Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wait what?? Graves is on Raw!?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Wait what?? Graves is on Raw!?

Yep. New Raw line-up will be Graves, Cole and Saxton. And the new Smackdown line-up will be JBL, Mauro Ranallo and...wait for it...David Otunga.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Yep. New Raw line-up will be Graves, Cole and Saxton. And the new Smackdown line-up will be JBL, Mauro Ranallo and...wait for it...David Otunga.

Sorry for the off topic questions so a mod can move if needed but I only watched the draft smackdown today when did this all happen?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Sorry for the off topic questions so a mod can move if needed but I only watched the draft smackdown today when did this all happen?

WWE announced the new commentating teams the day after the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What's the chance he debuts tonight or will they hold off and make a huge deal of it on RAW tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

What's the chance he debuts tonight or will they hold off and make a huge deal of it on RAW tomorrow.

I would guess they'll wait until Raw. Just because it'll be a reason for them to say he will appear exclusively on Raw etc. Definitely a plausible chance of him appearing tonight though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Let Rusev batter Ryder in one of the brilliant extended Rusev squashes and while he is celebrating have The Demon make an entrance. Rusev who is one of the best actors on the roster could sell it with just his facials alone. Confusion, fear, amazement! That would be a memorable debut.

I dont expect that to happen though. I still think he debuts and turns heel instantly aligning with KA & LG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE wished Finn a Happy Birthday on Twitter and confirmed he's on Raw tonight :D

Everyone excited?

Feels like I've been waiting forever for this. I'm hoping all goes well for him, however they decide to introduce him.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well after seeing Lord TSC's post, definitely going to watch for Balor's debut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

With Rollins heel and reigns heel to everyone bar Vince, does that make balor the number 1 face on raw?

Will he get thrown straight into the title picture or go the styles route and have to feud with somebody for a month or two first?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I'm really hoping he comes out in and straight into a storyline tonight and not some "showcase" spotfest match against a jobber in a squash match, you know sort of where its unexpected, and not where they say, "up next is finn balor." ive never liked those debuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

With Rollins heel and reigns heel to everyone bar Vince, does that make balor the number 1 face on raw?

Will he get thrown straight into the title picture or go the styles route and have to feud with somebody for a month or two first?

Actually when you look at the roster there's no singles guy who is top face there right now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's actually just the entire WWE getting in on the trolling now and he won't actually appear on Raw for another year or 2. :p

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Only a guess, I haven't seen any RAW spoilers or anything so apologies if this is the case. Actually I'll spoiler it just in case:

Fully expecting
    he'll be a guest on the Highlight Reel, leading to a feud with Jericho

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Hes on right now, for those not watching.

What a debut

That's going to be conflicting for Summerslam, Rollins or Balor to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If they get 20 minutes plus it could be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That's going to be conflicting for Summerslam, Rollins or Balor to win.

Irish goggles off, it's hard to choose. Irish goggles on, Balor all the way!!!!

CSF wrote: »
    Irish goggles off, it's hard to choose. Irish goggles on, Balor all the way!!!!

Pretty much, either way the fans win..

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Class to see Rollins stepping out of character to put him over. It should be an outstanding match between them.

I want Finn to win, but personally I think Rollins needs it more. There can be excuses made for Finn in a loss at least and if he still looks strong then it's not the end of the world.

I think I'd rather he lost, he and Rollins keep feuding but he just keeps coming up short then we can see the Demon debut at Survivor Series to give his character a new dimension (you know what I mean).

I think Rollins needs another run as Champion. He's been less of a chicken **** since he returned and I think that along with the belt will see a better run as Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,342 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They have so much more to gain down the road by having Balor lose a really close and exciting match at Summerslam. The long road to victory always delivers the biggest payoff. Daniel Bryan is living proof of that.

Also I love Rollins and a long reign would do him no harm at all, he's absolute money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think Balor will be going down the long road.

He will end up feuding with Reigns who is so bitter that he costs Finn the match in favour of Rollins.

If he comes out as the demon at Summerslam I don't like the idea of him losing straight off the bat. If it is to be a loss, I hope it's because Reigns turns heel and costs him the match.

A win would be great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Yea Finn needs to come up just short at SummerSlam. Put him into an upper midcard feud with Jericho which he should win decisively. Sole survivor at SS in his match and then in December a win over a strongly built Strowman. Then its Rumble time. Let him go wire to wire. I know Roman did it this year but he lost and we all knew he was going to the end. Have it be a surprise that Finn is #1 and let him out last everyone. Then at WM we can have Finn vs Rollins II or if Rollins is tied up with HHH how about Finn vs a heel dominant Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't think they debuted him as a superstar to have him go the underdog route later. What worked for Daniel Bryan worked so well because it wasn't planned. He was a legitimate underdog that they didn't want near the title. Foley was a legitimate underdog that they didn't want near the title, hence how they were special moments when they eventually did. You've a bit of that with Ambrose too.

Balor looks (even for a guy who isn't built like Brock Lesnar and wrestles like a superstar so I'd love to see him continue his huge impact by becoming the first Raw champion, and then going on and elevating guys like Owens, Rusev, and Strowman which Reigns was never able to do because nobody was able to be a legit heel against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I presume he'll bang out the paint at Summerslam and bring home a victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I presume he'll bang out the paint at Summerslam and bring home a victory.

I'd say you're right on that

And surely the first sighting of the demon means he's going to win the match

Maybe you can have Rollins beat him down the line and the long term champ, but it's waste of the demon if he doesn't win, and clean too

Advertisement