Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

145791094

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781


    That just isn't even funny.

    Offering harmful advice should be a bannable offence.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭dahat


    What did i miss?


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston


    I'm glad there's no Premier League this weekend as I can fully enjoy a Heineken Cup weekend for the first time in 3 years due to not working on Saturdays anymore. Stand up and fight :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe


    About to open my last can of cider as a minor :P Turning the big 18 tomorrow!


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    About to open my last can of cider as a minor :P Turning the big 18 tomorrow!

    Enjoy that Bulmers while ya can.

    You'll be on Druids 4 for a fiver in college!!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe


    Lemlin wrote: »
    Enjoy that Bulmers while ya can.

    You'll be on Druids 4 for a fiver in college!!

    Its 4 for 5.50 down here in UL!


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y


    Lemlin wrote: »
    Enjoy that Bulmers while ya can.

    You'll be on Druids 4 for a fiver in college!!

    Hahaha +1 for this!

    That Druids is wild stuff... Read... Steady..... ...... ... BLACKOUT!


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    Its 4 for 5.50 down here in UL!

    I left college 7 years ago so 50 cent inflation in that time ain't bad.

    Strongest cider I ever had was 7% stuff called "Old Rosie" in Leeds. As the lads said the next day, Rosie was a cruel mistress!


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭dahat


    Cider in Aldi called Tauraus lads in made by Bulmers,loads round here (clonmel) rave about it,dirt cheap as well.
    Apparently it is halfway between Bulmers and Linden Village taste wise.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    Gin and bitter lemon. Now that's a drink.

    Or a favourite of some lads I used to work with, double Southey and blue. Ya get a double Southey and mix it with a blue WKD in a pint glass. **** goes green.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y


    That sounds horrific... pure sugar, my stomach would turn to sh*t!

    You can't beat a good Hendrick's G&T on a sunny day or else a double Jameson & coke always does the job when it's cold!


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston


    I was in Wales visiting a friend in college over there a couple of years ago and in an "Irish" pub there (:pac:) I had a "GAA". A thing of beauty this was: 4 shots of Vodka, Ribena and Lemonade in a pint glass for £3. Also had the best cider ever, "Old Rosie". We'll always have that one night Rosie.

    Or on a classier note a Singapore Sling. It's like liquid sherbet :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts


    off to munich next weekend they have some savage beer over there. A litre of beer and a pretzel bliss. Was there for a summer in the mid 90s had so many jagermeister hangovers. Havent touched a jagerbomb since they became popular over here because of it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    I was in Wales visiting a friend in college over there a couple of years ago and in an "Irish" pub there (:pac:) I had a "GAA". A thing of beauty this was: 4 shots of Vodka, Ribena and Lemonade in a pint glass for £3. Also had the best cider ever, "Old Rosie". We'll always have that one night Rosie.

    Or on a classier note a Singapore Sling. It's like liquid sherbet :D

    Check my post above re the Old Rosie. I got it in Leeds. 7%. Drives ya crazy that stuff.

    Ya can't beat the UK for cheap drink. I was over in Bangor in Wales before and the only problem I found was the pubs/nightclubs shut very early.

    75p for a JD and Coke couldn't be complained about though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman


    Had a Darth Vader recently, don't recommend them:

    - 1/2 oz vodka
    - 1/2 oz gin
    - 1/2 oz tequila
    - 1/2 oz rum
    - 1/2 oz orange liqueur (cointreau, grand marnier...)
    - 1/2 oz Jager


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston


    Lemlin wrote: »
    Check my post above re the Old Rosie. I got it in Leeds. 7%. Drives ya crazy that stuff.

    Ya can't beat the UK for cheap drink. I was over in Bangor in Wales before and the only problem I found was the pubs/nightclubs shut very early.

    75p for a JD and Coke couldn't be complained about though.

    No idea how I missed you saying it, and slightly odd that we both mentioned it :pac:

    Jeez she certainly was a cruel mistress indeed, although I have vivid memories of her being more cruel to a friend of mine :cool:


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox


    I was in Wales visiting a friend in college over there a couple of years ago and in an "Irish" pub there (:pac:) I had a "GAA". A thing of beauty this was: 4 shots of Vodka, Ribena and Lemonade in a pint glass for £3. Also had the best cider ever, "Old Rosie". We'll always have that one night Rosie.

    Or on a classier note a Singapore Sling. It's like liquid sherbet :D

    Had a few of those Singapore Slings in Raffles while I was travelling a few years back, the only place to drink them for a worldly wise man like myself:cool::pac:

    Also had some real killer hallucination inducing scrumpy cider in Somerset years ago, went down easy but it was powerful stuff.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston


    Had a few of those Singapore Slings in Raffles while I was travelling a few years back, the only place to drink them for a worldly wise man like myself:cool::pac:

    Also had some real killer hallucination inducing scrumpy cider in Somerset years ago, went down easy but it was powerful stuff.

    They were far too expensive in Singapore let alone Raffles, was all about having them in Southern Thailand.

    Mind you we tried Guinness brewed in Singapore, wasn't really what you wanted in 30 degree heat though!


  • Registered Users Posts: 21,090 ✭✭✭✭PARlance


    That sounds horrific... pure sugar, my stomach would turn to sh*t!

    You can't beat a good Hendrick's G&T on a sunny day or else a double Jameson & coke always does the job when it's cold!

