Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hate coffee. Hate cheese. Hate Aaron Ramsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

roryc wrote: »
    Hate coffee. Hate cheese. Hate Aaron Ramsey.

With you on the coffee and the cheese... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

We have one of those nespresso machines on work, where you pop the little capsules in the top! fantastic bit of kit!

Great piece of stuff, the capsules are on the expensive side but the quality is hard to beat.

I broke mine a month or so ago...in a rather genius attempt to sober myself up after a night out, I went for a 3am cup of coffee.
    I ended up ripping off the lever (the lever of the Nespresso machine) in my drunken state.

Ironically, I sobered up as soon as I realised it was goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

PARlance wrote: »
    Great piece of stuff, the capsules are on the expensive side but the quality is hard to beat.

I broke mine a month or so ago...in a rather genius attempt to sober myself up after a night out, I went for a 3am cup of coffee.
    I ended up ripping off the lever (the lever of the Nespresso machine) in my drunken state.

Hahaha! Good work!

I don't think the capsules are too baldy priced considering the quality! As the one i use is in work we all put an order in together and i think we may get some sort of discount (maybe not, i never put the order in?) as we but in bulk so i usually get 5 boxes of capsules (50 caps) for about 25 snots! When you take into consideration a coffee from Starbucks etc cost the best part of 3/4 euro its a steel for a decent cup of ste stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Haha, yeah, i'd imagine breaking the thing would sober you up fairly lively :pac:

Would love to have one of them at home, but it would be too much of a luxury at the moment. Cork coffee roasters on Bridge st, is probably the best place for a coffee in Cork.

Been laid up the last few days with trapped nerves in my back, the one bonus was getting to finish off watching the second season of Game of Thrones, great show, Peter Dinklage is brilliant in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Haha, yeah, i'd imagine breaking the thing would sober you up fairly lively :pac:

Would love to have one of them at home, but it would be too much of a luxury at the moment. Cork coffee roasters on Bridge st, is probably the best place for a coffee in Cork.

Been laid up the last few days with trapped nerves in my back, the one bonus was getting to finish off watching the second season of Game of Thrones, great show, Peter Dinklage is brilliant in it!

Wait until you get to Season 3 and there's alot of him and Charles Dance on screen together. Some very good TV moments.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Wait until you get to Season 3 and there's alot of him and Charles Dance on screen together. Some very good TV moments.

Just checked and season 3 isn't out on dvd until February, bit of a wait! Looking forward to that, some fine characters and acting, but they are probably two of the best actors on the show!

Season 3 as good as season 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just checked and season 3 isn't out on dvd until February, bit of a wait! Looking forward to that, some fine characters and acting, but they are probably two of the best actors on the show!

A man of Mike Ehrmantraut's resourceful nature should be able to find Season 3 before next February....or you could read the books :)

Do you have Sky? I know some of GoT is available on Demand so it may be there to download and watch.

Season 3 plods along in places but its good. Some big shocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Do you have Sky? I know some of GoT is available on Demand so it may be there to download and watch.

You don't get enough sleep, very strong coffee is the order of the day:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Ah lads ye can't be drinking instant coffee...

If you like your coffee at all, do yourself a favour and invest in some coffee brewing kit. Have an aeropress myself but I'm looking into getting a moka pot or maybe a chemex..

You won't regret it.

I've a French Press in the house but it's a lot of effort first thing in the morning so never really use it unless its the weekend! Its also not great if you're just making coffee for one! It does make outstanding coffee though, i went through a phase of buying every flavour Starbucks had to offer!

That said if you bang a mug of milk into the microwave for a minute or two and then add a couple of scoops of Azera/Millicano and top up with a small amount of boiling water you have yourself a fairly quick and tasty homemade cappuccino!

A cafetiere is my method of choice for my coffee needs. She's currently brewing some bewleys level 4 blend as I fight my way through a pointless assignment which involves analysing a policy which has been scrapped :pac: Just 500 words to go....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

roryc wrote: »
    Hate coffee. Hate cheese.

Could not live without either myself.

So good.

I can never work those Nespresso machines properly - they're always f*ck acting on me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

A cafetiere is my method of choice for my coffee needs. She's currently brewing some bewleys level 4 blend as I fight my way through a pointless assignment which involves analysing a policy which has been scrapped :pac: Just 500 words to go....

I should really go and do my functional programming (Core Haskell) assignment :(

Trek..

Danger781 wrote: »
    I should really go and do my functional programming (Core Haskell) assignment :(

Trek..

I understand the words "functional", "programming", "core" and "Haskell" (assuming Haskell is James Haskell the rugby player :pac:) but when you put them together not so much :P I'm guessing it's computer science or something along those lines?

