Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

It's only a new t-shirt I say lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It's only a new t-shirt I say lads

Stop being realistic :mad: it ruins the fun :pac: I have now decide to change my prediction to Bullet Club vs The Wyatts in a Punjabi Prison match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/wwebalor/status/704020680778633220

New shirt, released Monday. Don't like the white square on a black shirt; would have just preferred a white shirt with the design.

He tagged Anderson and Gallows on the tweet though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What does it say under Balor club?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What does it say under Balor club?

Worldwide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

The match with Neville tonight lacked selling they both popped up several times during the match like a jack in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

When he gets called up to the main roster. When should he use the demon facepaint?

1. All PPVs
    2. Big four PPVs
    3. Championship matches
    4. RAW and Smackdown episodes + PPVs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

When he gets called up to the main roster. When should he use the demon facepaint?

1. All PPVs
    2. Big four PPVs
    3. Championship matches
    4. RAW and Smackdown episodes + PPVs

5. at PPVs where he has a match that is part of a heated feud and needs to step it up a notch.

Ex: He was normal Finn Balor vs Wrestler X in their PPV match at PPV A, but just couldn't quite get the job done so when they meet again at PPV B he has to go to a darker place and unleash the Demon in order to vanquish his foe.

Or Wrestler X does something Heinous to Finn and Balor wants revenge so again unleashes the Demon.

That said He could pull it out on his first big PPV too just to make an impression but otherwise i'd stick to the above formula.

Of course that could all go out the window if He were to debut as part of a Bullet Club / Balor Club type dynamic in which case I'd almost advocate leaving the Demon on the backburner at first but again have him unleash it somewhere down the line when for example he has his leadership questioned by say AJ or someone and he goes to that next level to reaffirm his position and further emphasize to the audience this guy really is a top dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

5. at PPVs where he has a match that is part of a heated feud and needs to step it up a notch.

Ex: He was normal Finn Balor vs Wrestler X in their PPV match at PPV A, but just couldn't quite get the job done so when they meet again at PPV B he has to go to a darker place and unleash the Demon in order to vanquish his foe.

Or Wrestler X does something Heinous to Finn and Balor wants revenge so again unleashes the Demon.

That said He could pull it out on his first big PPV too just to make an impression but otherwise i'd stick to the above formula.

Of course that could all go out the window if He were to debut as part of a Bullet Club / Balor Club type dynamic in which case I'd almost advocate leaving the Demon on the backburner at first but again have him unleash it somewhere down the line when for example he has his leadership questioned by say AJ or someone and he goes to that next level to reaffirm his position and further emphasize to the audience this guy really is a top dog.

+ f'n one, spot on BH.

special entrances should only be used on special occasions/big matches.

Bullet Club Fin, with the leather jacket is much more effective IMO, while I love the cool entrances Fin has had, less is more for me.

Totally agree with BH. Demon Finn needs to be forgotten for the moment. BC Finn needs to be totally seperate and he can bring back the Demon when the BC turn on him or he leaves the BC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If I'm being perfectly honest, I'm not a huge fan of the "demon" persona, but Bounty Hunter is right on the money about it. Leave it for when he really needs it to take him up a level.

The reality is that Finn actually has a great look without the paint too, as well as bucketloads of ability. That's pretty much exactly what got Randy Orton pushed to the moon soon after he debuted (he did have age in his side though). Not a fan of his on the mic but he can get by without that for a while when he moves up to Raw, as long as he's booked well. I think Vince will be a big fan of his despite his size, if he isn't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They've brought out a fair bit of non Demon related merch for him of late if that's any indication of what the plans are for him. Balor Club doesn't suggest a demon. As for when he gets called up I've said before I can see him being in NXT for a good while yet. Especially if Anderson and Gallows are there. He could still do special appearances on the main roster.

You could have Balor/Bullet Club, Aries, Nakamura, Joe, Zayn, Itami all there plus whoever else they bring in. Though I'd say Zayn and possibly Joe might move up post Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Part of me was blindly hoping that he would be Shane McMahon's surrogate for the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Fantasy booking I know but the supernatural angle could have helped it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Demon balor as others have said should only be used much more sparingly than it is now, in blow off matches for big feuds. One thing that sorta annoys me (and I have a feeling I might be in the minority about this) about the demon concept is that to me, while it looks cool etc. It doesn't feel like Balor wrestles any differently to how he does as just plain ol Finn Balor, for me it should be akin to The Great Muta or Kishin Liger where they are much more brutal and have heel tendencies because they are that desperate to win the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Plus it signposts that he's going to win.

