Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I wonder did he have to clear that with the WWE twitter media department.

I'd say they came up with it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Bob Ryder is such a cretin! The one reason I hope TNA folds is for all the Bob Ryder stories to come out. Fair play to Punk for responding. I think Finn may be similar to Punk in that he probably wont play the political games and can make a living outside of the WWE machine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I like seeing heel Finn starting to work its way in. A much better prospect long term for him as WWE struggle to create babyface stars on debut.

If Balor Club becomes a thing on the main roster down the line Joe would be great to work with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im 100 percent convinced Joe is the next challenger. Joe turns on Finn happens in the final and Joe badly needs it. Hes dont nothing much since joining NXT
    I think Finn turns on Joe at some point, going by his body language in recent weeks. Finn could benefit from the early heel run like Bret Hart and The Rock did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I think Finn turns on Joe at some point, going by his body language in recent weeks. Finn could benefit from the early heel run like Bret Hart and The Rock did.

There's something about a heel you like, that turns him into a big babyface

The whole yes yes yes thing with Daniel Bryan started out as a heel thing annoying people

Cena got over with the doctor of thuganomics

Austin got over by just being a badass, but a heel one at the start

Rocky was so charasmatic as a heel it made him what he was

I think it's best for him as a heel, and let the fans determine when he turns

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭The White Feather

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

His RTE documentary repeated now on RTE 1

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Short interview, 15 minutes or so, between Taz and Finn on Taz's podcast

Taz builds up Finn around the 2 minute mark calling him one of the top 3 wrestlers in the world right now, and then has the interview around the 59 minute mark.

http://www1.play.it/audio/the-taz-show/nxt-champ-finn-balor-and-survivor-series-recap/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So what does eveeryone reckon will happen him in 2016?

In 12 months time will he still be in NXT? If he's still there by July I'd start to get a bit worried.

I know NXT is its own brand and getting more exposure, but the end goal is ultimately to get over on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Most likely RAW after WrestleMania. He will probably end up like Neville who is a glorified mid carder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Most likely RAW after WrestleMania. He will probably end up like Neville who is a glorified mid carder.

I dont see Finn getting the call up until at the earliest the second half of the year. Its no big secret that Rocky Romero is going to NXT and rumour has it that Machine Gun Karl Anderson is done with NJPW too so he is NXT bound. Now I know Rocky has never been Bullet Club on screen but he is part of that kliq, so the Bullet/Balor Club on NXT is a very VERY real possibility for the near future.

A heel Finn leading the BC of Anderson, Romero and say Apollo Crews (fits the MO of being a star in Japan, Indy guy before NXT etc) taking on Sami Zayn, Hideo Itami, Gable and Jordon thats tv that just writes itself and every NXT tour show would be a massive deal.

As for his main roster move, Id move the whole BC up in a Nexus type deal where they take out 2/3 big stars in a shock appearance around Sept. Oct. and build the end of the year and build to WM around the BC (guarantee ratings wouldnt slump like this year)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I don't see him moving up bar maybe some appearances due to nxt starting to tour more. I think he'll be the cena of NXT alongside bayley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'd like to see him have a heel run for a while just to freshen things up a bit. The obvious way to do it would be by exposing him as the person who attacked Itami or who orchestrated the attack if you're putting some guys with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

In 12 months time will he still be in NXT? If he's still there by July I'd start to get a bit worried.

So what does eveeryone reckon will happen him in 2016?

I read an interview with HHH or maybe it was one of those media conference things he does before the takeovers and someone asked about the next potential call ups to the roster and he specifically mentioned Finn. But he said it along the lines of, you don't just call up someone with his talent just for the sake of it, you need to have an actual plan for him which gave me hope! I think he'll be called up sooner than later, can see Joe following him up too they seem really high on him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Think I remember a recent Regal interview also where he made a comment about not knowing how long more Finn would be in NXT suggesting it may not be too long but yeah I wouldn't expect it till after mania. That said I don't think they will wait to bring all the "Bullet Club" to the main roster at the same time.
    LeeJM wrote: »
    I dont see Finn getting the call up until at the earliest the second half of the year. Its no big secret that Rocky Romero is going to NXT and rumour has it that Machine Gun Karl Anderson is done with NJPW too so he is NXT bound. Now I know Rocky has never been Bullet Club on screen but he is part of that kliq, so the Bullet/Balor Club on NXT is a very VERY real possibility for the near future.

