Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

Anyone have the pay scale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Eamon336

starts off at 33k and rises 1.5k annually for 17 years until the ceiling is reached at about 58k, shift allowance and weekend work without OT is another 3-4K........................Top recruit on the course gets a 50k bonus....................................................... (-;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

Eamon336 wrote: »
    starts off at 33k and rises 1.5k annually for 17 years until the ceiling is reached at about 58k, shift allowance and weekend work without OT is another 3-4K........................Top recruit on the course gets a 50k bonus....................................................... (-;

Well that's not near as good as DFB . 5 year DFB get 50,000

10 years €60,000

So is it €33k plus about 4k allowences!

€37 k first year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Red111

Good luck to all those doing the fitness tests this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭two4two

Has anybody had theirs today? How did you find it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

So howd everyone get on? Howd you all find the test?

You won't get many discussing this stage or future stages. It's too far into the competition and you don't know who is watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

Fair point i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bombero

Hello everyone

I am looking for a bit of clarification on this.....
    SAFO wrote: »
    The max pay is 60k + or thereabouts. Not sure about the incremental scale but its mostly every year for an increment.
    starts off at 33k and rises 1.5k annually for 17 years until the ceiling is reached at about 58k, shift allowance and weekend work without OT is another 3-4K........
    Tintin8 wrote: »

€37 k first year?

Firstly, is the ceiling €58k or €60k? and is this before or after any shift/night/weekend rates/allowances have been added?

Secondly, as Tintin8 asked, is the first year €33,600 plus allowances (approx 3/4k) or is this figure already inclusive?

I just want to get a better idea of what the actual earnings will be like, will it be approx €37,000 in the first year?

Hello everyone

SAFO wrote: »
    The max pay is 60k + or thereabouts. Not sure about the incremental scale but its mostly every year for an increment.
    starts off at 33k and rises 1.5k annually for 17 years until the ceiling is reached at about 58k, shift allowance and weekend work without OT is another 3-4K........
    Tintin8 wrote: »

€37 k first year?

Firstly, is the ceiling €58k or €60k? and is this before or after any shift/night/weekend rates/allowances have been added?

Secondly, as Tintin8 asked, is the first year €33,600 plus allowances (approx 3/4k) or is this figure already inclusive?

I just want to get a better idea of what the actual earnings will be like, will it be approx €37,000 in the first year?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Bombero wrote: »
    Hello everyone

Thanks

I would hazard a guess and say its 33,600k per year and the allowances are on top of this as surely the allowances will vary for each FF depending on his/her shift pattern and rotations etc

two4two wrote: »
    I would hazard a guess and say its 33,600k per year and the allowances are on top of this as surely the allowances will vary for each FF depending on his/her shift pattern and rotations etc

Yep thats what i would imagine too, just that someone said to me that the €33,600 was the total, and that the allowances and premiums were taken into account within that figure....

(the person did not work for DAA and i forgot to ask where they got this info)

Is anyone in a position to confirm with 100% certainty that there is an extra 3/4k a year on top of the €33,600

thanks

Bombero wrote: »
    Yep thats what i would imagine too, just that someone said to me that the €33,600 was the total, and that the allowances and premiums were taken into account within that figure....

(the person did not work for DAA and i forgot to ask where they got this info)

Is anyone in a position to confirm with 100% certainty that there is an extra 3/4k a year on top of the €33,600

thanks

Nothing is certain unless it comes from DAA HR. Why not ring them? they are really helpful

Got my PFO this morning, thought I had passed my fitness!

Good luck to those I met last week, maybe next time.

Got my PFO this morning, thought I had passed my fitness!

Good luck to those I met last week, maybe next time.

Hard luck :/ was it email or phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kidasa

I went to look at the original recruitment announcement (inviting applications) and it has been taken offline since the closing date has passed.

Did anybody screenshot it?

Email:

Dear Mr.

Following your recent assessment for the post of Firefighter with DAA I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your interest and wish you well in the future.

Gutted!

Email:

Dear Mr.

Following your recent assessment for the post of Firefighter with DAA I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your interest and wish you well in the future.

Gutted!

I would say you wont be the only one. hard luck anyways but remember how far you got so that's an achievement as it is.

The fitness test is harder than it looks.

Im looking forward to the next round. gonna be a tough one

Kidasa wrote: »
    I went to look at the original recruitment announcement (inviting applications) and it has been taken offline since the closing date has passed.

Did anybody screenshot it?

Nope but I am looking for it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Anyone else not get a call yet??

• Advertisement

bono_v wrote: »
    Anyone else not get a call yet??

The conversation has almost died in here leading me to believe not many made it through.

Either that or people are not giving anything away

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

I can't see too many failing the physical tests. Which will leave the guts of 100 for the interview for 10/15 places.

10/15 places yes but a panel of roughly 30 is whats been repeated from guys/girls who sat the last interview. it's what was said at the end of the interview

So.... competency based interviews next eh?

Anyone here still in the running?
    Is everyone a bag of nerves at the moment, yea?... :)

to be honest... im actually looking forward to it. I just want it over with at this stage. the job was advertised back in February and we still have the medical/fitness assessment so lets be done already the wait is killing me :D

Yea i am in the same boat, i'm more anxious to get it done and see how i get on now at this stage, rather than nerves..
    Just wish it was this week... it will be on my mind now all weekend hahaha

So... Are all the interviews done? Or is there some this week too? Best of luck to all... I wonder will we hear anything this week?

One of ours has been given a job offer today!

Internal applicant or external?

Were they given a panel result or anything? of just told they have a job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fireeeapt

No offers yet. Interviews only finished today

Advertisement