Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

CastorTroy wrote:
    How will he ever lift Big Show?

That's what the Coup De Grace is for.
    The constant showing off of the belt during his entrance is another little touch that makes me think, this guy's a heel. Also the way that he seems to take that little bit longer to appear and start walking down the ramp. I zoned in on those things because I know he's spoken a lot about how he developed his entrance before.

I wouldn't associate the belt thing with a heel, its more of a Bret Hart thing to be honest. Not getting the heel thing at all to be honest, he's still doing a lot of crowd pleasing spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

He's been wrestling a heel style since his first match v Apollo. I've enjoyed it much more too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That's what the Coup De Grace is for.

I wouldn't associate the belt thing with a heel, its more of a Bret Hart thing to be honest. Not getting the heel thing at all to be honest, he's still doing a lot of crowd pleasing spots.
    As long as his spots and matches are pleasing you, nothing else really matters man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My guess re: The Bullet Club

Anderson & Gallows will try to interfere in the main event of Payback even though AJ told them not to. When they do he will again confront them stopping them from doing so but in the process he will let himself be distracted and be nailed by a Spear.

He gets himself a re-match at Extreme rules citing how there wasn't a clean finish and that he would have beaten Reigns if not for Anderson & Gallows distraction and as it is only 3 weeks after payback t makes sense for the WWE not to try and rush a new feud.

At Extreme rules Reigns wins clean (gotta make Roman look strong right Vince?), hell why not go with what MNG suggested and have him get the win by countering a phenomenal Forearm with a spear for the 3 count. Then post match have Gallows and Anderson charge the ring and look to be about to attack Reigns but again Aj tries to stop them only for them to instead attack him.

The following night on Raw and there is a confrontation between AJ and The boys which ends with them attacking him again. This happens a few times over the next few weeks in the lead up to MITB which sees AJ in the MITB match himself a match which Anderson & Gallows cost him just as he is about to win the briefcase. (Instead lets say Owens or Bray Wyatt win it with Ambrose in the main event vs Reigns). About a week or so before this Finn Balor drops the NXT title to Samoa Joe in a (im just spitballing here, haven't read the recent NXT spoilers) triple threat which also includes Nakamura.

The next WWE PPV is Battleground and AJ is sick of all the interference from Anderson and Gallows so challenges them to a match. Either he has a buddy tag with him or it's a handicap match. Either way in the build up Anderson & Gallows talk about how Styles was never really their leader (and elude to another) and call him weak and not willing to do what needs to be done to be a winner / champion. Then when the match takes place Finn Balor makes a surprise debut and the Balor club is officially formed and they beat the crap out of AJ.

Then at Summerslam you have AJ Styles vs Finn Balor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Then at Summerslam you have AJ Styles vs Finn Balor

Who would you have win it Bounty? Finn has to come in looking strong and must come out looking strong from the feud. I think WWE see big things in Finn more then they do AJ to be fair. HHH seems to love Finn, the guy with his gimmick that will get kids onside, wrestling background that keep the guys on his side and he's a good looking chap so that get the ladies on his side. His size might be his only disadvantage from him been a top guy.

But I be surprised if they bring Finn in as a heel, I really would. I think Vince probably sees him as the Jeff Hardy type face that will be behind Reigns and Cena in the pecking order but could slip in there if any of those guys get a injury.

I think it would be better having him come in as a heel (keep him as far away from Reigns for a few months, have him go through the likes of AJ Cesaro and Ambrose even Cena for a few months in top matches and feuds but have him win.) . Have the fans clamour for that face turn for a year or two then pull the trigger, big money comes rolling in. But they need to keep him away from Reigns for a while then they will have that big money feud down the line.

WWE will mess it up somehow sadly.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Who would you have win it Bounty? Finn has to come in looking strong and must come out looking strong from the feud. I think WWE see big things in Finn more then they do AJ to be fair. HHH seems to love Finn, the guy with his gimmick that will get kids onside, wrestling background that keep the guys on his side and he's a good looking chap so that get the ladies on his side. His size might be his only disadvantage from him been a top guy.

But I be surprised if they bring Finn in as a heel, I really would. I think Vince probably sees him as the Jeff Hardy type face that will be behind Reigns and Cena in the pecking order but could slip in there if any of those guys get a injury.

I think it would be better having him come in as a heel (keep him as far away from Reigns for a few months, have him go through the likes of AJ Cesaro and Ambrose even Cena for a few months in top matches and feuds but have him win.) . Have the fans clamour for that face turn for a year or two then pull the trigger, big money comes rolling in. But they need to keep him away from Reigns for a while then they will have that big money feud down the line.

WWE will mess it up somehow sadly.

To answer your question it'd have to be Finn who would go over for a number of reasons. For 1 thing he would be the new guy who they would want to make look good but also because the narrative would be that AJ was the good guy who told Anderson & Gallows not to interfere or in there minds was not willing to do what it took to be a winner and therefore it'd make sense if Balor now establishing Balor club as a thing would go the other way and be willing to use the boys interfering to get the win.

Obviously i'd be weary of having AJ lose too much during this feud but many would argue that wins and losses don't mean too much compared to being used in a high profile storyline and that as a babyface AJ would in many ways benefit more from being screwed outta wins making the crowd want him to win even more down the line. Maybe he could get a win back at Night of Champions before the blow off at HIAC for example.