    Used to be into big G&T but haven't had one in a while, have a bit of q taste for one now.

    I'd never go back to whiskey and coke but drank if for years. Ginger ale and some lime squeezed in goes great with whiskey or Capt Morgans.
    If you see me on the Green Spot (or Yellow Spot) whiskey, beware, it's lethal, always have it neat but it's just too smooth to drink..
    Probably the nicest reasonably priced whiskey out there.

    I got Harpooned on my first day in Boston years ago. Straight of flight into pub. Straight onto Harpoon IPA (5.9%). Was completely fine up until we got out of the taxi at the end of the night.
    Legs gave up on me, fell out of the taxi(head first as I went to get out). Picked myself up then fell straight into a hedge. Several attempts to stand up left me back in the hedge.
    Legs just said no, the lads had to carry me the rest of the way.
    Strange feeling, my head was reasonably sober.
    The lads christened me "Harpooned" for the trip.

    The only other time that happened was years ago when the Pear cider (kroppenberg ?), first came out. Alcohol content was way higher than it is now. Not that I knew it at the time though :(
    Belter of a day, just finished a football match, was thirsty, very thirsty... Swamped 6 bottles in an hour. Went outside for a smoke and wallop... Legs said no again. It was about 5pm. Some of the lads were just getting into the pub from the match :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y


    ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Used to be into big G&T but haven't had one in a while, have a bit of q taste for one now.

    I'd never go back to whiskey and coke but drank if for years. Ginger ale and some lime squeezed in goes great with whiskey or Capt Morgans.
    If you see me on the Green Spot (or Yellow Spot) whiskey, beware, it's lethal, always have it neat but it's just too smooth to drink..
    Probably the nicest reasonably priced whiskey out there.

    I got Harpooned on my first day in Boston years ago. Straight of flight into pub. Straight onto Harpoon IPA (5.9%). Was completely fine up until we got out of the taxi at the end of the night.
    Legs gave up on me, fell out of the taxi(head first as I went to get out). Picked myself up then fell straight into a hedge. Several attempts to stand up left me back in the hedge.
    Legs just said no, the lads had to carry me the rest of the way.
    Strange feeling, my head was reasonably sober.
    The lads christened me "Harpooned" for the trip.

    The only other time that happened was years ago when the Pear cider (kroppenberg ?), first came out. Alcohol content was way higher than it is now. Not that I knew it at the time though :(
    Belter of a day, just finished a football match, was thirsty, very thirsty... Swamped 6 bottles in an hour. Went outside for a smoke and wallop... Legs said no again. It was about 5pm. Some of the lads were just getting into the pub from the match :(

    Capt Morgans and ginger ale is a good shout! Went mad on it for a while and then went off it haven't had one in a good while now!

    I've been rubber legged a few times myself, think everyone has! i used to be known for it while i was living in Australia drinking nothing but "goon", imitation wine that i'm fairly sure was about 7% grapes 93% things that should not be in a drink! These days i usually just fall asleep... everywhere and anywhere, standing up, sitting down, in a house, in a club you name it! Not really sure which is worse haha!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston


    Captain Morgan

    *shudders* :eek:


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc


    I've been rubber legged a few times myself, think everyone has! i used to be known for it while i was living in Australia drinking nothing but "goon", imitation wine that i'm fairly sure was about 7% grapes 93% things that should not be in a drink!

    I had many a goon hangover when I was living in Oz.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    Was out at a 30th last night and one of the lad's younger brothers had the first bottle of Buckfast I'd seen in a few years.

    Some stuff that.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y


    roryc wrote: »
    I had many a goon hangover when I was living in Oz.

    Standard! The elixir of backpacker lifestyle!


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox


    I've just realised you can look back through all your old posts on boards from the start, I've been looking through my very early posts, ****it I was a bit of a bollocks back then, I was forever getting stuck into some of the aristocrats around here, myself and Futureguy had a falling out over me calling those who captained RVP poxy when he had a deflected goal and got the three bps. Famously(for me anyway) I wound up the whole forum by claiming Gareth Bale as one of the best players in the world in November last year, it seems I was going from one row to the next back then, happy days.
    Good laugh if you have a bit of time to look up your original persona, i'm sure we've all changed from the shy little boys on the first day of school:pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101


    Still cant believe Madrid broke the record for Gareth Bale, absolute madness. He's a very good player but woth about half what they paid.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y


    Santi101 wrote: »
    Still cant believe Madrid broke the record for Gareth Bale, absolute madness. He's a very good player but woth about half what they paid.

    Football talk in the off topic thread!!:eek::p:pac:

    uwtf.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭dahat


    h73622B11


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC


    Going back to TV, (sorry alcoholics!) nearly finished Game of Thrones season 1 since, and could take or leave it tbh.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston


    FHFC wrote: »
    Going back to TV, (sorry alcoholics!) nearly finished Game of Thrones season 1 since, and could take or leave it tbh.

    :eek:

    You take that back!! :( Ah no give it until the end of season 1 before you make up your mind, and I'll let you leave then if you feel the same.


    As for myself I started into Sons of Anarchy last weekend but only 5 episodes in. I'm not sure what I make of it though. I kinda like it but I'm not sure. I'll keep watching it for another while anyway. I know where our aforementioned Jax Teller came from now anyway :pac:


Advertisement