Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »

We had a discussion in work one day about the worst films we've seen. Mine is easily The Women. A terrible film with not a single male on screen for the entire film.

I've seen a lot of $hite, but the worst 2 in the cinema were Batman and Robin - only movie I ever left during it was that bad, and Mamma Mia - dragged by the missus obviously, I fell asleep 3 times during it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I saw dude, where's my car? in the cinema. Myself and the missus still consider it the benchmark for absolute shíte movies. I usually tend to enjoy anything I see in the cinema no matter how bad but that one was impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

What are you studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I saw dude, where's my car? in the cinema. Myself and the missus still consider it the benchmark for absolute shíte movies. I usually tend to enjoy anything I see in the cinema no matter how bad but that one was impossible.

Surely you enjoyed the hot chicks !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Natalie Portman is a good enough reason to watch anything, even if it's going to be utter tripe! Defo high up in my top 5!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

kilburn wrote: »
    What are you studying?

Studying for my MDI - Management Diploma in Insurance.

It's a new set of exams introduced this year for insurance professionals. Just as we'd all finished the last set!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just watched World War Z, meh, but those Zombie type folk are freaky.

dahat wrote: »

Saw that during the Summer. Poor aul Matthew Fox fairly got written out in the reshoot!

Have ya read up on what the ending was meant to be?

Zero Dark Thirty starts on Sky Premiere tonight so will watch it tomorrow night with a few Kopparberg or Bulmers. Need a wind down. Exam is from 10 to 1 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Saw that during the Summer. Poor aul Matthew Fox fairly got written out in the reshoot!

Have ya read up on what the ending was meant to be?

Zero Dark Thirty starts on Sky Premiere tonight so will watch it tomorrow night with a few Kopparberg or Bulmers. Need a wind down. Exam is from 10 to 1 tomorrow.

Not yet, watched it on a whim is all. What was it supposed to be?

Read the book, its class and very different to the movie

• Advertisement

Not yet, watched it on a whim is all. What was it supposed to be?

Have a read here:

http://screenrant.com/world-war-z-movie-original-ending-sequel/

Please note anyone who hasn't seen it there are major spoilers.

BT Sport win Champions League rights from Sky/ITV from 2015

Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

As much as Ive enjoyed love hate that was a very poor ending to last nights series. They didnt make the difficult decisions like they have in all the other series. I think fran or nidge had to go.

Needed to be at least 10 episodes this season tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

KevIRL wrote: »
    Needed to be at least 10 episodes this season tbh

Exactly what I thought, they had to cram so much into the last 2 episodes that they just ended up doing nothing with the story in the end.

Total filler series, but was enjoyable to watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Nidge thought he was Bronson in the cell at the end.

title_bronson_blu-ray.jpg

Crap ending to a slow season

On another note managed to squeeze in The Wolverine (meh) and The Worlds End this weekend! Love everything Simon Pegg does!

I was disappointed with it. Like Iused2likebusts said, they took the easy way out. The episode didn't have any tension, I always felt in the back of my head something was going to happen so they wouldn't get caught.

I could forgive that though if they had to make more of the scene between Brian F. O'Byrne and Tom Vaughan Lawlor. I was expecting a Heat-style face-off to set up the next series but all we got was a bit of heavy breathing from Nidge and some snarling.

It would have been alot better to end the season with a good verbal back and forth between those two before Nidge walked out and then pissed on the milk cartons to show he was taking no notice of the law.

2 weeks snowboarding booked for Christmas! Just need to survive the stress of the next four weeks of college and i'm out of here!

Anyone fancy helping me with a new work project?

I'm part of a "transformation team" looking at introducing new benefits in our workplace to make it a better place to work. Anyone have decent examples of good benefits they get from their employer?

So far we've been looking at stuff like extra days off per years of service, free healthcare (rather than reduced price healthcare) and schemes with local GAA groups (e.g. tickets to football games etc.) but I'd be interested in hearing some of the more off-the-wall benefits people sometimes get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm part of a "transformation team" looking at introducing new benefits in our workplace to make it a better place to work. Anyone have decent examples of good benefits they get from their employer?

So far we've been looking at stuff like extra days off per years of service, free healthcare (rather than reduced price healthcare) and schemes with local GAA groups (e.g. tickets to football games etc.) but I'd be interested in hearing some of the more off-the-wall benefits people sometimes get.

On thing I always loved was free coffee in work that isn't utter crap :o May not be a benefit per se, but it was certainly appreciated while I was in EMC. I was only there as a student co-op so don't know much about their standard benefits. I know they had free health insurance, and some sort pension / life assurance scheme. There were also local discounts for showing your work ID. Plenty of other things such as grants towards further education.

Guaranteed day off on your birthday, outside of normal holiday hours. Part of my contract from Carphone Warehouse.

Strippers and booze on the last friday of every month!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Strippers and booze on the last friday of every month!

You started out so well and then you decided to limit it to one day a month.....

Well unless you work in strip club or a brothel i would think one day a month is fair enough! Something to motivate you to keep at it until payday!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

At times my office makes Google/FB look like a Vietnamese factory.

Danger781 wrote: »
    On thing I always loved was free coffee in work that isn't utter crap :o May not be a benefit per se, but it was certainly appreciated while I was in EMC. I was only there as a student co-op so don't know much about their standard benefits. I know they had free health insurance, and some sort pension / life assurance scheme. There were also local discounts for showing your work ID. Plenty of other things such as grants towards further education.

Guaranteed day off on your birthday, outside of normal holiday hours. Part of my contract from Carphone Warehouse.

Pretty much have most of that already anyway but the day off on your birthday is an interesting one. Worth a mention anyway!

roryc wrote: »
    At times my office makes Google/FB look like a Vietnamese factory.

Any suggestions then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Not sure how many gamers we have here but I reckon the amount of time I'll hold off on getting the PS4 and the date that the new Uncharted game will be released on will have a very high correlation :pac:

Excited isn't the word and there isn't even any information in the video :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Any suggestions then?

I've no off the wall suggestion, we got fed like kings in my old job, executive chef and full kitchen turning out 3 course meals and breakfast every day for 10c and money added poker tournaments but I wouldn't care too much about most of the benefits as long as I was getting money towards gym membership etc and the bus scheme and bike scheme were available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Just in Ireland? Im in Saudi and get a free flight home per year. Saudi Labor Law means all employees get a minimum of 2 weeks wages per year end of service award when they finish their contract. However Ive just found out that the law was changed recently to say if you resign within the 5 years, you only get a third of your end of service award.

So now instead of getting a months end of service bonus when I leave in March (after 2 years) I'll only be getting a third of it, which is bollox. Females get a food allowance each month.

Advertisement