Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

gtodaizza wrote: »
    I was having the same issue pal best bet is to book and try get a booking that you can cancel last minute cause at the end of the day the panel lasts an untill jan17 which is a year away you can't waste a year of your life waiting on a phone call that might not happen the reality is if you get called and something is booked worst case you can't go but someone else can best case u get a holiday and get called aswell don't put life on hold for this if things change I'm sure like myself you will do anything in your power to get this job trust your gut and hope for the best pal! Have you heard anything back from DFB or did you apply?

Yeah this is the best approach. It's not too bad I guess as im only back after being away down under for the xmas but you know women and their trips away she wont let up :D!

Yeah I applied, through to stage 2 so hoping this progresses through to at least interview with a bit of hard work and luck! How about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gtodaizza

megabantz wrote: »
    Yeah this is the best approach. It's not too bad I guess as im only back after being away down under for the xmas but you know women and their trips away she wont let up :D!

Yeah I applied, through to stage 2 so hoping this progresses through to at least interview with a bit of hard work and luck! How about yourself?
    Ye same pal my missus is the same and I'm only back from New York ye pal through to the next stage supervised assessment think it goes fitness (cpat) then interview then medical all going well best of luck with it pal and sure if ya hear any more info on DFB or APFS throw an oul post up yeðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

DFB do the CPAT after the interview. Stage 3 is Interview.

The airport did the CPAT before the main Interview which I think makes more sense but perhaps DFB dont want to be testing everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

From what I heard, and this is defo not concrete, that there would be a class summertime. So I'm surprised to hear you to lads mention Jan, Feb , March as proposed dates. You hear them months from decent enough sources lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

Anymore rumours on a class lads?

• Advertisement

123kid2014 wrote: »
    Anymore rumours on a class lads?
    I heard summertime myself. How big the class will be I've no idea. You hear anything yourself?

I heard summertime myself. How big the class will be I've no idea. You hear anything yourself?

Didn't hear a thing. Doubt it'll happen .

Didn't hear a thing. Doubt it'll happen .
    Why so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oneway1

I doubt daa will waste a panel off potential firefighters .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

oneway1 wrote: »
    I doubt daa will waste a panel off potential firefighters .

Did they not do this with the last panel? They let it run its 18month duration and scrapped it. The panel will be void come 1st Jan 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

It costs them nothing to have people sitting on a panel. My own opinion is the panel will lapse. If you look at DFB as an example, it took strike action to force the hand. I know DAA is not DCC but it's all about money.

KiloDelta wrote: »
    It costs them nothing to have people sitting on a panel. My own opinion is the panel will lapse. If you look at DFB as an example, it took strike action to force the hand. I know DAA is not DCC but it's all about money.

I agree. I have heard a lot of good talk about a class going in this year but can't see it happening from speaking to somebody in DAA HR that I know.

stoller wrote: »
    I agree. I have heard a lot of good talk about a class going in this year but can't see it happening from speaking to somebody in DAA HR that I know.
    I rang HR on Tuesday and they said they were expecting a class this year but couldn't say when.

I rang HR on Tuesday and they said they were expecting a class this year but couldn't say when.

Yeah they will tell you this and the word in the station is they want a class so your right but there is a lot of politics going on in the background that's putting uncertainty into the whole thing. Apparently something to do with changing shift patterns and trying to come to agreement on a few other things before this will happen.

Time will tell but fingers crossed they use it.

You rang HR, that's positive from them but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm 9-10 on the panel so not getting hopes up.

You rang HR, that's positive from them but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm 9-10 on the panel so not getting hopes up.

Im top 5 myself but as you say I will believe it when im sitting in the station with the uniform on the back with a big smile on my face :)

Anyone on here get date for interview yet for DFB? I also heard the chances of another class for airport is very slim seems like there is some kind of issue with HR or something don't know a whole lot only doesn't look good but hopefully I'm wrong.

Anyone on here get date for interview yet for DFB? I also heard the chances of another class for airport is very slim seems like there is some kind of issue with HR or something don't know a whole lot only doesn't look good but hopefully I'm wrong.
    got my date for next week. What issue did you hear was going on?

got my date for next week. What issue did you hear was going on?

Ahh nice one pal best of luck with it what number you get for Dfb?
    Em didn't hear the exact issue but just heard it is to do with HR that's all I have unfortunately

Ahh nice one pal best of luck with it what number you get for Dfb?
    Em didn't hear the exact issue but just heard it is to do with HR that's all I have unfortunately
    Disaster!!!
    I'm outside top
    Did You throw your hat in the ring for dfb?

• Advertisement

I have heard something similar about their being an issue which is putting the possibility of a class in limbo. It's a shame as there was a lot of positive talk from people I know up there that a class would happen this year almost 100%. It seems the issue is around rostering and manning levels I believe, im sure SAFO can provide a more accurate picture. It's funny how it works cause the guys are still understaffed quite badly across the crews but I guess DAA hold the purse strings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

Any update or any news filtering down?

honreal wrote: »
    Any update or any news filtering down?
    It's all gone quiet. Talk there was defo another class, then there wasn't, then there was.........
    Don't think they even know themselves what's happening.

It's all gone quiet. Talk there was defo another class, then there wasn't, then there was.........
    Don't think they even know themselves what's happening.

By the way the recruitment was handled this certainly doesn't surprise me/

Now that DFB released results how many from the Airport panel were successful with DFB?

I scored in the top 10 with DFB and top 8 with Airport so I know I wont be entertaining the Airport should I start training in June with DFB.

There could be a lot of panel places opening up for others down the Airport panel if many got DFB.

Congratulations pal Fairplay I was unsuccessful myself but in the top 15 for APFS I'm not holding my breath however I'm praying more then ever hope you enjoy dfb and best of luck with the new career and that goes for anyone else who was successful today.

Congratulations pal Fairplay I was unsuccessful myself but in the top 15 for APFS I'm not holding my breath however I'm praying more then ever hope you enjoy dfb and best of luck with the new career and that goes for anyone else who was successful today.

thank you. Hopefully you get a crack at the Airport.

Heard there is six firefighters from the last airport recruit class jumping ship and going to the dfb???

Heard there is six firefighters from the last airport recruit class jumping ship and going to the dfb???

100% FALSE - I know one or two from that class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

I work in the airport and there is 100% only 1 person and he is in the 1st class

Advertisement