Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Balor dodged the bullet and got a decent shirt design
    CM7krcMW8AQxWtb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I just had the strangest reaction. I threw my wallet at the screen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I just had the strangest reaction. I threw my wallet at the screen

No no, thats not how it works. Feed your cash through the disc drive! :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    No no, thats not how it works. Feed your cash through the disc drive! :P

Instructions unclear, hand stuck in toaster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

simpsons-cash.png

• Advertisement

I'll call it now, Coup de Grâce off the ladder :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm really looking forward to this. I threw a few pence on it so I can be justified in marking.

Did an accumulator on Paddy Power. Can't believe I'm saying that about an NXT event....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I think I'm over the whole crawling around the entrance ramp and around the ring thing. I don't think it will translate well to the main roster. Lifting his hands in the air in sync with the music is fine. The crowd go along with it and it looks cool on TV. But he should walk more menacingly towards the ring. It's been said before it resembles more of an elaborate dance than a vicious demon king...

I watched the main event today with a few casual fans who have interest in it again since the rise of NXT and (me going on and on about how good it is) and they felt a bit awkward watching him too.

Something just doesn't feel right... :-/ Sure he's not a polarising figure like McGregor, but he really needs SOMETHING.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I watched the main event today with a few casual fans who have interest in it again since the rise of NXT and (me going on and on about how good it is) and they felt a bit awkward watching him too.

Too similar to the Boogeyman.

More pausing and breathing here. He really needs to sort it out. Terrible :(

That was filmed after the match. He's either genuinely wrecked or he's selling having competed in a ladder match a few minutes ago.

But he's been at the breathing/pausing lark for months. Either way it's a snooze-inducing promo again and no signs of improvement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The contemporary dance stuff is not great. If he ditched the head dress and went to just the paint I think it would look better, more serious, more like a demon.

His entrance would be better if it was more like his NJPW wrestlekingdom entrance. The two best WWE entrances, with similar ideas are Taker and Wyatt who have a less is more approach. Camera should also be focusing more on the intricate paint work.

For his persona, if he stays as he is then the idea of a split personality needs to be sold alot better. The shy, quiet restrained Finn with the intense, demonic in ring Valor performer should work well but isn't sold enough.

We already know he can play a heel from his R'N'R and Bullet club time. An Ambrose like character babyface or a Rollins type heel would be easy in that persona.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The pausing and heavy breathing after every two words was a bit OTT. Im guessing he was struggling to come up with a promo on the spot so did it to buy time.

I have no issue with that promo because, as was said above, he just competed in a ladder match. Who do you think is going to be his next challenger, after the events of Saturday night?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have no issue with that promo because, as was said above, he just competed in a ladder match. Who do you think is going to be his next challenger, after the events of Saturday night?

I'd love to see Joe challenge him next, could give a different dymanic if Joe sticks with going for submissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

DM_7 wrote: »
    The contemporary dance stuff is not great. If he ditched the head dress and went to just the paint I think it would look better, more serious, more like a demon.

The head gear is what annoys me most of all. Every time I see it I think of CJ Parker. I used to think he'd be better off wearing a crown as Balor is supposed to be a demon king if I'm not mistaken, but with Barrett doing the King gimmick right now I can't see that happening. I really hope he ditches it down the line, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,507 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Getting ready for the NXT Brawl for All.

https://twitter.com/crazy_girl93/status/643150048822321152

Loughc wrote: »
    I'd love to see Joe challenge him next, could give a different dymanic if Joe sticks with going for submissions.
    I'd love to see him beat Joe as well, to put him over as a big deal with the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'd love to see him beat Joe as well, to put him over as a big deal with the audience.

Im 100 percent convinced Joe is the next challenger. Joe turns on Finn happens in the final and Joe badly needs it. Hes dont nothing much since joining NXT

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, the mini-feud with Corbin didn't really help anyone.

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, the mini-feud with Corbin didn't really help anyone.

I enjoyed the match with Joe and Corbin, easily the ebst match Corbin has had. but Joe would be a bigger match against Balor at the Minute than Corbin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well my point is more I don't think anyone really came out of that looking better. Joe was just beating a guy whose main thing has been squashing random jobbers. I'd much rather Joe vs Finn.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Angron wrote: »
    I'd much rather Joe vs Finn.

Have they ever met each other in their pre-NXT days?

An File wrote: »
    Have they ever met each other in their pre-NXT days?

Not as far as im aware, but they have had matches on NXT live events against each other (triple threat matches with KO)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,507 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder did he have to clear that with the WWE twitter media department.

Advertisement