Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It can be hard enough to get into season 1 of the wire, pathetic as it sounds I would recommend watching it with the subtitles on, season 1 is particularly raw and it can be very difficult to understand what they're saying much of the time, great great show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It can be hard enough to get into season 1 of the wire, pathetic as it sounds I would recommend watching it with the subtitles on, season 1 is particularly raw and it can be very difficult to understand what they're saying much of the time, great great show though.

At least i wasn't the only one who found it hard to pick up the lingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Old timers.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

bohsman wrote: »
    One of the best. Season 2 is brilliant but a lot of people don't like it as it's a bit different to S1. Stick with it though.

One of the best things about the Wire is that each season takes a very different slant on the situation, looking at it from a different angle.

Brilliant show.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Actually is anyone watching The Walking Dead? Season 4 has been brilliant so far, 4 episodes in. I've been pleasantly surprised.

• Advertisement

I've not seen that but the current season of Love/Hate is outstanding IMO. Nidgies life is about to get even more interesting after last night(presume that gives nothing away).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Monday's always my busiest viewing day this time of year. Got latest episodes of The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Homeland ready to go and still gotta watch last nights Love/Hate on the RTE player.

Don't think I'll get to watch them all this evening, probably just Love/Hate and The 'Dead.

I've not seen that but the current season of Love/Hate is outstanding IMO. Nidgies life is about to get even more interesting after last night(presume that gives nothing away).

As a point of principle I'm refusing to watch Love/Hate. The amount of sh!te that people post on Facebook etc without a care in the world for spoilers has just put me off. I know pretty much everything that happens whether I want to or not :mad: For a person who hasn't seen the show even once and has never even remotely researched it shouldn't know that (and I'll put spoilers in just in case :p)
    Littlefinger and Nathan or John Boy and Darren to give actual character names died

We all know I can be pretty stubborn over little things though, rant over :pac:

As a point of principle I'm refusing to watch Love/Hate. The amount of sh!te that people post on Facebook etc without a care in the world for spoilers has just put me off. I know pretty much everything that happens whether I want to or not :mad: For a person who hasn't seen the show even once and has never even remotely researched it shouldn't know that (and I'll put spoilers in just in case :p)
    Littlefinger and Nathan or John Boy and Darren to give actual character names died

We all know I can be pretty stubborn over little things though, rant over :pac:

I hear ya, had to turn off three separate radio stations in the car this morning due to Love/Hate "chat" by presenters :mad:

Also I've just begun watching Southland. Looks like it's got promise. Shades of The Shield I thought...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Another thing we disagree on. I found the first three episodes poor enough due to being so slow moving and now feel like its moving along at lightening pace trying to cram everything in.

Episodes 4 and 5 have been very good but they could have had alot more happen in the first 3 episodes IMO.

That said, they have been introducing and expanding on alot of characters so that does take time.

Final year of college is taking years off my life due to stress.... procrastination at an all time high and the workload getting higher by the day served up with a delicious side order of doubt setting in!

It feels good to moan!:o

Lemlin wrote: »
    Another thing we disagree on. I found the first three episodes poor enough due to being so slow moving and now feel like its moving along at lightening pace trying to cram everything in.

Episodes 4 and 5 have been very good but they could have had alot more happen in the first 3 episodes IMO.

That said, they have been introducing and expanding on alot of characters so that does take time.

We can meet in the middle on this, it's only in the last two weeks that I've decided it's so good, last nights episode was world class, I'd put it on a par with any American series,(last night's episode only, before ye jump on me:P) cannot wait to see what happens next week.

We can meet in the middle on this, it's only in the last two weeks that I've decided it's so good, last nights episode was world class, I'd put it on a par with any American series,(last night's episode only, before ye jump on me:P) cannot wait to see what happens next week.

Yep, this week and last have been excellent. It's just a pity the series are so short.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Oh woe! Three 32GB Nexus 5's are waiting for me at my local parcel motel but none of them are for me. Really regretting my sensible-ness and not getting a new one to replace my N4 now :mad:

KevIRL wrote: »
    Oh woe! Three 32GB Nexus 5's are waiting for me at my local parcel motel but none of them are for me. Really regretting my sensible-ness and not getting a new one to replace my N4 now :mad:

You get them off the thread over on Bargain Alerts? I got a Galaxy Tab 2 as part of the wee lad's Xmas present in the Argos offer.

Nope got them the same way I got the N4. VPN tunnel onto UK play store and then use parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Actually is anyone watching The Walking Dead? Season 4 has been brilliant so far, 4 episodes in. I've been pleasantly surprised.

I am absolutely loving the new season. It's so dark compared compared the previous ones.. Possibly the best season so far! That, or season one. My girlfriend on the other hand is not enjoying the new season much.

Danger781 wrote: »
    I am absolutely loving the new season. It's so dark compared compared the previous ones.. Possibly the best season so far! That, or season one. My girlfriend on the other hand is not enjoying the new season much.

Yeah loving it, love the show full stop! So much so i went out like a complete nerd to download all the comics and have a gander at the end of season 2 to see what was in store but they have deviated away from that story line a lot now! After season 3 it was still sort of geared towards the comics but this season is non related, pity because some of the stuff that goes on in the comics is grizzly! They would have had to kill off the majority of the current cast though so i'd say that's why they havent followed the same plot!

We have to do practice presentations for college today on any topic we want. I've chosen FPL and may have included a sneaky picture of a certain someone :D

• Advertisement

We have to do practice presentations for college today on any topic we want. I've chosen FPL and may have included a sneaky picture of a certain someone :D

That should surely be recorded and posted.

That should surely be recorded and posted.

Not a chance :eek:

Although I suffered an attack from an angry wasp that seemed to have been sleeping in the data projector, so youtube could've had it's next viral king. As well as a graphic of himself I also heralded him as an unsung hero of the game to compliment the attacking forces of the big guns. Great success :D

Although I suffered an attack from an angry wasp that seemed to have been sleeping in the data projector, so youtube could've had it's next viral king. As well as a graphic of himself I also heralded him as an unsung hero of the game to compliment the attacking forces of the big guns. Great success :D

There must be a recording of it somewhere! We used to do those practice presentations in college and then you'd have to rewatch yourself afterwards. Very cringeworthy rewatching yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

haha legend.

Wrong thread

Off work for a study day today so took the opportunity to go and see Thor 2. Not a bad popcorn flick. Decent action scenes and a few laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Off work for a study day today so took the opportunity to go and see Thor 2. Not a bad popcorn flick. Decent action scenes and a few laughs.

Sounds like a productive study day:D

Sounds like a productive study day:D

Indeed. I'd love to shoot whoever in the EU came up with this great idea of continuous education on the job.

Thought it was a load of $hite myself, only redeeming point was Loki. Perhaps I'm completely weary of the formulaic Marvel super hero approach now. We get it lads you can smash up buildings (over and over)

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Thought it was a load of $hite myself, only redeeming point was Loki. Perhaps I'm completely weary of the formulaic Marvel super hero approach now. We get it lads you can smash up buildings (over and over)

I just wanted something where I could leave my brain at the door and it worked perfectly. Plus Natalie Portman ain't looking half bad.

My opinion can't always be trusted, I've had too many years of watching terrible chick flicks with the missus at the cinema. Therefore I'm happy with any other genre!

We had a discussion in work one day about the worst films we've seen. Mine is easily The Women. A terrible film with not a single male on screen for the entire film.

Advertisement