Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I Met Your Mother - Season 9

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Maybe "the twist" will be that there is no twist!
    No I'm going with my insane ending. It also explains why Ted's voice is different when talking to his kids - it's the voice of the artificial intelligence programmed with his memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

How do I post a photo without it coming up on the actual thread? MAJOR spoiler alert but I went crazy when I saw it and wanna pass the excitement on to those that wanna see it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

How do I post a photo without it coming up on the actual thread? MAJOR spoiler alert but I went crazy when I saw it and wanna pass the excitement on to those that wanna see it!!

Just post the link to the photo as a url with SPOILER tags

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Put the link in between [noparse][url][/url][/noparse] tags instead of the ones.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Just post the link to the photo as a url with SPOILER tags

I saved it to my computer, it was on imgur and I have no idea how to find the link again! Think I can upload it so it's a link in the post and people click on that? I'll fiddle around with it!

• Advertisement

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER IN THE PHOTO ATTACHED.
    Don't wanna ruin anything for anyone, but when I saw the photo I was so excited and had to pass it on to those who wanna see it!
    If you look at the clothing, they're both dressed the same as when they're waiting in Farhampton. My guess is, since the yellow umbrella played such a big part in the series, I think she drops it and then Ted picks it up (divine intervention from her ex Max, but that's another theory of mine I won't bore you all with), and hands it back to her. It's raining so she offers him some shelter underneath the umbrella! So I am fairly sure this is one of the first moments when they meet. OH MY GOD. Sorry but I am not able for life or anything else right now.

As you can all tell, I am having a wild Saturday night.

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER IN THE PHOTO ATTACHED.
    Don't wanna ruin anything for anyone, but when I saw the photo I was so excited and had to pass it on to those who wanna see it!
    If you look at the clothing, they're both dressed the same as when they're waiting in Farhampton. My guess is, since the yellow umbrella played such a big part in the series, I think she drops it and then Ted picks it up (divine intervention from her ex Max, but that's another theory of mine I won't bore you all with), and hands it back to her. It's raining so she offers him some shelter underneath the umbrella! So I am fairly sure this is one of the first moments when they meet. OH MY GOD. Sorry but I am not able for life or anything else right now.

As you can all tell, I am having a wild Saturday night.

Not to rain on your parade but like, isn't that hugely obvious? :P I mean. I stopped properly watching the show 2-3 years ago but I pretty much assumed that?

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Not to rain on your parade but like, isn't that hugely obvious? :P I mean. I stopped properly watching the show 2-3 years ago but I pretty much assumed that?

Which part? It's been confirmed afaik that they meet at the train station. I was just throwing in the theory that they meet when she drops her umbrella or something! I've seen people have many different theories about how they start talking, all of which are a bit far fetched. Wouldn't be surprised if Barney introduces her to Ted and then they meet again at Farhampton.

Which part? It's been confirmed afaik that they meet at the train station. I was just throwing in the theory that they meet when she drops her umbrella or something! I've seen people have many different theories about how they start talking, all of which are a bit far fetched. Wouldn't be surprised if Barney introduces her to Ted and then they meet again at Farhampton.

Im saying Its pretty much confirmed that thats whats going to happen. There was such a big deal made of the Umbrella and the station et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Lads if you're going to discuss spoilers can you use spoiler tags? From the little of your posts I saw while scrolling past it looks like you're not using specifics but still, some of us do not want to be spoiled and I'd hate to read something accidentally because it wasn't tagged.

• Advertisement

Lads if you're going to discuss spoilers can you use spoiler tags? From the little of your posts I saw while scrolling past it looks like you're not using specifics but still, some of us do not want to be spoiled and I'd hate to read something accidentally because it wasn't tagged.

Its nay spoiler its a motif thats been floating around since season 2 or 3 that a poster is just hypothesising about. Very minor. Worry not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    I hope this is the case, although there must be some kinda mad ending coz they filmed their reactions years ago!

I really hope the meeting at the station isn't the end of the series, they need have a proper ending!

My guess there will be an epilogue sort of thing, where we get to see them in the future and how lives turned out, its that sorta show......

and hasnt it been a given that it happens at the train station where we see her buying a ticket and we've already had the umbrella story........

ixoy wrote: »
    No I'm going with my insane ending. It also explains why Ted's voice is different when talking to his kids - it's the voice of the artificial intelligence programmed with his memories.

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I am betting Barney is the Dad in How I met your Dad, Barney seems like a bigamist. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Not expecting any twists nor should there be. nice simple ending will do

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

What time is this at tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've just deleted a bunch of posts. Come on guys, you know the rules by now. No streaming/download talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sparks43 wrote: »

You sonofabiiitch... :D

Pity about the clock change, gonna be harder to stay up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

It's on at 1am our time, yeah?

Slow Show wrote: »
    It's on at 1am our time, yeah?

Yep it would be if it wasnt cancelled as post above

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Ya 1am, I may regret staying up come morning.

That said let's be thankful its not 2am....nothing good happens after 2am :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Yep it would be if it wasnt cancelled as post above

The flying spaghetti monster loves a trier. :pac:

Anyone seen the inside the actors studio bit where Barney and Marshall do Les Miserable, very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

This is going to be a really sad moment. The show has had ups and downs and has maybe been running a bit too long for the premise but it I will be sad to see it end.

Do CBS do live tv on their site?

Like rte and bbc do

The flying spaghetti monster loves a trier. :pac:

Anyone seen the inside the actors studio bit where Barney and Marshall do Les Miserable, very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

They are supposedly streaming this live for free but we shall see. It may have been an early april fool's joke.

TGJD wrote: »
    They are supposedly streaming this live for free but we shall see. It may have been an early april fool's joke.

Well if that is the case then streaming rules dont apply if its not geoblocked.

Fingers crossed

• Advertisement

10 minutes!

Advertisement