Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭doc_17

Plenty of Milford players on the Minor squad requested to attend on Saturday morning, 6 compared to St Eunan’s 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

doc_17 wrote: »
    Plenty of Milford players on the Minor squad requested to attend on Saturday morning, 6 compared to St Eunan’s 2.

Is there a list doing the rounds?

Is there a list doing the rounds?

Was emailed to clubs. 45 players in total.

Senior Champ seeded next year. 4 semi finalists are to be kept apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Mark McHugh added to the Fermanagh Minor coaching ticket.

Some kind of karma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bob skunkhouse

Anyone remember how much the u16 tickets where for the league this year? I can't remember was it free or did they charge a fiver.

Thks

So Jason McGee looks like missing 6 months or so.

But, the following have been called into the panel

Cian Mulligan
    Michael Carroll
    Enda McCormick
    Tony McCleneghan
    Andrew McLean
    Aaron Deeney
    Conor O'Donnell (St Eunans)
    Conor Morrison

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

No mention of Odhran there, presumably, has he said no or are they still waiting on a decision from him? Hopefully Micheal can stick at it, he's a player who has the potential to really add to the team.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    No mention of Odhran there, presumably, has he said no or are they still waiting on a decision from him? Hopefully Micheal can stick at it, he's a player who has the potential to really add to the team.

We’re light enough in the league (worse if Glenties win). Expect Carroll will get plenty of opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

We’re light enough in the league (worse if Glenties win). Expect Carroll will get plenty of opportunity.

The club final is on the week before the league starts so you'd imagine the glenties players would be back fairly soon even if they were to make the final.

I presume Murphy and Neil McGee won't play the first three league games. Eoin Ban still injured, anyone hear anything else about what McBrearty is up to this year?

• Advertisement

If we rest Murphy and McGee then we are asking for relegation. Especially with PMB not available this year for the league.

If we rest Murphy and McGee then we are asking for relegation. Especially with PMB not available this year for the league.

I'd take relegation if it meant those two were fresh for championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,911 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I can see a very good reason to rest them both, but would be happier to have them around for the first game against Mayo in Ballybofey and look at resting them after that.
    Making a good start against them, especially with us at home could make a big difference as to where we end up in the league.

Momentum is important. Getting relegated will do us no good. And not deleting them for league games is not the same as resting them. Away to Dublin 2018, Murphy comes on with 10 left. Makes little impact and after the game the shi**e was ran outta him up and down the fieldS that game was in the balance when he came in. Had he started we might have won/drawn and stayed up.

We need to be in Division 1.

Momentum is important. Getting relegated will do us no good. And not deleting them for league games is not the same as resting them. Away to Dublin 2018, Murphy comes on with 10 left. Makes little impact and after the game the shi**e was ran outta him up and down the fieldS that game was in the balance when he came in. Had he started we might have won/drawn and stayed up.

We need to be in Division 1.

But that decision had been made months before.

It's more important to manage these players properly than to get caught up with league performance.

Under Gallagher we had a consistent league performance because he played with nearly a full hand instead of being a bit smarter about it. Needless to say we did nothing in any of the sorry summers he was in charge.

It would be nice to stay in division 1, its not the end of the world if we don't.

We won’t win Sam if we’re not in Div 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭overshoot

True... We got stuck with runner up in 2014...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Everything has changed following the announcement today. Game on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,911 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Everything has changed following the announcement today. Game on.

Hopefully, but if I had a choice of one to go from the Dublin set-up it would be Cluxton.

Dessie Farrell I imagine will be the favourite to take over. Doubt if Pat Gilroy will go for it, but I have a feeling that the right hand man from Leitrim, Declan Darcy, might be the surprise package and things might not change that much.

Kevin Cassidy let himself down badly today with that tweet. And to think of all the support they got last year from everyone in Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Kevin Cassidy let himself down badly today with that tweet. And to think of all the support they got last year from everyone in Donegal.

I don't think he has. He's so low in my estimation at this stage, a tweet like that is all I'd expect from him

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭moghrasa

Very disappointing for Naomh Conaill. Just a little slow out of the blocks in the second half and ultimately it was the goal that cost them. Did very well to bring it back to within a score after being 6 down but unfortunately it was too little too late.

I get the feeling that we are in a bit of a golden era in Donegal, and fingers crossed our county champions become common participants in Ulster finals moving forward, I’ve really enjoyed seeing Gaoth Dobhair and Naomh Conaill’s success these last two years.

Club success has no real correlation with county All Ireland success as far as I can remember. It’s like the MacRory Cup and Minor Teams.

The last 24 hours have reminded me of the Derry club football and county rancour that has existed for years. Club players are hateful to each other and then are expected to play with and for each other on county duty. It can’t work. We had a taste in 2013 what that was like.

If 2 of our top teams continue to be hateful to each other it’ll spell a serious amount of discord in the ranks. Wonder was Declan on to Carroll last night and that’s why he put out the tweet saying there was nothing to the allegations of sledging in the county final?

And I wonder how many other clubs, maybe the other elite ones, will look to increase the frequency and viciousness of their sledging?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rrs

What was Cassidy trying to achieve with the Tweet.? Apart from it being needless, it was disprectful, and also giving his own club a bad image.

He's obviously still bitter from being axed by Donegal, as NC are McGuinness club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

The last 24 hours have reminded me of the Derry club football and county rancour that has existed for years. Club players are hateful to each other and then are expected to play with and for each other on county duty. It can’t work. We had a taste in 2013 what that was like.

If 2 of our top teams continue to be hateful to each other it’ll spell a serious amount of discord in the ranks. Wonder was Declan on to Carroll last night and that’s why he put out the tweet saying there was nothing to the allegations of sledging in the county final?

And I wonder how many other clubs, maybe the other elite ones, will look to increase the frequency and viciousness of their sledging?

Agreed Doc. Hopefully Declan was not trying to brush it under the carpet though by ignoring it, hopefully he (or someone in authority) is getting the lads involved to sit down and sort it out. The sledging will only get worse if not tackled and as you say, it's very unhealthy for the county scene.
    As for Kevin, it's not the first time (I wish I could believe it would be the last). I wish he would leave his talking to the pitch ... and no I don't mean that kind of talking! :p

I have seen the Cassidy tweet. It was in poor enough taste but far from the worst.

What am I missing re Carroll? What did he say/Tweet?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I have seen the Cassidy tweet. It was in poor enough taste but far from the worst.

What am I missing re Carroll? What did he say/Tweet?

He said nothing was said by Naomh Conaill to any Garth Dobhair man. Check out his twitter feed. I guess EMG just hit him for no reason.

He said nothing was said by Naomh Conaill to any Garth Dobhair man. Check out his twitter feed. I guess EMG just hit him for no reason.

Interesting. For any number of reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Murt15

There was a tweet (since deleted) accusing NC players of bringing up the names of 2 deceased Gweedore players. I think Carroll was just clarifying that particular accusation.

Advertisement