Assignment is done and dusted though :D

Final year computer science student here... I feel your pain! Although i've never heard of core haskell myself!:o

I'm having enough issues of my own building a web application in php for my "thesis" (i use the term lightly as there's feck all writing involved really!)

You don't get enough sleep, very strong coffee is the order of the day:pac:

6 hours a day is all I need. 12 to six in the morning does the job.

It's all that the high flyers like myself and Obama need.

I understand the words "functional", "programming", "core" and "Haskell" (assuming Haskell is James Haskell the rugby player :pac:) but when you put them together not so much :P I'm guessing it's computer science or something along those lines?

Assignment is done and dusted though :D

Be honest, you finished the final 500 words by typing M****y T****r 250 times ??? ;)

Thatcher was always the benchmark for getting little sleep, you wouldn't be so quick to align yourself with her:p.

Before I had kids I used to tell everybody(completely seriously as I believed it) that I couldn't function without my 8 hours a night, seems absolutely nuts to me now.

Anybody reading any good books at the moment? I'm nearly finished Eamon Dunphy's autobiography which is quite good, he's had an interesting life, he played a couple of seasons with and was good mates with the great Robin Friday. He also despised the late Con Houlihan, I'd never heard a bad word said or written about him before.
    Next up will be Morrissey's new book, any other Smiths fans here?
    What music are ye into, we haven't got around to that yet, can't spend all ye're time watching the telly!

• Advertisement

Thatcher was always the benchmark for getting little sleep, you wouldn't be so quick to align yourself with her:p.

Before I had kids I used to tell everybody(completely seriously as I believed it) that I couldn't function without my 8 hours a night, seems absolutely nuts to me now.

Anybody reading any good books at the moment? I'm nearly finished Eamon Dunphy's autobiography which is quite good, he's had an interesting life, he played a couple of seasons with and was good mates with the great Robin Friday. He also despised the late Con Houlihan, I'd never heard a bad word said or written about him before.
    What music are ye into, we haven't got around to that yet, can't spend all ye're time watching the telly!

Extracts of Fergie's book are out today but not sure we can discuss it here as its soccer related.

I'm not a big reader tbh. I was when I was younger but, as with games, I just haven't the time now. My reading consists of reading insurance exam booklets now. They are highly entertaining stuff.

Be honest, you finished the final 500 words by typing M****y T****r 250 times ??? ;)

My M***y obsession is purely just some FSA fun :pac:

Currently reading "Murder Machine" about Roy DeMeo and his gang of serial killer hitmen for the Mafia, fills in a lot of blanks from "The Ice Man" which was also a really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Currently reading "Murder Machine" about Roy DeMeo and his gang of serial killer hitmen for the Mafia, fills in a lot of blanks from "The Ice Man" which was also a really good!

The Ice Man interviews are up on youtube and well worth a watch, just over 2 hours worth in total I think.

A man of Mike Ehrmantraut's resourceful nature should be able to find Season 3 before next February....or you could read the books :)

I suppose I could use put some resources to use, but only if its quality, hate watching a dodgy copy of a good show! Or could pick up a book :)

Don't have Sky, which is both a good and a bad thing! I'll be expecting shocks then, definitely not a show for getting attached to a character!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye big smiths fan myself definetly in my top 5. Stone roses, smiths, happy mondays, red hot chilli peppers and underworld would make up my top 5.

Reading Miracle in the Andes at the moment, Nando Parrado's book about surviving the plane crash in the Andes.

Would be interested in Dunphy's book, but don't know if I could last a whole book of Dunphy... Find myself agreeing with a lot of stuff he said in the past, but he always goes way over the top, and at times does my head in!

Let me know how Morrissey's book is, used to be a big Smiths fan way back when :)

Music, into a load of stuff.... Sigur Ros (probably go to see them next month), a-ha (much laughter caused by this, but a very underrated band)
    Arcade Fire, the Smiths, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, the doors, Led Zepplin, Pearl Jam, the pixies, Depeche mode, and probably another couple of bands could add to that list!

Ye big smiths fan myself definetly in my top 5. Stone roses, smiths, happy mondays, red hot chilli peppers and underworld would make up my top 5.

Feck yeah, forgot the stone roses and the chilli's. You see Underworld at electric picnic a couple of years ago? great gig!

Similar enough: Stone Roses, Smiths, Primal Scream, Happy Mondays... a combination of loads of other stuff too but they would be the most played.

• Advertisement

Lots of early 90s indie kids here so, just like myself.

Back to television, I finished series 2 of Homeland last night after the arsenal match, last episode was terrible with all the love interest stuff but I found the second series decent enough all in all.
    Next up will probably be series 2 of Deadwood, also Boardwalk Empire new series begins on Sky Atlantic on Saturday night.

Advertisement