Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TTL2015

No one who posts on this thread has heard anything personally. I know someone who got a call may and well be true. My own feeling on it if that's the case is that the 10 starting in August got a call for medicals. If all pass the medical,the panel list will be released and those unsuccessful notitified. If any fail. People get bumped up off the panel to start in August and the people who got cut are put on the panel so it's a full panel.only my opinion but I reckon they will box off the 10 before anyone else knows.same applied for interview. You need to interview a quota in relation to positions available. If someone turned down an interview, someone else gets a chance, hence why they call around first to see if you coming. Once they have their numbers, they let everyone else know.a place on the panel is best you can hope for now if it's true people have been called for medical. Waiting to hear myself so understand its annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Lads it's a friend of mine I used to work with who got a call for medical. 100% true

Fire1985 wrote: »
    Lads it's a friend of mine I used to work with who got a call for medical. 100% true

I reckon my theory is right then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kidasa

I am with TTL2015 on this. If Tuesday is medicals, the doctor has to report back to DAA. It would need to be a quick turn around for panel numbers or rejection letters to be even out to houses by next Friday.

Probably facing another weekend after this one of not knowing.

Put yourself in HR of DAA shoes. They are not going to tell people they didn't get the job unless they are sure all of the first class are fit and healthy for recruit course. Only after medicals on Tuesday (if it is only Tuesday) can they finalise numbers.

Seems most logical explanation as to the delay between people getting through and people not in every part of the competion right up to now. People even apply for these jobs and get them who have no interest and and then don't take them. I know of two who got on panel for Dfb and didn't take the job, one I know really well. Straight out of college who applied for aptitude and interview experience. Cost someone else a job,so I would imagine there are making sure the ten are solid before issuing panel numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 SAFO

Nobody has been called for medicals yet and there will be more than 10 starting. That's the latest info I have heard.
    I would reckon it will be next week before anybody hears anything. So everybody relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

SAFO wrote: »
    Nobody has been called for medicals yet and there will be more than 10 starting. That's the latest info I have heard.
    I would reckon it will be next week before anybody hears anything. So everybody relax.
    Fire1985???

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

I can assure you people have been called for medicals,SAFO. I was lucky enough to be one of those called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Fire1985???

I was talking to my mate and he told me his medical is Tuesday. He's not lying and neither am I.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1028

Well done lads ive also been called for next week, I know of another guy who is next week too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 fire1916

When did the phone calls happen, Thursday or Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 1028

fire1916 wrote: »
    When did the phone calls happen, Thursday or Friday?

I got mine Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

1028 wrote: »
    I got mine Thursday

As a matter of interest where do you guys need to go for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fire1916

Fair play to you, it was a tough process thanks for putting me out my misery, I will have a few pints tonight, perhaps I will get on the panel - Good Luck Lads!

Fair dues I'm been caught short on the medicals but there is a class of 17/18 or thereabouts to start in August. Originally it was to be 10 but the powers that be decided to bite the bullet and fill all the shortfall in numbers. I'm hearing that the panel will still be 30 too.

Fair dues I'm been caught short on the medicals but there is a class of 17/18 or thereabouts to start in August. Originally it was to be 10 but the powers that be decided to bite the bullet and fill all the shortfall in numbers. I'm hearing that the panel will still be 30 too.

Does that mean the best the rest of us can hope for is a panel spot at this stage?

I can't answer that for you I'm afraid as I wasn't aware that the medicals had even been organised so I don't know how many of the 17/18 have received their appointments. If I hear anything more concrete I will post it.

I can't answer that for you I'm afraid as I wasn't aware that the medicals had even been organised so I don't know how many of the 17/18 have received their appointments. If I hear anything more concrete I will post it.

Ah ok thanks.

Any more calls today??

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gtodaizza

What do u mean when you say "your being caught short on the medicals"?

• Advertisement

Fire1985 wrote: »
    Lads I was told from a guy who works in airport fire service that 18 were called Thursday & Friday for Medicals this week.

Believe me if you want I just thought I'd say it.

Fair play fire1985. Any idea when the rest will find out if they've made it onto the panel??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭two4two

I have been offline for a good few days but to answer somebody's point from above yes you did see a post from my username saying to check emails but this was a friend of mine fooling around with my account hence why I removed it asap.

I know 6 other guys who got to final interview and out of the 7 of us 2 lads got the job and guess what? Both know somebody in the fire service of rank and both work in some capacity with the DAA.

Obviously this is probably a coincidence ;) but frustrating all the same

If someone fails they'll ask the next person on the mystery panel that nobody knows what number they are on it.[/QUOTE]

Hhmmmm..... Not very transparent at all is it?

Anyone know of any more calls made over the last day or so?

I heard rejection emails went out today. Can anyone confirm this??

where did you hear this from?

two4two wrote: »
    where did you hear this from?

I heard of a mate that two people he knows for rejection emails. Whether its true or not I don't know.

I can confirm, I got rejection email 2 hours ago.

TTL2015 wrote: »
    I can confirm, I got rejection email 2 hours ago.

Sorry to hear mate

• Advertisement

yeah that is a really **** buzz TTL2015 sorry to hear.

The fall is always more difficult the further into the competition you go.

Advertisement