Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Why are you so thankful that its not being shown on tg4?

Very disappointing that there's no coverage available anywhere, Donegal GAA Twitter gives the following reason

A chairde - in response to all the inquiries the County final today between
    @gaothdobhairclg
    and
    @NaomhConaillGAA
    is not being streamed. The Broadcasting Agreement with TG4 and RTE does not permit
    @officialdonegal
    to stream when they are showing live matches. Apologies.

i dont get this , the clare football final was streamed live under the clare gaa youtube channel today , which surly clashed with tg4 coverage ,

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Not sure but maybe something to do with showing games in Donegal already this season

Not sure but maybe something to do with showing games in Donegal already this season

is it a paid subscription or is it free ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pmcb

Redsoxfan wrote:
    Martin McHugh doing the commentary on Highland with Kilcoyne playing the McHugh role.

Anyone listening to Highland today?

I couldn't be at the game today due to work but the commentary on Highland was good. I'll definitely be there Wednesday night.

Thought Martin McHugh did alright but christ he had some horn on him for Glenties to win it. The excitement in his voice in that 2nd half of extra time when Glenties had the ball!! Has he relations from Glenties or something?

Some effort from both sets of players to go to the well again 8pm Wednesday night and to face an Ulster semi on Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

i dont get this , the clare football final was streamed live under the clare gaa youtube channel today , which surly clashed with tg4 coverage ,

What time was the Clare Final on at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

pmcb wrote: »
    Anyone listening to Highland today?

I couldn't be at the game today due to work but the commentary on Highland was good. I'll definitely be there Wednesday night.

Thought Martin McHugh did alright but christ he had some horn on him for Glenties to win it. The excitement in his voice in that 2nd half of extra time when Glenties had the ball!! Has he relations from Glenties or something?

Some effort from both sets of players to go to the well again 8pm Wednesday night and to face an Ulster semi on Sunday...

Re Martin McHugh, we thought the same, he was basically willing a Glenties man to go for that winner..
    Will also be there Wednesday night, I think there will be some crowd at it..

At least they had the sense to call off the Glenties u21 match tomorrow..

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    What time was the Clare Final on at?

It's what I was thinking afterwards, it threw in at 2pm the tg4 coverage didn't start until 3 I think

It's what I was thinking afterwards, it threw in at 2pm the tg4 coverage didn't start until 3 I think

TG4 live game was at 3.30 iirc. They showed highlights of DSFC Semi Finals at 3.00.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Gaoth Dobhair native Ciarán Ó Fearraigh captained Ratoath yesterday to their first ever Meath Senior Football title.

So

Both teams seemed to want additional extra time and then penalties yesterday. But they weren't asked.

And, they haven't responded or been asked re penalties on Wednesday.

A replay on Saturday still seems possible....

• Advertisement

Wednesday replay will be streamed live by the County Board - 5 euro to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭doc_17

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    So

Both teams seemed to want additional extra time and then penalties yesterday. But they weren't asked.

And, they haven't responded or been asked re penalties on Wednesday.

A replay on Saturday still seems possible....

I heard a reporter say that both clubs were emailed on Thursday regarding finishing it on the day but neither of them replied.

doc_17 wrote:
    I heard a reporter say that both clubs were emailed on Thursday regarding finishing it on the day but neither of them replied.

For something that urgent, I would be following up with a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Only good thing about the replay tonight is that Jimmy White can't referee it again! Shocking display on Sunday.

Have Naomh Conaill checked their email yet?

Hmm, dodgy winning point?

Sounds like Gaoth Dobhair not really at the races with 2 red cards and a black card. MacNiallais marked out of it, that's why I don't really fancy him at County as much as others.

Some effort by Naomh Conaill after losing the last two. Comhghairdeas and good luck in Cavan on Sunday.

Bit sore about that one tbh. I think it was taken from them on Sunday by some very poor refereeing decisions. That said you have to hand it to Glenties, they're one tough set of characters and know how to play on the edge but still keep their discipline - something a few of our lads struggle with (and to match). They earned their win and hopefully it hasn't taken too much out of them for Sunday. Adh mor lads.
    The one bright point as a Gaoth Dobhair man was the performances of Micheal Carroll over the trilogy. Hopefully he can get back on board with Declan and become part of the panel again as he is the type of player we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭rrs

Glenties made the Ulster Club final in 2010. Is there many of that team still there? , Anthony Thompson, Leo McGloone, Brick Molloy would still be there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Carroll was excellent.

Naomh Conaill are a credit. The way they've come back having shipped back defeats in 16,17,18 and to turn over a great side in Gaoth Dobhair, it's very impressive.

Re: the point. There is a better quality image doing the rounds that looks clearly over. The TV footage was impossible to judge with certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Jizique

Carroll was excellent.

Naomh Conaill are a credit. The way they've come back having shipped back defeats in 16,17,18 and to turn over a great side in Gaoth Dobhair, it's very impressive.

Re: the point. There is a better quality image doing the rounds that looks clearly over. The TV footage was impossible to judge with certainty.

The keeper had no issue with it - he picked up a ball and the tee fierce quick and ran to get the game back under way

• Advertisement

Heard why there was a red issued on Wednesday. If it’s true I’d still be there hitting him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

doc_17 wrote: »
    Heard why there was a red issued on Wednesday. If it’s true I’d still be there hitting him now.

Any chance you could share, even with a DM? Seemed very uncharacteristic

Pray tell Doc

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Pray tell Doc

I’d rather no be too specific as this is a publishing platform. But it was sledging, and it was over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Jizique

doc_17 wrote: »
    I’d rather no be too specific as this is a publishing platform. But it was sledging, and it was over the line.

Was the card for sledging which ref heard or for his reaction to sledging he received which was not heard by ref?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Good to see Murphy's super season rewarded with an All Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Fully deserved. Delighted for him.

doc_17 wrote:

I'd well believe it. Éamon is a tolerant sort.

Jizique wrote: »
    Was the card for sledging which ref heard or for his reaction to sledging he received which was not heard by ref?

His reaction.

• Advertisement

All that soccer in Inishowen pays off as Buncrana win their Ulster Semi Final on penalties.

Advertisement