Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL Regular Season 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Its on game center thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

St Louis has a hat trick in a period, against San Jose and he's not going to the Olympics? How is this possible!

I think the Canadians could send 2 teams to the Olympics if this is the craic they are at!

Edit: 4 in 23 minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Watching the Leafs v Habs at the moment. Good game. 1-1 in the second. Prust fighting lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Anyone see the start to the Flames Canucks game, absolute bedlam. I don't see Torts rationale, that just because the Flames started with their 4th liners, The Canucks had to respond with theirs. Either way, for the last few games the Canucks have been like a bunch of thugs and I guess this was maybe gonna happen sooner or later.

I hear Torts tried to go to the Flames locker room at the intermission and had to be restrained. It would have been interesting to see the welcome he would have got.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Anyone see the start to the Flames Canucks game, absolute bedlam. I don't see Torts rationale, that just because the Flames started with their 4th liners, The Canucks had to respond with theirs. Either way, for the last few games the Canucks have been like a bunch of thugs and I guess this was maybe gonna happen sooner or later.

I hear Torts tried to go to the Flames locker room at the intermission and had to be restrained. It would have been interesting to see the welcome he would have got.

Crazy scenes to say the least. Don't get Tortorella's problem either, you can put out whatever line you choose. He's nothing but a bum and has found his perfect job with the Canucks. Loved the way Heartly just ignored him. Will be interesting to see if any action is taken against him.

• Advertisement

I didn't see the game but I was wondering what was going on with them. I have Bieksa in my fantasy team and he has 40 points in PIMS this week. Insane stuff. Bit unfair to call Torts a bum. He is a very good coach and I think he will do well with them. Matching up the fourth lines at the start of the game is common for him. I recall him doing the exact same thing against the Devils at MSG on more than one occasion.

COYW wrote: »
    I didn't see the game but I was wondering what was going on with them. I have Bieksa in my fantasy team and he has 40 points in PIMS this week. Insane stuff. Bit unfair to call Torts a bum. He is a very good coach and I think he will do well with them. Matching up the fourth lines at the start of the game is common for him. I recall him doing the exact same thing against the Devils at MSG on more than one occasion.

He's an angry little man and imposes his personality onto his team's. The rangers were not the cleanest of team's and now the Canucks have gone from a bunch of moaners to goons. He's a good coach but a total dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭mickydcork

Bruins lose at Chicago in the shootout.

Great game, real back and forth stuff, physical with great chances for both teams.

Both goalies were outstanding.

Shootouts suck though. Total gimmick.

I'm happy with the tie game in this situation.

mickydcork wrote: »
    Bruins lose at Chicago in the shootout.

Great game, real back and forth stuff, physical with great chances for both teams.

Both goalies were outstanding.

Shootouts suck though. Total gimmick.

I'm happy with the tie game in this situation.

Game was the same as the Cup finals with nothing to choose between both teams. Very enjoyable and delighted with the result.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Game was the same as the Cup finals with nothing to choose between both teams. Very enjoyable and delighted with the result.

Yup. I was not happy with the result (Bruins fan).

I'd love to see another meeting in the final between these two teams. Both great teams as you say.

I just think Chicago are still the class of the NHL and have just a bit too much skill and speed for the Bruins.

I'm not sure, who can stop them really?

Maybe the Blues or the Kings?

• Advertisement

mickydcork wrote: »
    Yup. I was not happy with the result (Bruins fan).

I'd love to see another meeting in the final between these two teams. Both great teams as you say.

I just think Chicago are still the class of the NHL and have just a bit too much skill and speed for the Bruins.

I'm not sure, who can stop them really?

Maybe the Blues or the Kings?
    The west is very tight for top four this year. Hawks looked very evenly matched against the Ducks the other night even though we nearly choked at the end. Always fancy the Blues but they just can't seem to manage it at the crunch. They are screwed if they don't win all those games in hand, their schedule is going to be busy. I'll go for a Hawks-Ducks conference final if they can stay apart in the draw but still way to early to call.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    The west is very tight for top four this year. Hawks looked very evenly matched against the Ducks the other night even though we nearly choked at the end. Always fancy the Blues but they just can't seem to manage it at the crunch. They are screwed if they don't win all those games in hand, their schedule is going to be busy. I'll go for a Hawks-Ducks conference final if they can stay apart in the draw but still way to early to call.

Forgot about the Ducks!

They are totally flying!

Big, physical team with great skill. 4 lines. Perry and Getzlaf!