"Bloody Sunday" has been renamed to "1916".

https://twitter.com/wwebalor/status/712808465157238786

Meanwhile, WWE are trying to get the BulletClub trademark.

https://twitter.com/enuhito_eng/status/712953126412627972

https://twitter.com/enuhito_eng/status/713018487724060672

Apparently the guy saying this is a Japanese blogger who is considered pretty credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Meanwhile, WWE are trying to get the BulletClub trademark.

https://twitter.com/enuhito_eng/status/712953126412627972

https://twitter.com/enuhito_eng/status/713018487724060672

Apparently the guy saying this is a Japanese blogger who is considered pretty credible.

Really hope they get it, sounds so such much better than Bulletproof or Balor Club

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Does that mean there trying to buy it from New Japan? surely they would never do it.

I have read before it was pretty much balor and anderson who came up with the name and t- shirts and new japan didnt have much input to it. Not sure if the t shirt bit is correct.

enuhito is pretty much the leading authority on twitter for Japanese wrestling news as far as I know of. Weekly Prowrestling Magazine, isnt that the magazine that Jericho says in his first book they called Baseball Magazine yet it was all about PW? Think enuhito is saying Weekly PW Mag came up with the logo design and as such own the trademark so they can sell to WWE and nothing NJPW can do about it. Also yes the BC was all Balor and Andersons idea. Obviously NJPW get credit for running with it but Finn and Machine Gun are the brains behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bloody Sunday must have been deemed too controversial for mainstream TV. The renaming of it suggests his Raw debut can't be far away.

I would have thought any reference to bullets would have been deemed too much for a PG audience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I would have thought any reference to bullets would have been deemed too much for a PG audience?

Probably would be in any other country than Murica

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

There's something about a heel you like, that turns him into a big babyface

The whole yes yes yes thing with Daniel Bryan started out as a heel thing annoying people

Cena got over with the doctor of thuganomics

Austin got over by just being a badass, but a heel one at the start

Rocky was so charasmatic as a heel it made him what he was

I think it's best for him as a heel, and let the fans determine when he turns
    His whole presentation the last while on NXT just screams heel to me, you think?

His whole presentation the last while on NXT just screams heel to me, you think?

Yeah his last few matches he's definitely been playing the heel role even if they weren't putting that across on commentary. No smiling or playing to the crowd really.

Also its been a subtle change but he has totally eliminated red from his attire and is now wearing just Bullet Club style Black and White. Little things like that are the things I love, gradual little shifts. Even introducing his New Japan finisher with a new name now is a great little nod to what we expect is about to take place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Not sure I'm a big fan of his finisher long-term. Handy against the NXT cruiserweights but if he's in the main roster, it doesn't help with the suspension of disbelief when he's lifting 250lb+ men up with a front face lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How will he ever lift Big Show?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Not sure I'm a big fan of his finisher long-term. Handy against the NXT cruiserweights but if he's in the main roster, it doesn't help with the suspension of disbelief when he's lifting 250lb+ men up with a front face lock.

If Punk could use the GTS I don't see a problem with this for Finn.

Its not the most explosive or devastating move around but when I think about other moves it still has a lot going for it.

The set up where he can face the hard camera sets the move up better for the viewer and establishes the move as a match ending moment. Not many do that now. Its different to what a lot of other guys are using. Ambrose has the DDT, Zane - Del Rio -Ziggler all use kicks, he is not going to use a big slam to defeat people.

It can be modified into a reverse delivery (this arguably looks better as well), can be done from the ropes as a super finisher.

Most of the wrestlers will be fine taking it and he has the double foot stomp as well.

I was watching his match v Jericho from Japan last year, it's up on Youtube, and he seemed to struggle to lift Jericho for the Bloody Sunday. Jericho was looking fairly heavy in fairness but it didn't look particularly effective compared to him doing it on lighter guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

The thing that Devitt needs to work around is his accent. If you don't want to be a celtic warrior or some other cheesy bollocks then you've got to be a silent heel. Faces don't have to say much but they have to be identifiably everymen, which he'll never be. The bigger he gets the more heelish he's going to have to be. As much as faces supposedly sell more merch I think the major vacuum in WWE for the last 20 years has been decent heels so it's a good long term plan anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah his last few matches he's definitely been playing the heel role even if they weren't putting that across on commentary. No smiling or playing to the crowd really.
    The constant showing off of the belt during his entrance is another little touch that makes me think, this guy's a heel. Also the way that he seems to take that little bit longer to appear and start walking down the ramp. I zoned in on those things because I know he's spoken a lot about how he developed his entrance before.

Advertisement