Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not before the Demon Kane sues him for copyright infringement.

Though then they could get into an argument about who the devil's favourite is

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bring him up as Kane's new tag team partner and call them the Demon Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I think it's just WWE trying to push whatever hype there is on the internet about Balor coming up soon

Didn't they do the same with AJ/Gallows/Anderson back when they were first rumored to be signing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think it's just WWE trying to push whatever hype there is on the internet about Balor coming up soon

Didn't they do the same with AJ/Gallows/Anderson back when they were first rumored to be signing

Yeah and they duly signed! My main point was to emphasise that Balor is main roster bound soon. If they didn't have plans for him I doubt they'd be doing any teasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

13769410_1149131811792988_6960045217736436154_n.jpg?oh=5b886bdc85a1b02f0fe53ddcb65cb2b1&oe=57F12F03&__gda__=1475464518_d8d5adb44d741c6ccf450b4f680c6ea0

Hes finally called up

How do you think he will do ???. very exciting prospects of matches against Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Y2J and even an all Irish fued with Sheamus etc.

There is a small bit of anxiety that he wont be a success on the main roster but if the pop from last night and his successful NXT run is anything to go by then he will be a massive success.

exciting times ahead :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He'll do great if they book him properly.

Like you said, feud with Rollins, Roman, Y2J :D, not to keen on a feud with Sheamus though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The fact that he was Raws #3 pick and the 5th pick overall from all the talent in the entire WWE shows how highly they rate him and how much they will get behind him (putting him that high in itself is a rub) so I think he will do fine.

I actually wouldn't have too much of an issue with him and Sheamus feuding because I think Sheamo would be more than happy to put him over and that could be a good way to make him look good upon arrival (granted it didn't do a huge amount for Crews but this would be made a much bigger deal).

Unless there are trades that change this fact it'll be interesting to see how they deal with him, Gallows & Anderson on the same roster.

might merge this with the Finn thread later but not yet anyway

He should be fine if they get behind him and he stays healthy. I'm wondering what they'll do with the demon gimmick though, will they use it? Limiting it to Takeovers in NXT was fine but doing it on every PPV might be overkill. Wouldn't really fit if they intend putting him with Gallows and Anderson either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think the likes of him, Kevin Owens and Cesaro would have been better on Smackdown, I get that Raw needs the 20 minute matches more but it's going to be hard for them to break into the Reigns/Rollins rotating title run.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Demon shouldn't appear till Survivor Series at the earliest and then not again till WM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Great for Finn to be on the traditional A show, with all the other NXT singles champs.

Can see him getting to work with Triple H at some point, allies or foes.

I hope the club getting selected to RAW means they have something specific in mind for him. Can't decide if he should be the Cruiser champ and they recreate his New Japan run to go Champ v Champ or not. I think it could work well if they went with that but they might want to keep him away from that division so he is not thought of as a junior/lesser competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow the 3rd top draft pick for Raw and to a decent pop, now who should he feud with first, Kane demon Vs. demon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wow the 3rd top draft pick for Raw and to a decent pop, now who should he feud with first, Kane demon Vs. demon :p

Dear GOD NO! i think Kane went to Smackdown anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is it too early to repeat the storyline of the Club helping AJ Finn out while AJ Finn says he doesn't want their help?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Do you think they might use him in the new Crusierweight division on Raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i sincerely hope not.... think neville will be the champ there!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I sincerely doubt someone being picked ahead of the likes of Cena, Lesner and Reigns is being used in the Cruiserweight division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Finn should go full on heel on Monday. Possibly on a returning Neville. Hell Id even telegraph the sh*t out of it and have Finn/Neville vs The Club and just make a proper 3 on 1 destruction of Neville. And I dunno if anyone has noticed but Karl Anderson has been wearing kneepads with #BC on them since his debut. Its the original gang getting back together for the first time in 3yrs but now its in a whole new company. Cant wait to see Finn on Raw!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I'd say they might just repeat the same story with Finn as AJ at first, will he or won't he join etc. Probably will even have his first feud with Y2J too haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Balor will be the new cena. He's everything they want that reigns isn't. He appeals to all the demographics, his merchandise flys out the door, can deliver in ring. Highly doubt we'll see him turn heel any time soon....(cue sunday and he goes heel costing someone a match hah!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Balor will be the new cena.

Balor = Vegetative State Undertaker when it comes to promos. He has a lot of upside, but Jesus, the new Cena?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Balor will be the new cena. He's everything they want that reigns isn't. He appeals to all the demographics, his merchandise flys out the door, can deliver in ring. Highly doubt we'll see him turn heel any time soon....(cue sunday and he goes heel costing someone a match hah!)

WWE will possibly only have him start out heel to make big money off the Balor Club merch. Plenty of time for him to be one of the top babyfaces around after they've made their money first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What are the chances of him costing Ambrose the title on Sunday so that the belt will be on raw where he has been drafted? Maybe helping Rollins and then turning on him afterwards

Reebrock wrote: »
    Balor = Vegetative State Undertaker when it comes to promos. He has a lot of upside, but Jesus, the new Cena?

He's getting better albeit slowly. A heel style might actually suit him.

I'd say they might just repeat the same story with Finn as AJ at first, will he or won't he join etc. Probably will even have his first feud with Y2J too haha.

You may laugh but look who he's facing on the Aussie tour coming up

http://www.daintygroup.com/tour/wwe-live-tour-australia-2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Called it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I have 180d and now wouldn't mind if they stick with the Demon and stay away from a bullet club reunion, for now anyway.

I think I would enjoy a Real Devitt run most but the Demon will be best for him overall.

The Demon worked well on the smaller NXT scale and if they refine who he is without the demon paint compared to who is as the demon it should be a hit on the main roster.

Also his stripped back look at Dallas Takeover would work well on minor PPVs and he would still have room to do something spectacular at Mania.

Down the road they can do a Bullet Club reunion when it's his time for a heel run.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Called it!

Pretty exciting fued this will be

On Monday night Y2J to do a promo about being the hottest star on raw and then balor comes out and cuts a promo and attacks him. Setting up a match at summerslam (where if Y2J loses he will have to leave WWE (Keyfabe), which y2J will lose and he will go on his annual hiatus and return before rumble 2017)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Pretty exciting fued this will be

On Monday night Y2J to do a promo about being the hottest star on raw and then balor comes out and cuts a promo and attacks him. Setting up a match at summerslam (where if Y2J loses he will have to leave WWE (Keyfabe), which y2J will lose and he will go on his annual hiatus and return before rumble 2017)

Think Fozzy are starting their new album around Rumble time next year, so that'd rule out Jericho..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Another thing I think is in Finn's favour is that JBL has been moved to Smackdown. I really don't think he would have done Finn any favours; I don't think he would have gotten the demon character at all, and I suspect it wouldn't have been long before he would have resorted to lazy stereotypes. 'These Irish love to fight, Maggle.'

Graves and Saxton will be able to understand Balor's character much better, while Cole is fine with dealing with the demon schtick as he's covered Undertaker and Kane for well over a decade.

Advertisement