Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Has anyone stayed in cheap to moderate beach huts on the beach Koh Chang, Mut or Mak? Want to be able to pretty much step out of the hut onto sand, but finding it difficult to find some right on the beach, which seems nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Feck yeah, forgot the stone roses and the chilli's. You see Underworld at electric picnic a couple of years ago? great gig!

No I saw them in marlay park a good few years before that great gig also.

Lots of early 90s indie kids here so, just like myself.

we might educate some of the younger lads in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Has anyone stayed in cheap to moderate beach huts on the beach Koh Chang, Mut or Mak? Want to be able to pretty much step out of the hut onto sand, but finding it difficult to find some right on the beach, which seems nuts.

Well I stayed in a hut by the beach on Koh Lanta if that's any help, just whole gulf of Thailand and skinny little neck of the country between :pac:
    we might educate some of the younger lads in here.

Ahem, I've heard of about 90% of the acts mentioned and enjoy numerous songs even if I don't know their names or anything :P

Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen.......Cannonball :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Feck yeah, forgot the stone roses and the chilli's. You see Underworld at electric picnic a couple of years ago? great gig!

Was at that gig myself! Funny i was only telling someone over the weekend how they are one of the best live acts I've seen! I've seen them a good few times now the best was in Perth they were the closing act at a festival and they were unreal!

Daft Punk in Marlay Park back in 2006 still tops the charts for me though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Love programming, ....................... Not :P

Love programming, ....................... Not :P

Then you would love to swap places with me so! I'm still in the first hour of a 5 hour network programming lecture! :(

As you can see by my activity on Boards i'm completely tuned in to the lecturer!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Then you would love to swap places with me so! I'm still in the first hour of a 5 hour network programming lecture! :(

As you can see by my activity on Boards i'm completely tuned in to the lecturer!:pac:

I was out last night and Im suffering this morning. So much for my golden week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Well I stayed in a hut by the beach on Koh Lanta if that's any help, just whole gulf of Thailand and skinny little neck of the country between :pac:

Ahem, I've heard of about 90% of the acts mentioned and enjoy numerous songs even if I don't know their names or anything :P

Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you're doing and listen.......Cannonball :D

The original is my favourite film ever. Partly because I spent my latter years in university endlessly quoting it.

It was released the first day of second year and we all registered and fooked off to see it. Still makes me laugh every time I watch it. I do have worries the sequel won't live up to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    The original is my favourite film ever. Partly because I spent my latter years in university endlessly quoting it.

It was released the first day of second year and we all registered and fooked off to see it. Still makes me laugh every time I watch it. I do have worries the sequel won't live up to it though.

Feckit you're only a child:P, when I was in college it was Withnail and I that was the quoted movie of choice. My favourite was "we've gone on holidays by mistake"

• Advertisement

The place is dead today.

Been up since 6:30 to make it up to college for class and then the lecturer doen't show up and I've to wait until 2 for my second one. Mr.P is tired and cranky and bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just listened to Chris Cornell's cover version of Billie Jean. One word - awesome!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I just ran my first marathon. Just thought I'd share that with you all.

Yes, I rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FutureGuy wrote: »

Yes, I rock.

I presume you know the gag about how you recognise a marathon runner when you walk into a crowded room?

You don't have to, he'll tell ya!:pac::p

Well done fella, it's a hell of an achievement, you still on for taking on the Kenyans in New York while making your transfers for the week?

FutureGuy wrote: »

Yes, I rock.

well done definetly on my to do list. Im hoping to run it when Im 40 my birthday falls on oct bank holiday weekend so always when the marathon is on. Only 3 years to get ready now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

well done definetly on my to do list. Im hoping to run it when Im 40 my birthday falls on oct bank holiday weekend so always when the marathon is on. Only 3 years to get ready now :eek:

I can buy you an extra 14 years if you want:
    This was on the radio this morn

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2478374/Sorry-guys-life-doesnt-begin-40-Most-men-feel-settled-54-Simon-Cowell.html

Topped off a fantastic day in FPL with one of those new dairy milk bars with bits of daim bar in it..... epic!

Was down in Enniskillen today and its a joke how much we get ripped off in the Republic.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is €149.99 in Argos. You get €20 vouchers back then.

It's £109.99 in Argos in NI which translates to €129.99. You get £20 back then.

And don't get me started on the drink....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was down in Enniskillen today and its a joke how much we get ripped off in the Republic.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is €149.99 in Argos. You get €20 vouchers back then.

It's £109.99 in Argos in NI which translates to €129.99. You get £20 back then.

And don't get me started on the drink....

True, but incomes in the Republic are in line with the difference.
    I think the average income here is about 20-25% higher and Welfare is about 33% more.
    Swings and roundabouts to a certain extent, but well worth a few trips up north for buying enough to cover the fuel.

PARlance wrote: »
    True, but incomes in the Republic are in line with the difference.
    I think the average income here is about 20-25% higher and Welfare is about 33% more.
    Swings and roundabouts to a certain extent, but well worth a few trips up north for buying enough to cover the fuel.

I'm 45 minutes to Enniskillen or 50 to Blanchardstown so have a pick.

Asda should move into ROI. It's a great shop. Literally everything you can think of under one roof.

I agree with your point re the incomes here though. I had a university lecturer who in 2005 predicted the bust and said it was mainly going to be down to one thing - the minimum wage being set too high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

I agree with your point re the incomes here though. I had a university lecturer who in 2005 predicted the bust and said it was mainly going to be down to one thing - the minimum wage being set too high.

Hilarious.

There is a difference between cause and correlation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

bo-sco wrote: »
    Hilarious.

There is a difference between cause and correlation.

correlation.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Started watching The Wire last night, 2 episodes in, looks ok.

Is it worth sticking at it?

dahat wrote: »

Yeah it definitely is. It took me til about episode 5/6 to have any real grasp of who everyone was. I was skeptical when everyone was saying it's the best show ever but it really is very good. Completely different to anything I'd seen before. Absolutely stick with it!

Yeah it definitely is. It took me til about episode 5/6 to have any real grasp of who everyone was. I was skeptical when everyone was saying it's the best show ever but it really is very good. Completely different to anything I'd seen before. Absolutely stick with it!

Reviews said it was a top top show alright, i shall stick at it then as i am up to date on Homelands

As for myself I'm after getting into Sons of Anarchy despite my early doubts. Up to near the end of season 2 now and pretty addicted.

Reviews said it was a top top show alright, i shall stick at it then as i am up to date on Homelands

I think I've given up on Homeland. The 3rd episode of season 3 was beyond awful and I didn't feel the love even in season 1 really. If it picks up I might binge it when its over.

This coming from a man who still sits through gritted teeth each week watching How I met Your Mother. I've wasted too much of my time watching it to stop now it's finally nearly over. A perfect example of how to butcher a show because of it's commercial success.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

article-2098678-11A551D5000005DC-986_468x596.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

One of the best. Season 2 is brilliant but a lot of people don't like it as it's a bit different to S1. Stick with it though.

• Advertisement

I think I've given up on Homeland. The 3rd episode of season 3 was beyond awful and I didn't feel the love even in season 1 really. If it picks up I might binge it when its over.

This coming from a man who still sits through gritted teeth each week watching How I met Your Mother. I've wasted too much of my time watching it to stop now it's finally nearly over. A perfect example of how to butcher a show because of it's commercial success.

I am kind of stuck at it now, while S3 hasn't been great it has enough to keep me watching it,
    half hoping Dana turns into some kind of twisted bomber!

Advertisement