I think Finn might need the heel run instead of being a Vanilla face and Yep, keep him away from Reigns and a prolonged intro feud with AJ/The Bullet Club would be a way to do it and a way that'd make sense as the WWE have many many times acknowledged the links between those guys. In fact they have done so more with Balor (or at least he has himself) than they did with AJ. The fans will love him as a cool anti-hero even if he is heel imo just like they do Kevin Owens and then down the line you can turn him face at which point they would probably play up the Demon aspect of his character a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Certainly looks like it, very interesting turn of events. Since it happened at a house show so suddenly, I can only imagine it was a decision made very, very recently and we can probably expect to see him on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Hell yeah. He's done with that now hopefully and he can come and stomp Roman into oblivion.

• Advertisement

The timing is annoying though, probably won't get to see him at NXT in Dublin this June. :(

Finn got a great reception after the match.

https://twitter.com/townsmanjordan/status/723334298070192128

I know he does the Too Sweet hand gesture all the time, but I'm sure the one he does here is a dead giveaway of what's to come. Can't wait for Raw and Payback next week.

martyos121 wrote: »
    The timing is annoying though, probably won't get to see him at NXT in Dublin this June. :(

Seems very last minute alright, probably Vince is rushing the Bullet Club or Balor club into existence rather then waiting which probably was the plan. I can't see it been a injury or failed drug test or just to boost house sales, just Vince having a change of heart. I think if this decision was already made he would have dropped it at NXT Dallas. I don't expect Joe to have a long reign, I expect Nakamura to take it off him on the next Takeover. so he be called up on the main roster by Summerslam or a little after.

I think Corbin is doing the NXT tour so it wouldn't surprise me the European tour was Balors last thing he does for NXT. so don't rule him out yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Here's hoping it means what we suspect. Starting as a heel will help him promo wise, I just wish they gave him a heel run in NXT for a bit of confidence.

Reading up on line, I think HHH wanted to get Balor to be the longest reigning champ in NXT history (which happened last week) so if it happened before NXT Dallas he would have dropped it then.

The look of genuine shock on some of those fans faces was great, wait what! aren't we at a house show? is this really a title change happening now?

I think the fact that it was at a House show would suggest that they are speeding up the BC angle and were not willing to wait to have him drop the belt at a Takeover and since
    There were no Balor matches on the post Dallas taping and the next taping I believe is on the 28th
    this was the only way this could happen at this exact time i.e before the next Raw... so maybe we won't even be waiting until the next PPV for Balors main roster arrival.

If that is the case and he shows up next monday I would guess it'd be part of a 4 man Bullet club which reverts back to 3 man at Payback when they turn on AJ who doesn't want their help and so as to fully establish Finn as the leader not AJ.... and of course to allow Reigns to keep the belt.

If ths does happen post mania has been so much better than the road to wrestlemania already. Fun Raws and lots of buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Just hope they don't let him speak on Raw.

Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Balor on the main roster won't affect him being at the NXT show tour - he's front center of the advertising and is a local star (in WWE minds) in Ireland and also UK. Baron Corbin is still scheduled for the show - he, like Enzo & Cass have yet to start on WWE tours or house shows. So there's a bit of leeway - Sami Zayn wrestled another month for NXT house shows after main roster so I'm confident that if he's fully healthy and fit, he'll be on the NXT Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

duuuaaaane wrote: »
    Balor on the main roster won't affect him being at the NXT show tour - he's front center of the advertising and is a local star (in WWE minds) in Ireland and also UK. Baron Corbin is still scheduled for the show - he, like Enzo & Cass have yet to start on WWE tours or house shows. So there's a bit of leeway - Sami Zayn wrestled another month for NXT house shows after main roster so I'm confident that if he's fully healthy and fit, he'll be on the NXT Tour.

This isn't bringing NXT to Pittsburg or Boston, they need all the talent they can get to fill arenas this size.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Balor could be off the NXT Ireland tour too as a result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I didn't see that coming. You would think he is going to be paired with Gallows and Anderson now. I note that he sold his leg as being injured so my guess is they will tease that he's suffered an injury and he will debut at Payback to screw Styles out of the title.

Wait for it...:D

:D

he really is the biggest tease ever.

Even all his previous teases mean he can get away with such antics cos either way it cannot be considered spoiling it and sure the WWE clearly want the buzz around the possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus the accents next Monday between Finn, Sheamus and Becky if he does turn up will be fun to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Vince: So Hunter, is this Finn Balor ready to join our newest faction on Monday?

HHH: Absolutely, Vince. I can see the Balor Club getting over huge.

Vince: Balor Club? I meant the League of Nations.

HHH: Oh fffffff...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Vince: So Hunter, is this Finn Balor ready to join our newest faction on Monday?

HHH: Absolutely, Vince. I can see the Balor Club getting over huge.

Vince: Balor Club? I meant the League of Nations.

HHH: Oh fffffff...

You may joke but it's sad that it's not even that unbelievable

You may joke but it's sad that it's not even that unbelievable

that's my biggest worry that Vince will screw up Balor and the Balor Club, he push them for a month or two then feed them to Cena and Reigns cause he just can't let a babyface take a few falls before they overcome the villain, it be nice for once to see Cena and Reigns struggle and question themselves instead of always overcoming those odds first time round. Then he turn Balor club into a jobber group with no cred at all.

I still have that feeling Balor won't be the leader, no way in Vince's mind would he have a guy under 6ft be the leader of any group. He have Balor as the Rollin's of The WWE version of Bullet Club taking the pin week in and week out on Raw and Smackdown. Don't be surprised to see them chose one of Vince's big guys as the leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Following on from that video, this is basically a "coming soon" isn't it?

http://twitter.com/WWE/status/725943912167137280

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm not sure, it could be a sort of a fake out, hinting he might come out with Gallows and Anderson at Payback to try and throw people off.

Advertisement