They'll take some stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

The girlfriend and I have booked our flights to Canada - we have brought tickets for 5 games so far, we might be able to make 2 more train times permitting ..... cant wait :)

We are going to Montreal, Ottawa and Toronoto .... any suggestions on what else we could do while we are there?

Watching the Caps @ Habs. 4-0 to the Caps and Price has been pulled. Holtby has only faced 4 shots so far. Rangers v Devils in Yankee Stadium tomorrow @ 530. Can't wait.
    The girlfriend and I have booked our flights to Canada - we have brought tickets for 5 games so far, we might be able to make 2 more train times permitting ..... cant wait :)

We are going to Montreal, Ottawa and Toronoto .... any suggestions on what else we could do while we are there?

What games are you going to? I am going to the last three Rangers home games and will be in Texas for the last Dallas game but that is a three hour drive away from Houston, so I doubt that I can get to that one but I'll try.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

You can visit hockey hall of fame in Toronto.

...and Tim Horton's of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Screens with 59 saves in a shutout for the oilers, that's unnatural...

An NHL record... For a keeper to face 59 shots in 60 mins and save every single one of them!

For a team to allow 59 shots is absolutely chronic though!

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Screens with 59 saves in a shutout for the oilers, that's unnatural...

An NHL record... For a keeper to face 59 shots in 60 mins and save every single one of them!

For a team to allow 59 shots is absolutely chronic though!

Add to that the 22 blocked shot, and you wonder how Edmonton even had any time in the game to have 27 shots of their own.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Don't want to hex things but the Rangers are playing some lovely hockey at the moment. Things are really starting to click now and we are on a streak of W4 with the Oilers up next followed by the Pens on the road the night after. This break is probably coming for us at the wrong time and it could end up doing more harm than good.

We really need to get the Cally situation sorted soon. He has been an incredible pro of late, turning in top class performances each night, scored twice last night, when you consider all the trade speculation that surrounds him. I would be devastated to see him, our captain, go and it could knock the wind out of our sails too.

Crazy thing is they won't pay him what he wants and deserves but anyone they bring in to replace him would probably beon the same wage as what he is looking for I am baffled by the whole thing and hope its resolved soon! :(

Crazy thing is they won't pay him what he wants and deserves but anyone they bring in to replace him would probably beon the same wage as what he is looking for I am baffled by the whole thing and hope its resolved soon! :(

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    You can visit hockey hall of fame in Toronto.

...and Tim Horton's of course!

The Hall of fame is on the cards, they actually had a Nottingham Panthers (my local team) shirt on display there recently, though I think it might have been taken down now.

All the NHL games have been brought - we have managed to get to 7 in three weeks, which I think is pretty good. We even managed to fit in a Habs v Bruins (my other half's fav team) game.

Most of the games we are up in the gods - but in Ottawa we have seats very close to the pen box when they play the rangers .... I cant wait, already counting down the days till we fly out!

Games that we will see:-

Habs v Bruins
    Habs v Sens
    Sens v Avs
    Sens v Rangers
    Leafs v Tampa
    Leafs v Habs
    Leafs v Blues

Most of the games we are up in the gods - but in Ottawa we have seats very close to the pen box when they play the rangers .... I cant wait, already counting down the days till we fly out!

I used to sit in the seats lower down, the more expensive ones, from time to time at MSG and they were/are really expensive. I always take the seats up in the upper tier now though.

Personally, I find that the cheaper seats up high are populated by season ticket holders and people who go all the time. The atmosphere and craic in those sections is much better than the more expensive sections. That being said, it is nice to get a seat really close to the ice from time to time, so you have got the balance right imo.

Well that's good to know - I cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Shocking news about Kris Letang having suffered a stroke. Get well soon.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=704165

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Terrible news, hope he makes a full recovery.

Shocking performance from the Hawks last night coming into the Olympic break. They looked very ordinary without Kane.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

Wow, shocking news. I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Very shocking to hear about Letang, hope he is ok and gets better soon.

Good to see the Bruins go into the break on the back of a great game. Bergeron was brilliant tonight, brilliant display of his skill level, and we could have had a good few more. The more I see of Soderberg, the more I like him, growing into the game well, and playing a stronger game.

Looking forward to the Olympics now, good to see some of the guys that normally play together, playing on opposing sides.

Season back to normal tomorrow. :)

Yep, that break flew by. I hope the Rangers can pick up where they left off.

• Advertisement

Flew by probably because we were watching olympic ice hockey :P

Advertisement