Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I Met Your Mother - Season 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Why cant the kids seem to give it a **** about the story then?! When they used those cutscenes with the kids, they always used to roll their eyes in boredom...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Total buzz kill... was there a buzz left in HIMYM? So, the mother is dead in the future and this must be what they're on about when they filmed the final scene with the kids years ago. Not only does this make for a depressing end but is a cheap move to squeeze some emotion out of the finale. Also, if this has been planned out for a long time now, it just makes Ted's stories even MORE inappropriate! "Sorry kids, Mom died but here's how I met her... and how Barney hooked up with random women for 7 years... oh and I got my fair share too, if you know what I mean... of course you do, I went in to great detail on all my sexual exploits."

The only bit that resonated with me was the line from the mother "not to live in your stories". It's probably the only true thing said in a long time on the show and could tie in to the reason WHY he's telling this story. That could play out nicely. The mother being dead though... cheap trick IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Turquoise Lagoon

This episode really suggests that the mother is dying, but it seems too obvious and I think it might be a red herring. I'm starting to wonder if Ted is the one who is dying :confused: I know Ted is supposed to be the one telling the story but he isn't seen in 2030.
    The fact Bob Saget has never been credited as the voice of Future Ted Mosby is unusual ..... If Ted passed away but left a detailed and lengthy goodbye for his kids, couldn’t Saget—as an entirely different character—be the one reading that story?

Oh well just my theory :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

For either of them to be dying (Ted or the mother) would not make sense in terms of how the kids have been reacting to the stories all the way through, to name but one reason for why it would be a sucking big donkey dick way to end the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

This episode really suggests that the mother is dying, but it seems too obvious and I think it might be a red herring. I'm starting to wonder if Ted is the one who is dying :confused: I know Ted is supposed to be the one telling the story but he isn't seen in 2030.
    The fact Bob Saget has never been credited as the voice of Future Ted Mosby is unusual ..... If Ted passed away but left a detailed and lengthy goodbye for his kids, couldn’t Saget—as an entirely different character—be the one reading that story?

Don't get bogged down in your stories when you're dead Ted. Makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭Turquoise Lagoon

Don't get bogged down in your stories when you're dead Ted. Makes sense.

Or don't get bogged down in your stories when you still have months or possibly years to live :pac: she could just be encouraging him not to lose hope? Oh I dunno
    Il be sad when HIMYM ends but I can't take the suspense anymore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

When the show's creators did an AMA on Reddit recently they always referred to Bob Saget's character as 'Narrator', never making reference to the fact that he's supposed to be Ted in the future...

:eek: :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Are the kids not watching a recording of Ted on TV/DVD/Whatever they have in 2030?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Are the kids not watching a recording of Ted on TV/DVD/Whatever they have in 2030?

But they talk back to him?

Stoopid kids of the future!

Maybe the kids are dead?

• Advertisement

Maybe they're all dead? Maybe this is all Hurley's dream and he's still on the island?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭Tim Riggins

maybe they are dead

Maybe the scriptwriters are dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Maybe the scriptwriters are dead?
    Would explain the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 carrig4life

maybe bruce willis will turn out to be dead at the end....
    On a serious note I can't wait to see the ring bear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I am a pretty tolerant guy, but after all the crap, if they don't have a ring bear, I will be slightly miffed.

The ring bear was cleaned up, it's a ring bearer whose name we were even told. He does however have to be chained up so...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Ahhh the new episode was so good.. Even though I have to be up in 4 hours, it was so worth it.

I'm going to be a mess when it finishes, I guess I'm gonna have to try to find a life then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Anybody else think
    That when robin was thinking of her Mr Dependable on the balcony with her mother it was Ted and not Barney !!! AGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Anybody else think
    That when robin was thinking of her Mr Dependable on the balcony with her mother it was Ted and not Barney !!! AGAIN

That's EXACTLY what I thought!!

• Advertisement

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Anybody else think

Me too. If the fan theory that
    the mother's dead and Ted is with Robin is true I will so be angry. Hell when I heard it first it seemed the most ridiculous idea ever, now it looks like it might come true. This show is gone to ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Did Robin's mother annoy anyone else? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Based on the last scene of this episode, is there any chance that rather than
    the mother or Ted being dead in the future that its Lily since she would then be a mother who'd miss her daughter's wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

JohnK wrote: »
    Based on the last scene of this episode, is there any chance that rather than
    the mother or Ted being dead in the future that its Lily since she would then be a mother who'd miss her daughter's wedding?

There's a theory doing the rounds on reddit that it's
    Daisy who dies. Which may fit in with the recent episode where they drop Marvin off at college and talk about having an empty house. Which if they've a daughter about 18months/2 years younger than Marvin doesn't make sense?
    But I really hope that's not the case cos Jesus my heart couldn't take that!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Great Episode, love Lilly and Marshal, great characters. Why considering that Ted did both his wife and his boats boats boats girl did the captain not whoop Ted?

Well to be fair Ted had Boats Boats Boats first...

A good episode, with a few great lines. Loved Ranjit asking Marshall to get him a driving license :pac:

If Robin and Ted have another will they won't they moment I'm gonna hurl.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

I'd go with the theory the
    mother is dead and that when Ted nearly cries when they are talking about a mother missing her daughters wedding, that its because she is dying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I've an awful, awful feeling that the Mother will die and Ted will eventually "move on" (like the Mother had after her boyfriend died, with Ted) and get with Robin. How Barney's will fit into that equation, I don't know. Maybe Barney's and Robin won't get married after all? It's a ridiculous theory the more I think about it, but can't shake the feeling it will happen seeing as the writers refuse to shake the Ted/Robin storyline. It's an ending they could have planned from Season 1 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Dman001 wrote: »
    Maybe Barney's and Robin won't get married after all?.

They definitely get married. It showed Robin dancing with her father at the reception in Band or DJ. And also it showed the mother playing bass on the stage at the reception. They hardly had a reception if they didn't get married?! But then again it's HIMYM so really anything could happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's entirely possible that Ted could end up with Robin, isn't the scene from a few episodes of Barney and Robin married in the future from like 2014, leaving Ted lots of time to get back in there

Advertisement