Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gtodaizza

I'm in the mid teens on the panel my references were contacted on Monday about me I think the panel is 30 but I'm not sure I do know somebody number in the mid 20's tho so who knows maybe they are going to comprise another group to start as soon as the first class is finished who knows what they are up to? But I have heard they are short quite a few numbers up there so maybe they will use the panel after all

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kidasa

I'm well down on the panel so there no way I'll be getting a call. Also they contacted a friends references aswell which makes me think they are checking the whole panel.

Did your references get a call yet Squirrel?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Kidasa wrote: »
    Did your references get a call yet Squirrel?

Yes they did last week. Would love to know what the story is.

Iv been told that they have asked for everyone's reference and that they will more then likely all going well be taking on another class early next year asking for everyone's reference is to do with the fact that it won't nessaceraly be the first 14 from. The panel it will be the 14 that pass the Medical So anyone on the panel keep praying but hopefully the wait won't be too long.

gtodaizza wrote: »
    Iv been told that they have asked for everyone's reference and that they will more then likely all going well be taking on another class early next year asking for everyone's reference is to do with the fact that it won't nessaceraly be the first 14 from. The panel it will be the 14 that pass the Medical So anyone on the panel keep praying but hopefully the wait won't be too long.

Early next year? How good is your source?

• Advertisement

Early next year? How good is your source?

He has been fairly spot on so far so hopefully it stays that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

How are the recruits getting on does anybody know?

I think being on the panel and not knowing is exactly what it felt like during the process when you wouldn't have a clue whats going on.... gonna be a stressful long wait hoping to hear of some good news that a new class will start!

Well lads anyone hear any rumours good or bad lately? Is it likely they will be taking in another class from the panel/how big will the next class be/when will it be?
    Or is it time to move on?
    Would really love to know either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Well lads anyone hear any rumours good or bad lately? Is it likely they will be taking in another class from the panel/how big will the next class be/when will it be?
    Or is it time to move on?
    Would really love to know either way.

I'd move on if I was you.,you'll hear all the rumours you ask for but you should just move on and if you're called then make a decision.

Fire1985 wrote: »
    I'd move on if I was you.,you'll hear all the rumours you ask for but you should just move on and if you're called then make a decision.

I agree with the above post but the latest rumor I have heard through the grapevine and one or two up there that they intend on using upto 10 in the new year - this is their intention but nothing is definite or signed off from what I know. Nobody knows but if your outside the panel number 10 give or take a few then I would say you would be lucky to be stepping foot in the door. Who knows tho anything is possible and nothing is guaranteed except the panel will dissolve on Jan 1st 2016 so lets pray before then something gives!

• Advertisement

Cheers for the reply lads. Does anyone know how many have been used of the panel?
    Time to move on I think I'd need them to take on more than ten to stand a chance.

one or two I think were used, I could be wrong tho. Somebody else might know more

Now that dublin fire brigade will be recruiting (process starting next month) it will be interesting to see who jumps ship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

megabantz wrote: »
    Now that dublin fire brigade will be recruiting (process starting next month) it will be interesting to see who jumps ship!

I'd be surprised if DFB recruit externally next month with the internal competition ongoing.

Who know though

Fire1985 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if DFB recruit externally next month with the internal competition ongoing.

Who know though

the external comp is made up of a few call takers and the rest of the last internal recruitment panel and this is separate to the public jobs side of the recruitment so anything is possible. its rumored that they want a class around June so it will commence soon if not this side of xmas very soon after given the length of the competition is usually 4-6 months depending how smooth it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Next month? Source?

ah come on do you not watch movies?? you never reveal your source ha! Who knows to be honest but its come from a number of DFB personnel so it is what it is, don't take it too serious but thats whats doing the rounds

Well there yous go I wasn't pulling your legs, check publicjobs.ie under firefighter :) not quite next month but close :D

Well there yous go I wasn't pulling your legs, check publicjobs.ie under firefighter :) not quite next month but close :D

I never once doubted you!!!!!
    Cheers!!!

Are many from the airport fire service panel applying or are yous holding off in the hope the new year rumour is true?

• Advertisement

Don't be silly go for Dfb don't put everything in the faith of a rumour the airport passing out parade is tomorrow hope all goes well for those who are left in the group best of look girls and boys

Exactly. I presume everyone on the panel will be applying for the dfb. Sure there isn't even a guarantee that the airport will take in another class. And I'm presuming a lot of those that got the job will be applying aswell to keep their options open.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

Are they putting a new runway in the airport? If so does this mean another fire station so maybe a new recruits course in 2016?

123kid2014 wrote: »
    Are they putting a new runway in the airport? If so does this mean another fire station so maybe a new recruits course in 2016?
    IT will be years before a new runway is built. If they're taking in a new class it will have nothing to do with a new runway.

IT will be years before a new runway is built. If they're taking in a new class it will have nothing to do with a new runway.

The new runway will also (from what im told by a senior FF up there) NOT have any impact on manning levels but perhaps re allocation of resources to a sub station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oneway1

Any news on a recruit course for 2016

oneway1 wrote: »
    Any news on a recruit course for 2016

From what Ive heard myself there will be a class in 2016. The question is when!! And what I'd really love to know is how many they are gonna take on!!

From what Ive heard myself there will be a class in 2016. The question is when!! And what I'd really love to know is how many they are gonna take on!!

I have heard that it will be March now I don't know how True that is but that is what I have heard and how many will depend on the number of people that might retire this year let's all hope it's another big class or even 2 if anyone has any info please post up

I heard January... then it was Feb all of a sudden and then I heard they really want a class but theres no agreement with DAA (budget issue of all things would you believe!) and now it's possibly March..... The OH is getting a bit fed up of not being able to plan anything this year when we have friends booking weeks away here and there and we can't out of fear I might miss that long awaited call :(

• Advertisement

I heard January... then it was Feb all of a sudden and then I heard they really want a class but theres no agreement with DAA (budget issue of all things would you believe!) and now it's possibly March..... The OH is getting a bit fed up of not being able to plan anything this year when we have friends booking weeks away here and there and we can't out of fear I might miss that long awaited call :(
    I was having the same issue pal best bet is to book and try get a booking that you can cancel last minute cause at the end of the day the panel lasts an untill jan17 which is a year away you can't waste a year of your life waiting on a phone call that might not happen the reality is if you get called and something is booked worst case you can't go but someone else can best case u get a holiday and get called aswell don't put life on hold for this if things change I'm sure like myself you will do anything in your power to get this job trust your gut and hope for the best pal! Have you heard anything back from DFB or did you apply?

Advertisement