Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

NXT is still a finishing school with a one hour, taped show that travels to generally small arenas and has some specials.

It's not where WWE will make most money. They will continue to grow it but it will only grow if they keep people for a short length if time. The chance to see a Balor or Steen before the call up is part of the appreal.

People featuring on RAW, on monthly PPVs/Specials reach the biggest audience and make the most money for them. From merchandise to bums in seats etc. It's also where the talent will make the most cash.

Finn will get called up, if Itami and Zayn were not hurt he would be called up already imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I said this on another thread but he tweeted the other day that one of his wishes for 2016 was to win the WWE championship. It was unusual in that he doesn't normally say much about moving up to the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,919 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What kind of crowd is at the Rumble/post Rumble Raw anyway? Would the Bullet Club get a huge pop? It's not a Wrestlemania type crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,461 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's in Orlando Florida this year so I'd say there will be a lot of NXT marks at it.

If the Bullet Club or AJ turn up they will be know by most of the crowd would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,138 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What kind of crowd is at the Rumble/post Rumble Raw anyway? Would the Bullet Club get a huge pop? It's not a Wrestlemania type crowd?

Rumble is in Florida. Reigns will be the hometown boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It's very possible that Finn could debut with the Bullet Club on the main roster, minus his demon gimmick. They did the same thing with Rollins. His goofy rocker gimmick from NXT didn't see the light of day on the Raw or Smackdown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know it probably wouldn't be the best booking.

But I'd love to see Finn win the Rumble, and the title, with a Balor Club smash-and-grab. Just present them as this new invading group, have Balor enter late, the other guys run through the crowd, bundle people out and help him win. Have a real Nexus moment, which could create a new top guy instantly, as well as have people who don't know him tuning into Raw in a "I don't know what happened but I have to find out" way.

Finn is on the WTS podcast this week. Doesn't say an awful lot you wouldn't know already from previous interviews but it's a good listen and he comes across as such a sound chap.

Worked as a heel against Sami Zayn at a live event last night apparently. Sign of things to come when his buddies arrive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Dumb question. What is WTS podcast?

• Advertisement

Not a dumb question at all I should have linked to it in fairness. What's The Story? podcast.

http://www.wtspod.podbean.com/mobile/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Cheers Pente. Best interview I've heard with him.

The story of Austin calling him randomly to give him advice is amazing. I don't think many guys in SCSA position would be so generous with their time.

Matt Bloom also sounds like a great guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Seems to have a good relationship with Trips (going by the amount of photoshops alone on his Instgram :)), will do no harm in the future.

Seems to be some chatter that WWE don't plan on bringing him up from NXT any time soon and want him to be the face of the brand in the coming months. What would people think of that?

Personally I reckon it depends on what they have in mind for NXT. He could do some great things with the newcomers there but there's a danger of him getting stale there too. Increasing talk that the Bullet Club lads will be heading to the main roster too but we'll have to wait and see on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Pentecost wrote: »
    Seems to be some chatter that WWE don't plan on bringing him up from NXT any time soon and want him to be the face of the brand in the coming months. What would people think of that?

Personally I reckon it depends on what they have in mind for NXT. He could do some great things with the newcomers there but there's a danger of him getting stale there too. Increasing talk that the Bullet Club lads will be heading to the main roster too but we'll have to wait and see on that.

Ive thought that was the case all along. He will definitely come up for brief feuds or appearances but i dont think he will be a mainstay in the main roster

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i thought that nxt was a feeder for talent - holding Finn down there will only hold other people back - Apollo Crews, Sami etc - i think that if anyone was to be the face of NXT they could use Sami because he has had shots up on Raw and Rumble and WWE obvs arent ready to keep him there just yet - where finn is an unknown and could be huge if done right!

All this talk of Balor Club etc - would his character work better as demon or balor club when he comes up first - surely he cant do both on the main roster! Personally i think Balor Club to start just cos i want to see it in WWE - but the other half of me wants to make sure that Finn makes it and i think that Demon Balor will be more over character with the audience - kids etc

well if it was me id love for him to debut at raw after mania with the balor club as faces bring AJ into the group then tease leadership issues between finn and Aj leading to eventually heel turn for finn, gallows and anderson. Then bring up sami and another nxter to feud with them for summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 14 davelafaro

Balor / Bullet Club in a feud with a returned Rollins in a reformed Shield would be pretty exciting somewhere down the line.

I think he will be called up post Mania when Brock, Jericho, Taker, Rock go away.

I think he will lose his title soon. They need to use people like Joe, Aries in his spot and make room for likes of Corbin, Apollo to keep things fresh. One of the reasons NXT works is because of the talent turnover and the sense you are seeing something special that you might not see again.

The talk is that it could be that Zayn and Joe both get called up ahead of him depending on what happens at Takeover. So there would be room for some of the newer guys to step up.

One hour of programming a week and a PPV every few months doesn't seem like a lot when you consider the increasing level of talent they have there. Wonder if they would think of increasing that?

• Advertisement

I think Joe will get a run as NXT champ and feud v Apollo before any call up. If he ever gets a call up that is.

Jaysus, assuming they are real birthdates I was shocked to find that Finn is only two months younger than Daniel Bryan.

More shocked to realise he is OLDER than

THE Ryback
    Erik Rowan
    Damien Sandow

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ooh this could be exciting, don't miss Raw on Monday:

https://twitter.com/wwebalor/status/703650301593722881

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Finn trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ricero wrote: »
    Finn trolling

More than likely but don't ruin this for me! I'm too damn hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,138 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shane's champion? Demon vs Phenom?

Sploosh.

Oh Finn you little trolling son of a bi***

I doubt he'd be allowed tweet about it if he was actually going to be involved in anything. But it would be great to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Bullet Club vs The Wyatts :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Didn't he do something like that a few months ago too? He certainly had me thinking he was going to show up on Raw.

Advertisement