Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TTL2015

Bitter pill to swallow when it goes on so long but can get back to normal now I know where I stand and book two weeks in the sun for August aswell😎. Best of luck to all. Hopefully you all hear something soon. Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kidasa

Did the mail coming from DAA or Symbio?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TTL2015

Came from daa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭two4two

Another day has passed. This process has been draining right from the get go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

two4two wrote: »
    Another day has passed. This process has been draining right from the get go.

I know a few people who got rejected via email today lads. No mention of the panel for them either. Just pretty much a thank you for interest email.

Surely the rest of us will know by Friday I'd say . Maybe get on the panel if we're lucky. It's so stressful waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Bombero

I read this thread about 3 hours ago and saw that emails have been sent out, so i have been refreshing my inbox like mad to find out if i am gone... Was walking through Dunnes with the missus and kid about half 4 and heard the phone ring, i nearly had a heart attack..... but it was the missus's phone :/

I'm cracking up waiting... need a holiday after all this hahaha

At least i know what to answer next time they ask me in an interview "so, tell us about a time when you found yourself in a stressful situation?" hahaha

Best of luck to all that are left, i hope we hear something soon

A new day of staring at my phone / checking my emails. This is the closest to insanity I have ever experienced

So did anyone hear of any calls or emails today?

So did anyone hear of any calls or emails today?

Nothing on this end yet

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

Hey guys got my PFO email wednesday afternoon. Tbh if ya havent gotten a rejection by now id say youre on the panel! Congrats to the guys on here who made it btw!

• Advertisement

I would imagine if I don't get a call for medical today then that's me screwed. Weekend ruined if I hear nothing :(

It's something to note tho I know of one or two lads who got through for medicals and are planning on jumping ship when DFB comes out (if they are fortunate to get on their panel). That's the bigger kick in the N*^s knowing people are getting it with no intention of staying put.

I would imagine if I don't get a call for medical today then that's me screwed. Weekend ruined if I hear nothing :(

It's something to note tho I know of one or two lads who got through for medicals and are planning on jumping ship when DFB comes out (if they are fortunate to get on their panel). That's the bigger kick in the N*^s knowing people are getting it with no intention of staying put.

Yea i was expecting that to happen alright, i also know of one or two that got called for medical and might not even take the job now with the news of DFB because they don't want to loose their time served by breaking their service... so that might open up another job or two for us lads left hangin....?

Best of luck 242, i know how you feel cos i am living it with you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Lads they could still call any of us next week. I wouldn't be surprised if someone turned it down last minute

Fire1985 wrote: »
    Lads they could still call any of us next week. I wouldn't be surprised if someone turned it down last minute

Thats the best way to look at it... nothing is definite until the DAA tell you, so until then, keep positive... i know it's hard but never write yourself off :)

yeah I have heard of at least 2 people who have withdrawn their application upon being notified of their medical so it's hard to know what the state of play is.

Nearly there lads/ladies!

my phone just rang..... nearly had a heart attack. On edge all day but was just the F*C(ING Bank

Tell me about it, my brother rang me from a Dublin number the other day and i nearly blacked out haha

I wonder will we be spending another weekend in limbo?

I would imagine so at this stage.

How did the medicals go for thoses on here who had theirs earlier in the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1028

Bombero wrote: »
    i also know of one or two that got called for medical and might not even take the job now with the news of DFB because they don't want to loose their time served by breaking their service... so that might open up another job or two for us lads left hangin....?

Yeah Ive heard of people that will jump ship too.... It's ****e really cos they're putting people out of the job that are actually looking for a career in the aviation side of things.... It's actually a bit cheeky aswell cos there's no one to say that they'll definitely get the dfb jobs just cos they got so far in the airport process..... The Daa are aware that people will want to go to the dfb so there will be a curve ball added to terms and conditions to try and stop it so only the people that actually want the airport will get through.

1028 wrote: »
    Yeah Ive heard of people that will jump ship too.... It's ****e really cos they're putting people out of the job that are actually looking for a career in the aviation side of things.... It's actually a bit cheeky aswell cos there's no one to say that they'll definitely get the dfb jobs just cos they got so far in the airport process..... The Daa are aware that people will want to go to the dfb so there will be a curve ball added to terms and conditions to try and stop it so only the people that actually want the airport will get through.

Yeah that's it, I really wanted a career in aviation fire fighting and this is realistically my first and last chance to achieve this without working for the DAA in some other form which is not an option given my current area of employment. Fingers crossed for next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Taking the complete piss at this stage.

I have lost all hope. Perhaps anyone left is on the panel but that doesn't mean anything given the last panel wasn't used.

Im trying to stay positive but realistically they should/would have to have notified the lucky 18 at this stage as I have been told they want to give a months notice for people to let their previous employers know etc which leaves us upto the end of this week. If they havn't notified the 18 at this stage then that is a jokeshop of a setup within DAA HR or there have been a few stumbling blocks with medicals.

im done at this stage! gluck to the rest but I am moving on

I'd say the starting 18 have been notified alright. But panel numbers should have been given out for transparency in the case of people not passing medicals.
    Was the last panel for airport firefighters not used up?

the last panel was not used. they went from 10 recruits to 18. they have what they need now so the panel is only a backup incase they want to recruit more but it's unlikely

The wait has been really hard, it have taken any hope or excitement out of it at this stage... what's horrible for us few left is that we have to wait so long only to be probably disappointed in the end.. I'd rather be put out of my misery early instead of having to put on a brave face when friends and family are constantly asking "any news yet?" and you have to try stay positive when you really know its probably over :(

I am still hoping that a few will decide to pull out and wait for DFB, my phone has not been more than 2 feet from me for the past month

the last panel was not used. they went from 10 recruits to 18. they have what they need now so the panel is only a backup incase they want to recruit more but it's unlikely

I heard the panel will be used.

Any details on this?

I heard the panel will be used.

... as guinea pigs in an elaborate experiment exploring the length of time it takes a perfectly normal human to have a complete nervous breakdown!

haha :)

I am waiting for somebody to knock on the door and say "Surprise!" and that this was all just one big joke... feels like a joke :D

• Advertisement

Yep, im starting to think i didn't actually apply, i just came across this thread and imagined the rest :)

Advertisement