Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Finally got around to finishing Breaking Bad.. THAT is how you end a series!

Gonna miss that show..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Danger781 wrote: »
    Finally got around to finishing Breaking Bad.. THAT is how you end a series!

Gonna miss that show..

FACT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I ****ing hate taxi drivers arghhhh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »
    BIG Breaking Bad Spoiler.........

Scrolled down this thread last week, had only got about half way through the last series of BB and when I got to this post I nearly threw the ipad across the room and have been afraid to check back since...... :). V funny btw KevIRL!

Watched final episode tonight, gutted its over.

Am 36, 3 kids, first time FPL player. Have sworn off posting on Internet forums for a long time now, generally a pointless and frustrating experience. But so far so good here. But seriously what's with the cheese thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    But seriously what's with the cheese thing?

Just a bit of Gouda fun! ;):(

Nothing behind it, someone posted and it snowballed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Anyone recommend a good Series now that BB is over? Already seen the Wire and up to date on Game of Thrones. Maybe it's time I finally gave 24 a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Homelands, just finished Season 1 and into Season 2,it is pretty good and Claire Danes gives a hell ova a performane at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Boardwalk Empire. The Sopranos but in the 1920s.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

boardwalk empire or dexter

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm yet to see The Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire.

I'm not sure what I make of Homeland to be honest, I'm still watching it though. Spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen all of the first season (i.e. DO NOT READ) :
    I always thought it would have been so much better if he just went boom at the end of season one, the show would have always been remembered if they had the guts to do that.

Dexter is good but it tails off dramatically towards the end. Supernatural is a show I love, I'd recommend anyone to give it a chance.

• Advertisement

Dexter.
    The Walking Dead.
    Sherlock.
    Arrested Development.
    The Sopranos.
    Suits.
    The Newsroom.
    House M.D.
    Lost.

I'm not sure what I make of Homeland to be honest, I'm still watching it though. Spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen all of the first season (i.e. DO NOT READ) :
    I always thought it would have been so much better if he just went boom at the end of season one, the show would have always been remembered if they had the guts to do that.

Dexter is good but it tails off dramatically towards the end. Supernatural is a show I love, I'd recommend anyone to give it a chance.

On Homeland, while it's good, I think it's very over-hyped. I wouldn't call it one of the best series around today. Not even close. It gets very boring / dramatised at times.

As for Supernatural, I watched a couple of episodes while on holidays in Lanzarote since we had a choice of roughly 3 channels. One of them being news. Started watching it, had no idea what it was until it finished, would watch again.

Agree on Homelands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

dahat wrote: »
    Agree on Homelands

Same here, homelands is ok, just don't know if I could sit through another season of Claire Daines crying in every episode.

Same here, homelands is ok, just don't know if I could sit through another season of Claire Daines crying in every episode.

Ah it isn't top class but it is half decent,beats some of the stuff on TV.
    Plus we got this gem in there too

MorenaBaccarin2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

roryc wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good Series now that BB is over? Already seen the Wire and up to date on Game of Thrones. Maybe it's time I finally gave 24 a go.

The Sopranos.
    Deadwood.
    Justified.

Anyone watching Scandal?
    Missus got me into it, it's about the only thing we'll watch together.
    Nothing great but have gotten into it

Thinkin of doing Homeland now for a go. Having 3 kids and no social life fairly gets you through the box sets so have done a lot of them! :)

One that's not mentioned above that's very very good is Treme, from the makers of the Wire, set in New Orleans after Katrina, only 2 seasons and I think a 3rd and last to come but brilliant character drama.

House of Cards on Netflix is worth watching too. Mad Men never lets you down too.

As for Dexter agree with comments above, first 2 or 3 seasons really really good, then a couple of ropey ones, before 6 and 7 are brutal but you keep watching to see what happens. Don't really want to watch S8 but S7 ended with a great cliff hanger in fairnesss to it so will probably have to give it a go too.

FHFC wrote: »

As for Dexter agree with comments above, first 2 or 3 seasons really really good, then a couple of ropey ones, before 6 and 7 are brutal but you keep watching to see what happens. Don't really want to watch S8 but S7 ended with a great cliff hanger in fairnesss to it so will probably have to give it a go too.

Season 4 of Dexter is one of the best season's of anything I've ever seen and I'd include Breaking Bad and The Wire in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    Anyone watching Scandal?
    Missus got me into it, it's about the only thing we'll watch together.
    Nothing great but have gotten into it

Try revenge for one to watch together, so so bad that its good, cliffhangers every episode and completely unrealistic storylines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Any darts fans on here? World Grand Prix this week in Citywest. Am heading up tomorrow but not staying overnight, will drive back to Waterford after. Then up again on Friday but staying in the hotel so the sesh will be on

bohsman wrote: »
    Try revenge for one to watch together, so so bad that its good, cliffhangers every episode and completely unrealistic storylines.

Did a quick search there as that sounded familiar... Ya she used to watch that and I sat through a couple of them.
    It quickly fell into her "not to watch with himself" column.

I wouldn't be the best spectator when I feel I'm watching muck, Sky Plus has been a marriage saver :)

Season 4 of Dexter is one of the best season's of anything I've ever seen and I'd include Breaking Bad and The Wire in that.

Didn't think it was the worst, but thought it was the season where it started getting quite silly at times. But there were some great moments in it, and the ending!! Took me a week to get over that!

I've to do a 10 minute presentation on Climate Change for college during the week and I'm trying yo fight the urge to slip in any Al Gore/Man Bear Pig references. Would make it more interesting for sure, "I'm super cereal" :pac:

ManBearPig.JPG

Exciting times for Mr.Prodston these days :(

What's the quickest and nicest way to get banned from this forum? :D

I've lasted half a day with into my "2 weeks off" pledge.

What's the quickest and nicest way to get banned from this forum? :D

I've lasted half a day with into my "2 weeks off" pledge.

Easy enough way to ban yourself from accessing boards if you're serious :)

Open the following the file in Notepad:
    "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"

After all the comments at the top of the file, add one of the following:
    0.0.0.0 www.boards.ie                   <- This will block all access to boards.ie
    0.0.0.0 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1535                    <- This will block all access to FSA

After this click Save. Be sure to save it as hosts, not hosts.txt

Problem solved and the line can be removed whenever you want ;)

Danger781 wrote: »
    Easy enough way to ban yourself from accessing boards if you're serious :)

Open the following the file in Notepad:
    "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"

After all the comments at the top of the file, add one of the following:
    0.0.0.0 www.boards.ie                   <- This will block all access to boards.ie
    0.0.0.0 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1535                    <- This will block all access to FSA

After this click Save. Be sure to save it as hosts, not hosts.txt

Problem solved and the line can be removed whenever you want ;)

Thanks Danger, hope you didn't go to too much trouble, I could do that but I'd probably just end up removing it everyday :p

Thanks Danger, hope you didn't go to too much trouble, I could do that but I'd probably just end up removing it everyday :p

Not at all :)

Used it a couple of times myself so I knew how to do it :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Banned from FSA. Not sure for how long yet. Disgraceful comment.

Advertisement