Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I Met Your Mother - Season 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

What channel is this on
    Please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Thanks ou812

I'm in free to air only so it will take a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

24 episodes in 36 hours 42 minutes! I'm ready for season 9! E online did some great articles about HIMYM today and yesterday!

Wellyd wrote: »
    24 episodes in 36 hours 42 minutes! I'm ready for season 9! E online did some great articles about HIMYM today and yesterday!

http://eprotoeu.mtiny.com/article.ftl?id=462011&cc=ND

http://eprotoeu.mtiny.com/article.ftl?id=462042&cc=ND

• Advertisement

They've kept the standard from last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

We've been treated to how not to do a series finale (Dexter), how to do the first 5 minutes of a brand new season (Breaking Bad) and how to build up to a climax perfectly (Breaking Bad also), but that premiere showed how every single premiere should be done. Absolutely fantastic, and I hope they keep the flash-forwards and flash-backs tied in like they did in this episode. Phenomenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I feel a fool for thinking it might be funny. I should have given up on that dream a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

cian68 wrote: »
    I feel a fool for thinking it might be funny. I should have given up on that dream a long time ago.

What? Did you think this was a comedy?! Well I don't hear anyone else in here laughing. Do you?!

**Simpsons reference**

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Only they could draw out the wedding weekend into at least 3 episodes. What was that 2nd episode for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Thought it was only OK up until the last few minutes, which was perfectly done and has got me very excited for the rest of the season. Anyone else think . . .
    Those flash-forwards are of Ted and the Mother's wedding weekend? It would really help flesh out the season, and would satisfy a lot of fans who wanted to see the two together for a while before the show ends.

We'd also get the prospect of seeing both Barney/Robin and Ted/Mother marry at the same time, which would be absolutely amazing if done right.

If they go that direction and then finish it off at the train platform and their first meeting, the ending would be pretty much perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Watched the first episode. Unbearable to watch, any humour was outweighed by Lilly's annoying obsessiveness. I'll probably dive in and out just to see how it ends, seeing as I've stuck with the series this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lyris

I liked the new episodes, and the Game of Thrones reference made my day.
    I liked how Lily met the mother, it seems like the two of them will become good friends. It's also nice to finally have another likeable female main character except Lily and Robin. But I don't like how they are emphasising Ted's loneliness, although I understand that it's necessary for the story. I just feel sorry for Ted. The mother seems perfect for him though.
    The Barney/Robin part with their common cousin was funny, but nothing special, and the part about making Barney believe in marriage annoyed me a bit.

I loved the episodes last night. Especially the last few minutes of the second episode. I don't feel like HIMYM is a comedy per se anymore. To me it's more about watching them grow now that we know that there is a definite end date in sight. I've been watching since day one and I'm kind of disappointed in so many people dissing the show. The programme is just evolving with its viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Wellyd wrote: »
    The programme is just evolving with its viewers.

So it has evolved from comedy to drama? It is a turd compared to what it used to be. Evolving my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Any why should it be void of critique? Because you like it? Nah, i'm all for show progression, but 9 seasons of a storyline that's been milked to death is not for good viewing. Having said that, I've been invested since S1 so I might as well see how they all end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Couldn't stick more than 10 mins of the premiere. Used to be a fan of the show but the last few series have been awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I don't blame Ted for making Lily wanna leave the road trip, I'd be sick of her too!

Agreed that it will be nice to have a likable female character in the show.

Least after this season, it'll all be over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

For the first time in a while, an interesting ending on HIMYM

Enjoying the start of this season more than the last few have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

These episodes are kinda just space-fillers. I really hope it all starts to go crazy soon.
    The first 2 episodes were quite enjoyable, especially when you saw Ted and the mother one year into the future.
    I enjoyed last week's episode where Barney told Ted he saw him and Robin, but this week's episode was kinda annoying how it was brushed under the carpet when it started, and then it turned out Barney was still annoyed. Marshpillow was quite funny though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

the last one was not too bad, especially the ending was kinda fun!

but its kinda annoying that it takes so many episodes for one wedding weekend:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

i like this season, so much better when everyone is happy and cheery, unlike last season where nearly every episode had Ted being all depressed about not meeting the "one"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Am I the only one who wants to see Ted get hit by a truck and eaten by Hyenas?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Am I the only one who wants to see Ted get hit by a truck and eaten by Hyenas?

I certainly wouldn't like that to happen. I'd feel sorry for the poor hyenas having to eat that useless piece of ****.

Anyone else spot this almost disappointingly subtle nod?

276072.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

This season suuuuuucks, the only parts I haven't hated are the parts with the Mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

yeah i spotted the pumpkin but cant think of a way how that fits in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Watched the first 4 episodes of the new season. I was intrigued by this 24 episodes covering ~55 hours of the wedding weekend idea as it really could have shaken up the format of the show. Unfortunately, aside from the "55/53/51 hours until the wedding" ticker at the start of each episode and the movement from one episode picking up directly from the last, the writers have been incredibly lazy about this. There is no sense that what you are watching is taking place in 2x or even 3x real time. Ted rewrote 200 table cards twice, played a poker game, went on a trip to the beach with Barney etc. and no doubt in the next episode the countdown will have just move 1-2 hours. I know the show has never been much on the realism stakes but the big pitch of this season was the new linear timeline format and it's completely abandoned. Each episode is still very much standalone with a self contained plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

The scene in this weeks episode with McLaren's made me sad. I miss McLaren's :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I fail to see the point. What exactly are we waiting for now?

Advertisement