If this is true, how I would see it is that they would arrive in NXT a few weeks before Finn would get brought up. So he can help Anderson etc settle in but after the WWE can treat them like everyone else and not give them special treatment as Finns buddies.

The debut on the main roster would maybe be the night after wrestlemania and he would debut strong. He would get a few feuds under his belt against the likes of Ambrose, Owens and Wyatt while the lads in NXT get acclimatized to the WWE way of things. Then just before his initial push and popularity may start to wane and the writers run low on ideas for a white meat babyface (which minus the demon he can be in NXT) have him debut the Bullet Club with those lads you mentioned coming to his aid as part of one of those feuds, most likely vs Wyatt as you could then have The Bullet Club vs The Wyatt family for a month or two.

Him being the leader of a faction would keep his push going strong and make him seem extra important especially so early in his main roster run and the lads would have worked around half a year in NXT which tbh nobody really gets to by-pass these days (Kevin Owens is probably the closest anyone has gotten to doing so since it's been what it is).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Who owns the Bullet Club trademark or has it been trademarked out of curiosity? Would WWE be able to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I think New Japan own the trademark. They're just not crazy strict on enforcing them like WWE are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

WWE recently trademarked the clique/Bullet Club hand gesture

Kliq_shirt_zps1efy74oy.0.png

and there is the whole Balor club thing which I guess they would be more likely to use even though it does kinda make the group all about Finn

tumblr_nf8l9mN2oc1rmbtjno1_1280.jpg11856733_1657320361181064_1275197698_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd be surprised if he didn't make a one off appearance at the Rumble in the Rumble. Adding a few NXT guys makes sense from a "filling out the numbers" point of view, and as champion, he'd be the guy who'd likely be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

If the rumours are true The Balor Club may become a reality. Rumours of Anderson, Gallows and Tonga telling NJPW they're done. Also included in that rumour were AJ and Nakamura.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Whosthis wrote: »
    If the rumours are true The Balor Club may become a reality. Rumours of Anderson, Gallows and Tonga telling NJPW they're done. Also included in that rumour were AJ and Nakamura.

This is now being reported as a done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Well in addition to Anderson and Gallows it's Nakumura and AJ Styles, not Tonga. Definitely feels like Balor Club is gonna happen.

Finn will be close to two years down in NXT soon wasn't he only supposed to be there for a short time to get to know the WWE way.

Hopefully the big league push will come now that the Bullet Club are arriving and he doesn't have to wait another year for them to get used to the WWE way.

Gallows knows the way hopefully the others pick it up quick enough for Vince's liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Finn will be close to two years down in NXT soon wasn't he only supposed to be there for a short time to get to know the WWE way.

Hopefully the big league push will come now that the Bullet Club are arriving and he doesn't have to wait another year for them to get used to the WWE way.

Gallows knows the way hopefully the others pick it up quick enough for Vince's liking.

I genuinely don't see him coming out of NXT anytime in 2016 or at all if this Balor Club idea comes to fruition. Styles and co won't get anywhere near the main roster and NXT is there to appeal to the Indy fans so as long as Finn is a part of a group with them, he's staying in NXT.

It's being marketed not as developmental anymore, but its own brand with its own wrestlers, so we have to prepare for the small possibility that Finn won't be put on Raw (don't want to call it the "main roster" because it cheapens NXT, a superior show). And be honest, does anyone have faith in Vince doing the right thing with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I remember Finn saying at Mania events last year that his goal was to be involved in 2016's Wrestlemania so I doubt he will be in NXT for very much longer. I reckon the latest he will debut on WWE is the night after Mania but wouldn't be surprised if it were at the Rumble.

I wonder what the chances are of Bad Luck Fale winding up signed? I miss Finn's entrance atop his shoulders.

Advertisement