Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1028

I heard the panel will be used.

The last panel will not be used for this process, I knwo guys that were on it the lay time and had to go through the whole process again. There is a good chance of whoever makes the panel this time will be taken on in the near future because the airport is constantly growing so if it hits 25m passengers per year with the addition of a new runway, a second fire station has to be built in order to achieve response times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭two4two

1028 wrote: »
    The last panel will not be used for this process, I knwo guys that were on it the lay time and had to go through the whole process again. There is a good chance of whoever makes the panel this time will be taken on in the near future because the airport is constantly growing so if it hits 25m passengers per year with the addition of a new runway, a second fire station has to be built in order to achieve response times

I was told by an officer up there that the new sub station won't affect manning levels but rather resources will be assigned there so say 1 major with a crew operate out of there each shift rather than all in the one station. I stand to be corrected but this is what I was told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

My interview was a month ago and no contact. Unbelievable

Have you made contact with HR for an update Fire1985 ? They are really nice people so perhaps they would happily update you on the progress?

two4two wrote: »
    Have you made contact with HR for an update Fire1985 ? They are really nice people so perhaps they would happily update you on the progress?

I did last week and they said I'd hear by end of this week.

• Advertisement

I look forward to the end of the week so this hell hole of a situation will officially be over

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gsxrballer

I look forward to the end of the week so this hell hole of a situation will officially be over

Why will it be over by the end of the week?? I doubt that very much

gsxrballer wrote: »
    Why will it be over by the end of the week?? I doubt that very much

They want to give people 1 months notice to their current employers is what somebody in DAA told me and the poster above confirmed this with DAA HR during the week. Who knows tho. Are you in the mix or have you had your medical gsxrballer?

They want to give people 1 months notice to their current employers is what somebody in DAA told me and the poster above confirmed this with DAA HR during the week. Who knows tho. Are you in the mix or have you had your medical gsxrballer?

I have my medical this week and got the call for it late last week....so its going to take a week or two to get back to people about these medicals I assume....and I am nearly sure I heard the start date was a provisional date and subject to slight change .....

I have my medical this week and got the call for it late last week....so its going to take a week or two to get back to people about these medicals I assume....and I am nearly sure I heard the start date was a provisional date and subject to slight change .....

Ye she told me in interview that 4th August start but could change if there was any hold ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Did they tell you a panel number by any chance?

Did they tell you a panel number by any chance?

No never any mention of a panel.....hard to know what's happening

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gtodaizza

No never any mention of a panel.....hard to know what's happening

I have been told that if you do a Medical and pass it you will be offered and untill there quota for the jobs have been filled with everyone passing the Medical and accepting the job offers it will only be then they will announce if you have made it to the panel however if people don't accept job or fail medical keep ur phone on standby just incase so I'm told

They did things backwards. DFB create a panel and everyone is notified of same then when they need a class to start they call up x amount to medicals and you eat up the panel until you achieve the set number for that class. This way everyone knows where they stand and it is clear from day 1 of the panel being released where you are in regards to the last panel number called.

The way the airport did it was slightly skewed in that nobody knows where they stand except those who got called. Along with this the people left stranded don't know where they stand on the panel and are in limbo.

I have my job looking to send me away in 2 weeks abroad on business and I don't know what to say to them as I don't have a clue where I stand and if I say no then I need a good excuse and if I say yes I will be out of the country fro 28 days.

Disaster all round

is why twofortwo

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fire1916

Ok guys here is where I stand, as far as I am aware some people have been called for medicals but nobody has been offered a job - as for the Chiefs son, perhaps he has got through- is there any reason why he should not have been as deserving as anyone else to go for a job?

If he has got through I hope he does not read the above comment, it would make me feel like s h I t e if I was him and read it!

my last message was in jest.

I couldn't care if he got it or not.

I wasn't talking about any individuals. I was saying Why not just give out panel numbers??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fire1916

When I said nepotism I wasn't talking about any individuals. I was saying that the complete lack of transparency points to nepotism. Why not just give out panel numbers??

The message that was posted after that has been deleted!

fire1916 wrote: »
    The message that was posted after that has been deleted!

Oh right. That's the first I heard the chiefs son was going for the job and if he's following in his fathers footsteps I don't think anyone can begrudge him. There's been generations of firefighters as long as there's been forefoghting. Same as gardai, electricians or any profession so best of luck to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

Anyone hear anything more since last week?

I didn't realise this chat existed until today! Looks a lot to take in.

Can't believe that I've not heard a word yet. Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gtodaizza

A few guys I know got word back last Friday to say they were unsuccessful I have also heard of 2 guys failing the medicals so I think the starting group still hasn't been finalized yet hopefully by the end of this week we will all be put in our place

great thanks, yeah I heard a guy turned it down and another failed the medical so I would say it's not going as smoothly as they would have liked! Hopefully hear soon.

I received a panel number via snail mail. in the top 10 on that panel.

How did the rest of you chaps fair out?

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bombero

megabantz wrote: »
    I received a panel number via snail mail. in the top 10 on that panel.

How did the rest of you chaps fair out?

David.

Really? In the post!!? What date is the course starting? I got nothing in the post this morning.. I wonder can I ring them and find out... Anyone else get a panel number?

I got top 10 also . It says the first intake of recruits starts in August and the panel is for future vacancies.

Panel active until January 2017

So did you guys do medicals last week? Are you starting in August? Or are you on the panel for future jobs?

Did anyone get a job offer yet?

Bombero wrote: »
    So did you guys do medicals last week? Are you starting in August? Or are you on the panel for future jobs?

Did anyone get a job offer yet?

No I didn't do a medical. Not starting in August either.

Panel number is for future jobs.

If they're taking on 18 in August I'm placed between 18 and 30 overall

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update, I had medical last week so just waiting to hear hopefully good news :)

Advertisement