Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

OmANIdgl.jpg

No FPL for me this weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I sold all my Xbox games except FIFA and haven't played it in about eight months. Haven't the time for it.

Haven't played a GTA properly since 3 which I finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

:eek:

You take that back!! :( Ah no give it until the end of season 1 before you make up your mind, and I'll let you leave then if you feel the same.

As for myself I started into Sons of Anarchy last weekend but only 5 episodes in. I'm not sure what I make of it though. I kinda like it but I'm not sure. I'll keep watching it for another while anyway. I know where our aforementioned Jax Teller came from now anyway :pac:

Couldnt stick with SOA at all. Loved Game of Thrones though....a lannister always pays his debts! The wait in between seasons is a bit extreme tbh.

Finished House of Cards season 1 last week, thought it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Santi101 wrote: »
    Couldnt stick with SOA at all. Loved Game of Thrones though....a lannister always pays his debts! The wait in between seasons is a bit extreme tbh.

Finished House of Cards season 1 last week, thought it was very good.

Well I read the books over the summer after season 2 so I'm just waiting for the next book now rather impatiently :pac:

I'm not going to judge SOA yet but it seems to be all happy, clappy, do it for the family type thing. Also it's funny while I love shows like Supernatural, GOT etc I just find it hard to believe that a biker gang could hold so much sway in this day and age. I'll give it until the end of season one anyway because I want to like it.

I've seen various episodes of SOA spanning different seasons but just couldnt sit down and run through the whole thing.

Heard some reallllllllllllllly bad Irish accents in one of the seasons too. Awful!

Best character of all time? Walter White, Tony Soprano?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

For GOT lovers, this is simply brilliant.

I've seen various episodes of SOA spanning different seasons but just couldnt sit down and run through the whole thing.

Heard some reallllllllllllllly bad Irish accents in one of the seasons too. Awful!

Best character of all time? Walter White, Tony Soprano?

I haven't seen The Sopranos yet so I can't comment on Tony.

I'll give a top 5 of my favourite characters from TV shows as things stand today :pac:

1. Walter White (Bryan Cranston) - Breaking Bad: enough said :pac:
    2. Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) - Supernatural: it's one of my favourite shows.
    3. Walter Bishop (John Noble) - Fringe: The man is a legend and has great comic timing as well as being a fantastic actor.
    4. Tyrion/Tywin Lannister (Peter Dinklage/Charles Dance) - Game of Thrones: It's impossible to split them and there's so many characters I could choose, even Joffrey as he's played so, so well.
    5. Chuck Bartowski (Zachary Levi) - Chuck: Another show I really enjoyed and special mention to Casey and Yvonne Strahovski for being perfect in every way :)

On a day's study leave from work (exciting stuff) so catching up on Boardwalk Empire.

I'm onto episode ten of series 3 and can't believe my friend told me he found series 3 hard to watch.

I'm finding it the best yet. Looking forward to the last three episodes. Just downloading them off Sky On Demand now.

Back to MDI 04 in the meantime :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    On a day's study leave from work (exciting stuff) so catching up on Boardwalk Empire.

I'm onto episode ten of series 3 and can't believe my friend told me he found series 3 hard to watch.

I'm finding it the best yet. Looking forward to the last three episodes. Just downloading them off Sky On Demand now.

Back to MDI 04 in the meantime :(

On the subject of great characters, Gyp Rosetti is right up there with the best baddies ever on TV.

I haven't seen The Sopranos yet so I can't comment on Tony.

I'll give a top 5 of my favourite characters from TV shows as things stand today :pac:

1. Walter White (Bryan Cranston) - Breaking Bad: enough said :pac:
    2. Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) - Supernatural: it's one of my favourite shows.
    3. Walter Bishop (John Noble) - Fringe: The man is a legend and has great comic timing as well as being a fantastic actor.
    4. Tyrion/Tywin Lannister (Peter Dinklage/Charles Dance) - Game of Thrones: It's impossible to split them and there's so many characters I could choose, even Joffrey as he's played so, so well.
    5. Chuck Bartowski (Zachary Levi) - Chuck: Another show I really enjoyed and special mention to Casey and Yvonne Strahovski for being perfect in every way :)

You lost me on the first line, Prodston! Aren't you a student mate? Get watching Sopranos!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolute classic show.

Another of my favourite characters has to be Omar from The Wire. Legend!

• Advertisement

You lost me on the first line, Prodston! Aren't you a student mate? Get watching Sopranos!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolute classic show.

Haha, I'm waiting for the right time and Winter is coming :cool: I might actually get the box set. A student I am, but a masters student. The workload is quite the jump :eek:

Omar is a fantastic character alright, I watched The Wire just under 2 years ago and I ended up doing an economics assignment based on what went on it :pac:

On the subject of great characters, Gyp Rosetti is right up there with the best baddies ever on TV.

Fantastic character. He made some entrance into the show as well.
    The scene where he arrives down to the beach in the army hat at the end of the last episode I watched (series 3, episode 9) was superb. [\Spoiler]

Haha, I'm waiting for the right time and Winter is coming :cool: I might actually get the box set. A student I am, but a masters student. The workload is quite the jump :eek:

Omar is a fantastic character alright, I watched The Wire just under 2 years ago and I ended up doing an economics assignment based on what went on it :pac:

It's all in the game, yo

Took a break from the FPL for the last two weeks. Has been nice not checking for the latest on different players and whatnot!

Also just about to start the 4th season of Breaking Bad now, just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Also Bunk Moreland from the wire was a great character. 'The Bunk is strictly a suit-and-tie motherfûcker.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

FHFC wrote: »
    Also Bunk Moreland from the wire was a great character. 'The Bunk is strictly a suit-and-tie motherfûcker.'

He's a st pats fan aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

qwabercd wrote: »
    He's a st pats fan aswell!

Suppose it makes sense, Inchicore, Baltimore, junkies..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

just had me coffee

manual_man wrote: »
    just had me coffee

What type?

Regular? Decaf? Latte? Cappucino? Skinny Latte?

I think those are types of coffee. Only liquids that pass my lips are milk, water and alcohol.

What type?

I think those are types of coffee. Only liquids that pass my lips are milk, water and alcohol.

You forgot "Weasel Coffee".

:pac:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

• Advertisement

You forgot "Weasel Coffee".

:pac:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

Nah, I just left it out. That's how I roll mother hubbards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

What type?

oh it was some instant coffe (Doug Ewebert or something - very nice actually!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

manual_man wrote: »
    oh it was some instant coffe (Doug Ewebert or something - very nice actually!)

Douwe Egberts is the name you're thinking of.

Horrible stuff in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Nescafe Azera is the flavour of the month right now! Hasn't a patch on Millicano though!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Nescafe Azera is the flavour of the month right now! Hasn't a patch on Millicano though!

Just started on Millicano,cracking stuff,2 spoons,BOOM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Nescafe Azera FTW!

As long as you put it in your favourite mug :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Don't even speak to me if I haven't had my coffee in the morning :pac:

...One of my favourite characters has to be Ari Gold 'Hug it out, [EMAIL="b*@#h!'"]b*@#h!'[/EMAIL]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Illy coffee from my delonghi espresso machine, can't be drinking that instant muck:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

We have one of those nespresso machines on work, where you pop the little capsules in the top! fantastic bit of kit!

Advertisement