Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

Im sure theyd leave you a message anyway! Hopefully its today though

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bombero

I can't even remember what it was i applied for.....

That being said, i am still lying in the fetal position beside the phone willing it to ring!!

Bombero wrote: »
    I can't even remember what it was i applied for.....

That being said, i am still lying in the fetal position beside the phone willing it to ring!!

Ya can chill out until two, HRs on luch mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭two4two

relax until 2.. then resume your position

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fire1916

Anyone heard anything yet?

• Advertisement

nothing from my side or the few I know still left in it.

Nothing from my end either guys.

Surely we'll have to know by tomorrow?? They would be cutting it fairly tight with organising medicals and people having to give notice etc..?

I'll be back in the fetal position at 9am tomorrow haha

Some calls have been made. This is not a wind up. Nothing for me tho. Best of luck to the rest

What calls do you know? rejection or medicals?.............I have heard nothing so I am assuming the worse, if anyone hears anything good or bad please put us out of our misery

• Advertisement

two4two wrote: »
    Some calls have been made. This is not a wind up. Nothing for me tho. Best of luck to the rest

Really? Damn, I am cacking it now!!! Did they get a panel result? Or just called through for medical?

Eeeeeeek!!!!

Bombero wrote: »
    Really? Damn, I am cacking it now!!! Did they get a panel result? Or just called through for medical?

Eeeeeeek!!!!

We are not the only one reading these posts so I will keep it short. Call up for medical

Anyone hear any whispers today? I don't know if I can wait another weekend... Barely slept last night thinking about it. I hope we hear something today (and I hope it's good news)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

two4two wrote: »
    We are not the only one reading these posts so I will keep it short. Call up for medical

Two4two what date did they get their medicals for?
    I recall you posting that people should check their emails a few days ago and then deleting the post???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Two4two what date did they get their medicals for?
    I recall you posting that people should check their emails a few days ago and then deleting the post???

I know a guy who got a call, medical on Tuesday so it's happening.

Fire1985 wrote: »
    I know a guy who got a call, medical on Tuesday so it's happening.
    Internal or external???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Internal or external???

External

Fire1985 wrote: »
    External

Anyone hear anything today?

Nothing at all, were all the phone calls made yesterday? If so at least I know its not me and I don't have to spend another weekend miserable!

Id be suprised if they were to be honest! Ive heard nothing either way either

• Advertisement

Do they have their 10 people picked now I wonder? It would be nice if they could tell us if we were unsuccessful so we can take our lives off hold! Such a long way to come for disappointment is not a nice feeling :(

No me neither, surely if people got calls for medicals, others would be called or emailed to say no?

fire1916 wrote: »
    No me neither, surely if people got calls for medicals, others would be called or emailed to say no?

It would be the same as the whole campaign so far. Successful candidates have always been told first. Then afterwards, sometimes well over a week, emails were sent out to unsuccessful candidates.

It would be the same as the whole campaign so far. Successful candidates have always been told first. Then afterwards, sometimes well over a week, emails were sent out to unsuccessful candidates.

Im not aware that anyone was left that long to be told no? There was guys here who didnt get through and knew quite soon after the successful guys did

There were people posting on this thread saying they got rejection emails a few hours before I got my phone call for next stages during the process.. It seemed a bit all over the place at some points to be honest. All I want now is a panel result for future job hopefully

To be honest theres been a lot of "i know a guy who got told x,y and z. I think ill be staying optomistic until the DAA say otherwise

Agreed Rob, until I see it in black and white that I didn't make the cut I'll try keep upbeat

Yeah theres been alot of misinformation in this thread so far so ill hold out for a phone call/email

I think that is the only way we will get the truth, when we are told by DAA

• Advertisement

Well at lease here is some good news Lads!

Dublin Fire Brigade Recruitment **
    66 Positions available - Firefighter / Paramedic

The DFB are set to advertise in the coming months/weeks for the position of Firefighter / Paramedic within the brigade. A total of 66 positions are open for general application from all members of the public, with a hope to begin recruit training early 2016. Sign up at the link below at Public Jobs and set notification for Firefighters jobs to get all the info as soon as the positions are advertised. We wish the best of luck to all those who apply.

Publicjobs.ie

Advertisement