would be great. SO would be a bonus.

Awful stuff last night. Embarrassing against a winless Devils team.

Anyway, Marty Biron has announced his retirement. Link

Not let's watch to see how Sather wastes this money ......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Hey @COYW: Can you sticky the season thread ! The psot season one can be unstickied!

Hey @COYW: Can you sticky the season thread ! The psot season one can be unstickied!

Stickied, as requested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MrGee

Great win for Boston against The Sharks, goal in last few seconds to win game.
    Not a great performance based on the 11 minutes highlights i saw but Tukka was fantastic!, lets go Bruins!! :)

MrGee wrote: »
    Great win for Boston against The Sharks, goal in last few seconds to win game.
    Not a great performance based on the 11 minutes highlights i saw but Tukka was fantastic!, lets go Bruins!! :)

Surprised they won that one to be honest. The sharks are playing really well. The Bruins have a nice run going now, as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Anyone see the incident in the Flyers v Caps game last night. Absolutely disgusted by the actions of Emery, totally classless and ðesevres suspension for the rest of the season.

I'm all for chuckin knuckles, but to hunt down a player who clearly doesn't want to fight, and even keep punching when the guy is down, is out of order.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Anyone see the incident in the Flyers v Caps game last night. Absolutely disgusted by the actions of Emery, totally classless and ðesevres suspension for the rest of the season.

I'm all for chuckin knuckles, but to hunt down a player who clearly doesn't want to fight, and even keep punching when the guy is down, is out of order.

I watched the highlights after i read your post, i suppose i agree, the fighting is fun to watch but what Emery did was pointless and probably done out of frustration( no excuse though) They were being hammered by the caps. Bit of entertainment for the flyers fans though.

Fail to see the logic in that fight. If only Emery showed as much passion between the pipes. He was dreadful last night, only came on in the 2nd period. He played really well last season for the Chicago but hasn't settled at the Flyers, just like every other goalie over the past few years. I watched most of that game but I switched it off when it turned into a hammering for the flyers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Bahahaha. Love that they gave Emery the third star with a save percentage of .733! Flyers are a joke this year.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020191&navid=sb:recap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

COYW wrote: »
    Fail to see the logic in that fight. If only Emery showed as much passion between the pipes. He was dreadful last night, only came on in the 2nd period. He played really well last season for the Chicago but hasn't settled at the Flyers, just like every other goalie over the past few years. I watched most of that game but I switched it off when it turned into a hammering for the flyers.

Says it all about the Flyers D, they can't all be bad goalies. Emery was amazing last season and would kill to have him back in Chicago instead of that sieve Khabibulin. Crawford is going to see way more ice time than he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Pavel Bure's jersey retirement was the second most overdue occasion in Canucks franchise history. Great to see it last night. HNIC pointed out that the game after was more Gino Odjick than Pavel Bure, but it's always good to thump the Leafs.

Kassian is going to get Shannabanned pretty hard, but other than that, only positives.

Luongo has really turned it around too:
    First 5: 2-3-0 0.897SV% 3.19GAA
    Last 8: 6-1-1 0.940SV% 1.84GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

tolosenc wrote: »
    Kassian is going to get Shannabanned pretty hard

Shannabanned, love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

lads are we still doing the meet up for the winter games

cena wrote: »
    lads are we still doing the meet up for the winter games

I'm interested but it depends on work etc.

Gutted with that loss last night. Felt really confident that we were going to keep that small streak going given that the game was on home ice. Difficult game against the Pens next before we hit the road again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

The week day games don't suit me at all. The ducks are doing well so far. Could we make it to the Stanley cup finals?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

cena wrote: »
    The week day games don't suit me at all. The ducks are doing well so far. Could we make it to the Stanley cup finals?

The 3 California teams, Phoenix and Vancouver in one division is crazy competitive. I think it'll hurt all of them come playoff time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Two beauties from the Stars - Red Wings game last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

A hell of a goal from Kessel tonite.

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Two beauties from the Stars - Red Wings game last night.

Two crackers there.

Did you see the Pens @ Rangers game the other night? Weird game I thought. You should have been 2 or 3 up in the first period. Completely dominant for about 15-17 mins of that period and then a few mins of defensive lapses gave us two goals. Some great saves from Henrik. Second and third periods we were pretty comfortable and needless to say I was delighted with the win.

If Crosby had put away that chance in the first minute, you would have won easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Stamkos out indefinitely. Broken fibia.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Could be out anything from 3 to 6 months, be interesting to see how Tampa get on without him! They are flying out so far this year!

Olympic roster announcement in 6 weeks, be interesting to see if canada pick him!

Depends how serious the break was and how fast he can heal!!, shame really, hes been on fire!!

Was watching the game last night when it happened and it was pretty obvious that it was serious. Here it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

They reckon he will be back in 3 months roughly, so not as bad as first thought!

If he comes back as strong as he can, I'd like to see Tampa going far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

It's bad to see a player of his calibre out like that. He will be missed but Tampa will get by, and hopefully he will come back just as strong.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Great to see the Oilers bouncing back in style against the Blue Jackets!

Regarding the Winter Olympics, what time are the games on in our time?

3-2 loss for the Rangers in Boston earlier today. Played ok and Nash scored a super goal, poor goal-tending from Rask imo, but the Bruins just had too much for us. They look like a serious outfit again this season and a great shout for the cup. Chara was immense for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

COYW wrote: »
    3-2 loss for the Rangers in Boston earlier today. Played ok and Nash scored a super goal, poor goal-tending from Rask imo, but the Bruins just had too much for us. They look like a serious outfit again this season and a great shout for the cup. Chara was immense for them.

Great game one of the best in a while the atmosphere and pace of game was amazing from start to finish the boys earned their wages tonight ;)

Advertisement